What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope all of you are feeling better! Mamma, Lakisha, and I all awoke with a very nasty cold. We have to stay away from DA, so we're all honking and snorting and sneezing and coughing down here. Papa's well, he's up there with DA and we all had to have separate meals.

Papa and DA are well, so they had their meals separately upstairs while the rest of us made many loud noises down here. Mamma curses when she sneezes, Lakisha sounds like a moose mating call, and I hate the sneezing because it hurts my back where that gash is. Oh that does hurt. I gave Mamma and Lakisha my bed and I have the couch so when the sneezing and coughing hurts my back I'll awake no one.

We finished some of the leftovers from Christmas dinner. Those are so good! I'm wondering if I need to Google breathing problems. My chest feels very heavy so I have to breathe lightly or I'll have awful coughing.

What a mess. Christmas is not the time to be sick! Uck!

With love,
~Cat
Yes, google that. I think it means you have stuff in your lungs and that you need to cough it out. Maybe someone here who knows medical stuff (PF, you there?) can chime in.

I hope you, MommaCat, and Lakisha feel better soon.

What is it with the sick this year? Everyone seems to be coming down with something.

I'm drinking coffee and trying to wake up enough to place an order with the local pharmacy. We are almost out of pain killers and we need some milk and vitamins and other stuff. They have my credit card in their file and they deliver. This should be fairly easy. I asked Stirling to update the "Pharmaprix list" in OurGroceries. He woke up long enough to tell me that he did and not to forget to place the order. OurGroceries is such a handy app.

I hope all of you are feeling better! Mamma, Lakisha, and I all awoke with a very nasty cold. We have to stay away from DA, so we're all honking and snorting and sneezing and coughing down here. Papa's well, he's up there with DA and we all had to have separate meals.

Papa and DA are well, so they had their meals separately upstairs while the rest of us made many loud noises down here. Mamma curses when she sneezes, Lakisha sounds like a moose mating call, and I hate the sneezing because it hurts my back where that gash is. Oh that does hurt. I gave Mamma and Lakisha my bed and I have the couch so when the sneezing and coughing hurts my back I'll awake no one.

We finished some of the leftovers from Christmas dinner. Those are so good! I'm wondering if I need to Google breathing problems. My chest feels very heavy so I have to breathe lightly or I'll have awful coughing.

What a mess. Christmas is not the time to be sick! Uck!

With love,
~Cat

Cat, when a person has abdominal surgery and they have to cough, if they hold a pillow on the incision, it minimizes the pain. Try sitting in a chair with as pillow behind you and lean back against it when you need to cough. It will help minimize some of the pain. You really need to try to keep your lungs clear and active. And take your pain pills as you are supposed to. Try to do the coughing about ten minutes after taking the pills.

Take care of yourself and get as much rest as possible. But make sure you cough. A good deep breath will also be beneficial also. Lean against that pillow. Place it against the wound and then against the chair. Let the pillow absorb the pain. :angel:

I am being driven crazy by our furbabies! Violet wants Monkey's little catnip toys and Monkey wants Violet's squeeker out of her bear. They also know where the rest of the presents and treats are and keep whining and meowing in that general area. Thankfully monkey can't jump there. it is just a little out of her reach! :LOL:

Since so many are feeling I'll lately, I will just say a collective get well soon all of you!!! That's an order. What I am doing is a staying with My granddaughters while their mommy is in the hospital. DD went for her regular pre-natal check up yesterday and the doc felt that the baby was in some distress, his heart rate kept dipping. So they decided to take her over To the hospital via wheelchair and observe her for a couple of hours, by 4:00pm they decided he need to be born, so I packed a bag and headed out for the 2.5 hour drive to look after the girls. So the little sweetheart was born a week ahead of his scheduled C-section We think is is adorable, but then why wouldn't we? image-241454352.jpg

Awwwwww!!!!!! Welcome to the world, little dude. You;ve got alot to learn...like sticking stuff in your mouth is really cool....and you need to wait until mommy FINALLY falls asleep to take a dump. May you grow and prosper and be everything you want to be!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom