What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pac, sorry to hear about your water woes. I hope it all gets sorted quickly.

Laurie, sorry to hear about your rough night. (((Gentle hugs))) That was awfully sweet of TB.

Addie, I totally understand about foods not appealing to you. Lately I have been forcing down the basics and now that I can only eat non-fat foods it is almost a relief because I don't want them anyway. Are you able to eat fruit? I find when I can't eat other things, fruit helps a lot.

I don't want to see you lose too much more weight. {{{{{{{{{{{{{Addie}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I limit what fruit I take in. Due to the natural sugar. I could afford to lose another 30 pounds and still be healthy.

I think I'm an addict. After watching the first live performance of The Sound of Music a few weeks ago with Carrie Underwood, I watched the reprise the following week. Now I discovered the original with Julie Andrews is on ABC.

I think I'm an addict. After watching the first live performance of The Sound of Music a few weeks ago with Carrie Underwood, I watched the reprise the following week. Now I discovered the original with Julie Andrews is on ABC.

I think Carrie got a bad rap when they compared her to Julie. First the script was a bit different, and even Julie wouldn't attempt to do it live today. Julie was America's sweetheart. She could do no wrong. :angel:

Whew, my water heater is finally lit again.
Now I'll find out how quickly it recovers. I need a shower and the DW needs run.

I think Carrie got a bad rap when they compared her to Julie. First the script was a bit different, and even Julie wouldn't attempt to do it live today. Julie was America's sweetheart. She could do no wrong. :angel:

I found Carrie's performance to be charming, so I watched it twice! And I've seen Julie's performance about 4 or 5 times. Love the musical!

You're not an addict until you know all the words to ALL of the songs...

Whew, my water heater is finally lit again.
Now I'll find out how quickly it recovers. I need a shower and the DW needs run.

Thank Goodness, I thought maybe we would have to do an intervention...but only if you promise to grill for us.

I take it the sing a long is only for the Hallelujah Chorus. The full performance is two hours long. I know. I have sat through it on several occasions. :angel:

It was different!! The choir was dispersed throughout the audience. Unfortunately not much effort was made to seat the sopranos, tenors, baritones, etc together. The only person up front was the conductor. There were about 10 times the audience rose to sing in unison. The soloists were outstanding though. Taos has many professionally trained voices and the concert was beautiful. There were a few times that is sounded a bit bad in the back of the audience. I often wondered if it was a pleasant experience for the conductor, trying to keep the audience somewhat together!

You are more than welcome to come with us when we go home next May. The Sound of Music was filmed very close to Mrs D's home. This is the house, our apartment is the second floor balcony that you can see off the front.
img_1329892_0_40c1bc8cac4be37e6dae173b1cdf65c5.jpg

You are more than welcome to come with us when we go home next May. The Sound of Music was filmed very close to Mrs D's home. This is the house, our apartment is the second floor balcony that you can see off the front.

Sweet! What a beautiful house, and what a view!

img_1329912_0_40c1bc8cac4be37e6dae173b1cdf65c5.jpg

Oh, how beautiful! You're very fortunate to live in such a picturesque spot.

I'm watching the lovebirds battling it out over a game of Sorry! They're very cute together. It's still difficult for Cat to move, but she makes herself keep moving by getting up every few minutes.

Carl leaves tomorrow for home, and he'll be back Friday to spend the rest of the winter break with us. We'll miss him.

These two are very strange for being so young. I remember my boyfriend when I was Cat's age, and we were always holding hands and all over each other without being disgusting, if you know what I mean.

Carl and Cat aren't very demonstrative at all. I was expecting a lot of hand-holding and arms around each other, but no.

PapaCat and I are more affectionate toward each other than they are. But I can see the softness in Cat's eyes when she looks at Carl, and he's so sweet to her.

She still throws things at him and calls him silly, so I think they'll be fine.

MammaCat

Pac, I am so sorry for your troubles. Floods of any kind are no fun. Didn't the paper towels soak any of the water up for you? (Sorry, had to do it ;))
But seriously, My thoughts are with you.

Apparently they weren't Bounty. The quicker picker-upper!

Sorry to hear of your water problems,Pac. We only had that once...when something got stuck in the drain of the stationary tub and the washing machine emptied! My fault!!

It was different!! The choir was dispersed throughout the audience. Unfortunately not much effort was made to seat the sopranos, tenors, baritones, etc together. The only person up front was the conductor. There were about 10 times the audience rose to sing in unison. The soloists were outstanding though. Taos has many professionally trained voices and the concert was beautiful. There were a few times that is sounded a bit bad in the back of the audience. I often wondered if it was a pleasant experience for the conductor, trying to keep the audience somewhat together!

Did they pass out any sheet music or the words for the audience? Most folks know the chorus. Even if they don't know all the words. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom