What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bet the new one has that cheater switch in the coffee basket bottom. If it has a spring you can sneak a cup while it's brewing and the drip stops while the pot is off the burner. Himself does that with our pot, then remembers that the coffee is a wee bit stronger when he takes his first sip. :-D
And if you forget to put the pot back, the basket overflows. If you forget to put the lid on the pot, the basket overflows. I'm sure you can guess how I know this. :ermm:

Cat slept straight through until around 4:30 this afternoon. We can understand the bronchitis but we can't understand dehydration. She was always pouring water and juice into her and she seemed to be drinking just as much if not more liquids as we were.

But she confused "rest" with "sleep." She wasn't sleeping at all and when you're sick you body has got to have lots of sleep so it can heal. We explained this to her and now she gets it. Maybe it was a language misunderstanding, because even tho her English is lots better, she still trips over words sometimes. She's been back there on her Nook watching her Mamma instead of sleeping.

Her fever's down a little too, but she's gone back to bed. Her Mamma's getting better and so are we. Cat can't stay up long and so I'll show her your messages and thoughts to her later. Thanks for thinking of her. I hope you all have a good night, and Cat 'll be back sometime soon.

What's a TO? Toaster oven?

Lakisha

Taxy, I didn't quote you here but this is about your care for the caregiver rant.

I totally agree with you and I was one of the ones who said it, plus you and many others that have known me for awhile here know I lived it for many years with my Dad (so I should have known better than to tell it to Cat).

Wow, I think I will go catch my breath after THAT run-on sentence! Thanks for your gentle reminder.

I also send gentle encouraging hugs to Cat and all her family and friends.

Cat slept straight through until around 4:30 this afternoon. We can understand the bronchitis but we can't understand dehydration. She was always pouring water and juice into her and she seemed to be drinking just as much if not more liquids as we were.

What's a TO? Toaster oven?

Lakisha

Lakisha, you can be taking in fluids, but without enough rest and a fever, you can still become dehydrated. She'll start getting better now that she is getting the sleep she needs and deserves.

And yes, TO is a toaster oven.

I'm making cookies for the guys at the Belmont Garage. My mom's brother died, and they needed to travel to Memphis for the funeral. She took the car in for service, and those wonderful people didn't charge her a dime. Total bill due $0.00. We were really low on money after Christmas, so that was really nice. It meant a whole lot! So I'm making those guys a big batch of my chocolate/chocolate chip cookies as a small thank you.

Mac, I think you should change your name to the "Awesome Cookie Guy!"

Seriously, that's very nice of you. It was nice of them, but many people wouldn't repay in any form and I am sure garage guys would never turn down cookies! :chef:

I'm making cookies for the guys at the Belmont Garage. My mom's brother died, and they needed to travel to Memphis for the funeral. She took the car in for service, and those wonderful people didn't charge her a dime. Total bill due $0.00. We were really low on money after Christmas, so that was really nice. It meant a whole lot! So I'm making those guys a big batch of my chocolate/chocolate chip cookies as a small thank you.
My Dad used to say"it's nice to be nice". I even use that as one of my signatures. You seem to think a lot like that. It's not a bad way to treat people. ;-)

What a lovely way to say thank you Mac.

I couldn't get warm. And I couldn't get my apartment warm. I just kept pushing the thermostat higher and higher. I knew what the problem was, I just didn't have a way of correcting it. Finally Spike noticed that in this storm, you could feel the wind coming right from the windows. So for the first time in seven years, my two big windows are closed tightly. Problem solved.

I am so sick of hearing about this storm. This is not the first storm Boston has ever had. Nor'easters are nothing new for this part of the country. :angel:

It says it's no longer available. Does this mean they can't find any more unicorns?

I know you are already gone for your surgery. You are in my prayers and I can't wait til you're back, good as new!

It says they will have more on the 3rd of March. Have to wait for Unicorn season. LOL!!

Hey PF, I told Himself that you'd end up posting tonight! Glad you're here. Don't forget that a pillow pressed up against that tummy will lessen the hurt when you cough. A lesson I learned when I had my c-sec. And a pillow between the knees if you're a side-sleeper. Feel all better real soon. ♡

Not too bad until, I cough! I keep dosing off mid word. I was able to eat

You know what to do for that. Hold a pillow against your incision when you cough. It really works. I know. I have four abdominal incisions.

Look at that folks. She is on the road to mend. Already she is complaining. :angel:

Hi Ogress! Remember I said she'd posting before Friday! How do you feel? I think they're right about a pillow against your tummy. Mamma made me do that when I had my appendice out and it worked. I have a big body pillow now that I put between my knees and against my chest and I love it! It's also nice for when my breasts become sore once a month.

I'm feeling better. I'm sorry to worry everyone so. Laki's right, I didn't know "rest" meant real "sleep," for I was afraid to sleep with Mamma so sick. I won't do that again! Please do a favor for me -- can we wait until I lose the body aches before I start getting turned over a knee? Ha! It's all fine, I'm not offended.

Thank you all so very much for your thoughts, prayers and hugs. The doctor put me on an antibiotic, Robaxin for the muscle aches and cramps, and more Vicodin. I told him I already had Vicodin and Soma, and he said that was fine but he gave me a little more. I like the Robaxin very much more than the Soma because it doesn't make me feel so very odd. But they certainly like to push painkillers upon you here for every little thing.

I appreciate all of you for giving your support to Laki. I slept nearly all last night and today, and this evening I was able to get up and visit with everyone. I'm drinking water and juice a whole lot more than I was also, and I finally had a meal of some bread and milk and it tasted so very good! With my friends here to help, I can sleep when I want to and I'm not so worried for Mamma. She has better color of her face today and she's doing better. She's hungry. I'm so glad I made so very much soup yesterday for them.

I hope you who are sick are feeling better, and I'm so very glad to see our Ogress back here. Thank you all again, so very much!

With love,
~Cat

Last edited:
Hi Ogress! Remember I said she'd posting before Friday! How do you feel? I think they're right about a pillow against your tummy. Mamma made me do that when I had my appendice out and it worked. I have a big body pillow now that I put between my knees and against my chest and I love it! It's also nice for when my breasts become sore once a month.

I'm feeling better. I'm sorry to worry everyone so. Laki's right, I didn't know "rest" meant real "sleep," for I was afraid to sleep with Mamma so sick. I won't do that again! Please do a favor for me -- can we wait until I lose the body aches before I start getting turned over a knee? Ha! It's all fine, I'm not offended.

Thank you all so very much for your thoughts, prayers and hugs. The doctor put me on an antibiotic, Robaxin for the muscle aches and cramps, and more Vicodin. I told him I already had Vicodin and Soma, and he said that was fine but he gave me a little more. I like the Robaxin very much more than the Soma because it doesn't make me feel so very odd. But they certainly like to push painkillers upon you here for every little thing.

I appreciate all of you for giving your support to Laki. I slept nearly all last night and today, and this evening I was able to get up and visit with everyone. I'm drinking water and juice a whole lot more than I was also, and I finally had a meal of some bread and milk and it tasted so very good! With my friends here to help, I can sleep when I want to and I'm not so worried for Mamma. She has better color of her face today and she's doing better. She's hungry. I'm so glad I made so very much soup yesterday for them.

I hope you who are sick are feeling better, and I'm so very glad to see our Ogress back here. Thank you all again, so very much!

With love,
~Cat

Hi ~Cat!

I am certainly glad you are feeling better.

I'm feeling fine, still having some problems with pain. But they are helping me out with that as much as they can. And Shrek forgot my teeth...so I am fairly harmless right now. Hugs, Fiona

Back
Top Bottom