What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cat, please make sure your Mama gets plenty of fluids in her. A lot of chicken soup is just what she needs. Mostly the broth. You don't want to be giving her heavy meals at this time. Make sure something to drink is right next to her and encourage her to take small sips constantly. A straw wouldn't hurt right now either.

Also, try to make her give little coughs throughout the day. It will encourage her lungs to rid themselves of the fluid. Most of all make sure she gets plenty of rest and sleep.

I am glad you have become friends with your parents. When that happens, you know you have grown up. Mama is going to be fine with the great care you are giving her.

And I am happy that Carl has resolved his problems regarding his Mom. Sounds like things are really working out for everyone. :angel:

Thank you, Addie! Mamma does love water and she's drinking a lot of it. The stuff in her lungs sounds looser today and she's coughing some of it up.

Papa and DA are still well, thank goodness! Papa's starting to talk to me about his businesses also and about financial things. He's so very smart!

With love,
~Cat

A win is a win. The snow just makes it more exciting.

You know I thought of that game Sunday when Aarron Rogers' arm was grabbed and he fumbled, creating that weird TD play. I said, if this was last year they might have called the tuck rule :LOL:

You know I thought of that game Sunday when Aarron Rogers' arm was grabbed and he fumbled, creating that weird TD play. I said, if this was last year they might have called the tuck rule :LOL:

I saw that play. Rodgers sort of wandered over to his teammate and whispered to him to pick up the ball and run. At least one guy was paying attention.

Right now I am 5 days into an 11 day house, dog and cat sitting job about 15 miles north of town. I came into town to the house site to select the color of the switch plates. The plastering, with the color coat, is about half way completed.

I am making "fireworks" out of LED motion icicle lights for TB's New Years light and music show. So far he has done Halloween, Christmas and now New Years. I told him fine, I am glad he has a hobby finally....but HE has to find a place to store all the lights and light pieces (a polar bear, two trees, shooting star, angel, etc.). :LOL:

We really bond as a couple because he is very logical and technical while I am the creative one. When he said the stars couldn't be done with the new icicle strings, I looked on my desk, found a "dead" CD and taped it onto the center to hold the weight. It works like a charm and the programmed choreography he did on the lights is awesome! He used Auld Lang Syne, Firework (Katy Perry) and The Final Countdown!

I just got home from a drive into the city. It is BRUTAL out there. Zero visibility and maybe 25 yds when you can see. Gotta love the idiots driving without lights.

People seem to think that if they can see, they're OK. They don't stop to think that you have to be able to see them, too!

I kept thinking I was going to run into the back of one of those idiots stopped in the road. No wonder I don't like driving in the winter.

I kept thinking I was going to run into the back of one of those idiots stopped in the road. No wonder I don't like driving in the winter.

You don't live in a very good area for not liking to drive in the winter. I used to drive 21 miles to work in the winter, all on back roads. Now I won't even drive to the store.

You don't live in a very good area for not liking to drive in the winter. I used to drive 21 miles to work in the winter, all on back roads. Now I won't even drive to the store.

Well thankfully I don't often need to drive when it's storming.

Blood Drawn, typed and crossed...so they have back up, just in case. EKG clear! Except for what day it is, all I have to do is walk in and I'm set to go. I really hate waiting.

I'll be back Friday...he has orders to let the forum know if something bad happens. So I'll be back Friday, because nothing bad is going to happen.

I just got off the phone with one of my Dad's friends. She and her husband lived in the same building as my parents and they did a lot together. When both Dad and Peg lost their spouses, they because "companions". They never moved in together but Peg would cook for Dad and he would take her out for dinner.

She moved to the island around the same time Dad moved in with us - they were both not able to look after themselves any more and moved in with family.

She asked me about a Vancouver legend, Dal Richards - a band leader and musician extraordinaire. She said his radio program wasn't on any more. I looked it up and it is now on his website. The current version is Christmas music and I realized how much I missed listening to the show with Dad. Dal talks about all history of the songs and singers. I have to admit I have a few tears rolling down my face - a beautiful memory of time with Dad while he could still enjoy his love for music.
Thanks for mentioning this, LPB. I've just finished listening to the Christmas edition and will be listening again in future.

I've always loved "big band" and swing music and as a teenager, when my contemporaries were saving up for Beatles and Rolling Stones on vinyl I was haunting jumble sales with my pocket money looking for Glen Miller, Benny Goodman, The Dorsey Brothers et al on 78 shellac records. Even as a little girl I was deeply unimpressed with Elvis Presley and Bill Haley and the Comets. My favourite uncle was a jazz fan and I think I caught it from him.

Last edited:
Thank you so very much, Addie. No, we know she can't fly back with Papa, so she's set her ticket to January 28. She's very sick.

Thank you all for being concerned about my Mamma. We're worried too, but she seems to be having good medicines and she was a little hungry today and breathing better. She ate lightly but she ate some of all three meals and she had some crackers with the leftover cheese ball and yogurt for her snacks. She naps a lot, and talks to Papa and DA through the door at the top of the steps.

None of us go upstairs. The door is closed. Papa and DA do not come down here. Carl has gotten a cold. I'm very worried, with his asthma, of him being exposed so very closely to Mamma's pneumonia. I changed the filters on the heat pump today and I hope it keeps DA and Papa well. I think masks are a very good idea. I dug out all the ones I bought when I had that other cold and so Papa and DA have them.

Mamma is being very, very pampered by all three of us. Papa was so very smart to move Carl down here. Papa and I got angry with one another when I refused to let him go to the hospital with us. Mamma was down here all the time, he was not, and I didn't wish for the risk to him. He could have become ill and he's always with DA.

I said to let us take her, I'm already sick, Carl refused to let me go without him so he could comfort Mamma, and it was a mess. But when we were gone, Papa knew I was right, and he moved Carl's bed and his stuff down here.

What really hurt me was when Papa apologized for being upset with me, I couldn't hug him. I told him I went between him and his wife this one time, and I just couldn't allow him to become exposed any more. I also said the apology wasn't necessary, for he removed Carl away from DA and him and this meant more than anything to me, and I said his little girl is still here and I love him. He said he loved me dearly, and then he said he loves the little girl of me, but he also admires and loves his big girl! We've become so close. I adore my Papa more than ever now. I can tell him anything now, just like Mamma.

I've discovered something now about my parents. If you're honest and let them be parents while you are still their little girl, parents grow with you. Then they become your best friends and then you find out they were your best friends all along the way, and that makes the love you have for them go off above the scale. I love them much more. I always loved them dearly but now I have had different experiences with them, especially my Papa, and I find my love for them is so much more.

I'm sorry this is so long. Mamma saw me after my talk with Papa and she said, "Now you're a Papa's girl, as well as a Mamma's girl. That's what I've always wanted."

At least I could hug Mamma. My arms ache for Papa.

Carl's on the phone with his Mamma, and Lakisha made a few postings but she's still very aching with this plague (this is what we call it) so she's in the bathtub with my wonderful lavender bath beads and Epsom salts. Mamma is up in a chair, looking over my shoulder here, and she wishes all of you well and she thanks all of you for your concern and everything.

I'm saying this in front of her: I'm heartbroken that she is so sick, but a blessing came of this: I get to be with her longer. I just wish Papa could stay longer but he has the businesses to attend to. Mamma called her administrators and has a substitute teacher arranged indefinitely for to take her classes.

Now I need to catch up upon what else all of you are doing.

With love,
~Cat
What a good kind girl you are and some very wise words too.

I'm late picking this up but I hope all the invalids are feeling better now. And what about you after the accident? Are you fully recovered?

Happy new year and I hope you achieve all you wish for in the coming year.

God bless.

Back
Top Bottom