What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good. I like you very much, so perhaps woozy is a compliment to me.

Right now, I'm taking my woozy self off to bed. These medicines are very odd and they make me feel very strange and sleepy.

With love,
~Cat

I'm sorry about the accident and that you're in pain. The medicines do make you feel sleepy, so why are you up at 4 a.m.? ;) Listen to your body, and PF and you will be better soon. Take care.

Well where's the recipe then! We have QO here but I've not seen a recipe on the packet. (Which isn't surprising as I don't buy QO. I buy the organic ones from Mornflake.)

I'll swop you my "Ginger Oaties" recipe. The recipe says "Jumbo" (ie whole) oats but QO will do only the cookies may not be as crisp.

Since I can't show the original recipe here I will send it to you in a private pm. Give me time to look it up, copy, paste and send it on its way. About ten minutes. :angel:

Last edited:
I have just finished a bottle of *gravy browning which I bought when I moved into the first house I bought in 1984.

*If you don't have it where you are gravy browning is basically burnt sugar caramel syrupy liquid and used buy the drop to give colour to pale "pour on" gravy served with "red" meat (or anything that needs a bit of brown colouring). I only use it when I have visitors.

It is great in beef stew. Give the gravy a nice glossy look and it does add flavor. I use it all the time. :angel:

Well where's the recipe then! We have QO here but I've not seen a recipe on the packet. (Which isn't surprising as I don't buy QO. I buy the organic ones from Mornflake.)

I'll swop you my "Ginger Oaties" recipe. The recipe says "Jumbo" (ie whole) oats but QO will do only the cookies may not be as crisp.

Everything is online, MC: http://www.quakeroats.com/cooking-and-recipe/vanishing-oatmeal-raisin-cookies.aspx

I made these the other day for DH and only used 2 cups of oats. The dough is so stiff, I had a hard time mixing it. But DH loves them :wub:

Last edited:

The recipe is usually under the lid. And you should have it. I have sent it on its way to you. Right from the QO site. You might try adding dried cranberries to them also. Happy Baking!! And Enjoy! :angel:

Everything is online, MC: Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - Recipe | Quakeroats.com

I made these the other day for DH and only used 2 cups of oats. The dough is so stiff, I had a hard time mixing it. But DH loves them :wub:

It is a very stiff dough. Not for arthritic hands. But so worth the effort! I only use three cups. And I use the dried cranberries instead of the raisins. I always have the berries on hand, very seldom the raisins. It think it is a tie between chocolate chip and QO oatmeal cookies as America's favorite. :angel:

My mother's youngest brother (in other words my uncle) who died 2 years ago would have been a great grandfather if he had lived. I was at his wedding when I was 3. Evie, his great grand-daughter is 6 months old.

Frightening, isn't it.

Mind you, in the scheme of things I could be a great grandma and I'm only 64. (And if any sweet young things are reading this don't you dare boggle at "only 64" :rolleyes: )

I presently have I think six great grandchildren. My oldest granddaughter is fast approaching 40. My oldest great granddaughter is in her late teens. Old enough to make me a great, great grandmother. All total there are (I think) 18 grand and great children. I no longer try to keep track. Just too dang many. :angel:

I made the mistake of opening up one of those decorative canisters someone brought me.
So right now I am eating three different kinds of popcorn :yum:

Finally, we have a "Help I have fallen" system that will actually work. Up to now I have had to call on my cell phone. They in turn have to connect me to the Boston 911 line. Precious seconds lost. :angel:

I made the mistake of opening up one of those decorative canisters someone brought me.
So right now I am eating three different kinds of popcorn :yum:

I love that popcorn! And I like to use the empty canisters to store yarn.

All this talk of coconut reminds me I have to make some cookies to use up mine. DH heard that coconut is good for you, so he bought 2 bags of sweetened coconut, then he remembered he doesn't like coconut. So now I will use it up making cookies he doesn't like.

Absolutely, I made her WANT those pain pills!!!:angel:

She did such a good job that I have a lot to do today. So I took one before I even started. I will take a second one two hours later. What I love about taking them is the effect they have on me. I get super energized and can work for hours. No naps needed. :angel:

All this talk of coconut reminds me I have to make some cookies to use up mine. DH heard that coconut is good for you, so he bought 2 bags of sweetened coconut, then he remembered he doesn't like coconut. So now I will use it up making cookies he doesn't like.

It's really good popcorn.
I've always been a bit skeptical of pre-made or store bought popcorn, but this tastes like it was just popped. I just wish the caramel corn had some peanuts with it :rolleyes:

I have one that my office received as a gift one year - we divided up the popcorn but since DH and I don't eat it, I got to keep the container. I keep my baking supplies in it, so I can find them all when I need them.

I'm just sitting here...smelling the fresh baked cookies and looking at my finger

IMPORTANT SAFTEY TIP:

Never chop cranberries with a super sharp knife after knocking back the better part of a pint of vodka.

I love that popcorn! And I like to use the empty canisters to store yarn...

I have one that my office received as a gift one year - we divided up the popcorn but since DH and I don't eat it, I got to keep the container. I keep my baking supplies in it, so I can find them all when I need them.

I think the containers are more coveted than the popcorn.

Usually when I cook meat, that is all I make. But today I want something to go with the chicken legs. So I am making a small helping of potato salad. Only this time I will use the Hidden Valley regular dressing with bacon instead of mayonnaise. It should be good. Who says you have to be in season to eat foods you love. Potato will have to serve as my carb and veggie. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom