What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're young. ;)
:innocent:

I cheated. I had a nap after dinner, because my back still hurts a little.

I found a very small square box under my nightstand from Carl. He hid it there for me for Christmas!

It must be some kind of jewelry to be in such a small box. I'll bet it's a nice pin or small brooch, or maybe some nice earrings.

We'll see.

Merry Christmas!

With love,
~Cat

Addie, doesn't Staples have free shipping over a certain amount? Here in Canada it's for purchases over $45 and they do their own delivery.

I'm eating popcorn out of one of those tins. It's your fault, Pac. After you mentioned it I saw one in the store and it hopped into my cart! The tin has a beautiful winter scene on it.

Mine has a Christmas scene with a Golden Retriever puppy on it.
I'm almost done with the white/salted and the buttered :rolleyes:

UPS today announced that they are completely overwhelmed with packages. Way more than their system can handle in time for packages to reach their destination. Even if you were told your package would arrive on time. They certainly were not expecting this much business this year. I know that last Wednesday my girlfriend paid extra for overnight delivery for a package she sent me. It arrived Monday. Good luck Pac in your waiting. :angel:

Thanks. It came around 3:30.
I'm not really sure where the delay was. It arrived to the center 6:30, but didn't get scanned onto the truck until right before noon.
And at 9:30 or so I found two packages from UPS on my porch. He must have really been running late, but those were regular delivery. Gotta feel sorry for the drivers being Christmas Eve and all.

My BIL works for FEDEX. They grind their drivers into the ground. They are understaffed and forced to work long hours. At the end of the day he literally has to drag himself up the stairs into his home.

I am having surgery the day after Christmas. Left wrist and
elbow. So I am making sure everything is finished. Canned
6 quarts of green beans this morning. Cooked my part of
Christmas diner except for the prime rib.

Wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas !!

Josie

Merry Christmas Josie. I hope the surgery goes well, Carpal Tunnel?

Hugs,
PF

I seem to have come down with something: sniffling, a bad cough, a headache, and my upper lungs hurt. I hope those painkillers take away that headache soon.

I have to do something about all that meat I thawed for the tourtière. I'm going to make the filling, cook it, and refrigerate it. I am taking it easy and doing this in little steps. I won't bother making the crust today. Right now I'm soaking some potatoes so I can scrub all the mud off of them. They go in the tourtière.

If I don't feel more energetic by the day after tomorrow, I'll reheat the filling and then freeze it. Heck, maybe I should just freeze it today.

I seem to have come down with something: sniffling, a bad cough, a headache, and my upper lungs hurt. I hope those painkillers take away that headache soon.

I have to do something about all that meat I thawed for the tourtière. I'm going to make the filling, cook it, and refrigerate it. I am taking it easy and doing this in little steps. I won't bother making the crust today. Right now I'm soaking some potatoes so I can scrub all the mud off of them. They go in the tourtière.

If I don't feel more energetic by the day after tomorrow, I'll reheat the filling and then freeze it. Heck, maybe I should just freeze it today.

Cook it, freeze and then off to bed with you. Get some sleep before you get super sick.

Oh man Taxy. Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Between you and LP. I woke up yesterday with a raging head cold myself. Mrs D dragged me off to the health food store and got me some oil of oregano. I mist say I feel quite a bit better today. I hope Stirling is feeling better.

Just put it in the freezer and wait until you get over the plague to mess with it. The Ogress has ordered you to go to bed. Go, minion, and rest!

I hope you feel better real soon, Taxy.

With love,
~Cat

I'm hanging out on the Chesterfield with my duvet, and my cat nearby. I'm taking naps.

And thanks Rocket, GG, and Cat for the well wishes.

Sorry, nurse took over! I also hope you feel better soon. With both you and Stirling down...you don't have anyone to help out.:ermm:

Sorry, nurse took over! I also hope you feel better soon. With both you and Stirling down...you don't have anyone to help out.:ermm:
That's okay and appreciated. But I'm not going to try to sleep in the same room as Stirling until he quits "honking". It's some better today, but he coughs really loud.

Nope, you both need your rest, in separate rooms if need be.

I'm ripping my new CD collection to the computer. Then to my MP3 player to take to the hospital with me.

Decided I HAD to go to the candle-light service at our church last night. It is about half way between our major hospital (where I was the previous two times) and a small community hospital. Sure enough, just after the service ended my pain shot up to a 10 and my pain med didn't even touch it.

Turns out the small hospital has been cut on it's surgery even more than the big one. The doctor ran all the same tests and agreed on the diagnosis and said all he could do was give me more morphine and send me home to wait for the surgeon's referral. I finally lost it. I screamed at him, said no one in the medical field and those that make up these rules and budges knows what someone with chronic pain deals with and then with an acute pain on top of it. I wanted to leave right then and there (I do not want morphine thank you very much. They did the tests as I mentioned and at least I got a second opinion that this is the correct diagnosis. He said if there was infection they would keep me in until they could get a surgeon (probably Friday but could be Monday). But there was no infection.

He talked me into a morphine shot and we went home. This was 2 am. We brought in Christmas in a hospital ER. I slept until 10 am and then from 3 to 9 pm. And I have been able to manage the pain as chronic now I know it is gallbladder and a solution is in the future.

I know this isn't the thread, but my Christmas dinner was an apple!

I started to come down with a cold on Christmas eve, and it was full blown by morning. I got through the day. My husband told me not to tell anyone I was sick, but how could they not tell? My SIL came and she was even sicker than I am, so between the two of us we probably made the whole family sick. But we all had a good time and lots of food and drink.

Tax lady, I hope you and Sterling feel better!

And you too, LP Beier. It's always comforting knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but in the meantime, I hope you are able to manage the pain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom