What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK then. No checking on other patients while you're there.

Oh, you know me too well. :LOL: Mostly interested in the guy down the hall who is hollering. And the nurses station is right across the hall, so I can watch everyone coming and going.

The last time I was in the hospital there was a man in the next room who kept yelling "Help Me!" It bothered my husband so much he wanted to go in and check on him. The aide told him that the guy does that all day and night for every little thing. He would not use the call button. I felt sorry for the guy in the room with him. At our hospital, the call button gets answered immediately.

Right now I'm being, um, serenaded by a dryer filled with bulky stuff and a handful of tennis balls to keep things stirred up. Sounds like we've got someone captive in there trying to get out.:rolleyes:

In a few minutes I'm going to the kitchen to make another batch of bird suet. We're supposed to get hit with another ice/snow storm tomorrow night, along with bitter cold temps. Some several degrees below freezing and is predicted to last for the better part of a week, so my little avian friends will need fuel. I made suet a couple of days ago but it'll be gone soon because, as I glance out the front windows, I see that suet cage is empty and I filled it yesterday.

What a gorgeous day for a drive!
Man, it is so bright out there as only a winter day with lots of fresh snow can be.
And the roads in the city are hardpack and haven't turned to ice yet, which was nice. I came back home across I90, which was bone dry (thank you chemicals, lol), and you could see Canada across Lake Erie.

And the vet ruled out a bunch of stuff with Pierce's bloodwork, so it's either a brain tumor or epilepsy. Time to contact his breeder and see if any other dogs from his litter have reported in with seizures and let her know.

Thanks. I'm sure he'll be just fine.
If worse comes to worse and he keeps having them, that could be a problem when Kimber gets older. I'll know more after she hits puberty. They're pretty good buds now, so I'm pretty sure they'll stay close.

Thanks. I'm sure he'll be just fine.
If worse comes to worse and he keeps having them, that could be a problem when Kimber gets older. I'll know more after she hits puberty. They're pretty good buds now, so I'm pretty sure they'll stay close.

Sorry to hear that, pac. Are Pierce and Kimber related or the same breed?

Sorry to hear that, pac. Are Pierce and Kimber related or the same breed?

Kimber is my pup and Pierce is 6-1/2 years. Different breeds, different sexes, which should help. Plus they are playmates (now).
There's always that point in a multi-dog household when the youngest grows up and you wonder if they will all still get along. If they only tolerate each other, then a dog having a seizure might be looked at as an opportune time to change or flex rank. They would have to be kept separated.

Kimber is my pup and Pierce is 6-1/2 years. Different breeds, different sexes, which should help. Plus they are playmates (now).
There's always that point in a multi-dog household when the youngest grows up and you wonder if they will all still get along. If they only tolerate each other, then a dog having a seizure might be looked at as an opportune time to change or flex rank. They would have to be kept separated.

Got it. Thanks for explaining. I misunderstood your earlier post.

Last edited:
Seizures are so scary. My rescue cockers, that were definitely not from the same litter, both suffered from seizures, both petit and grand mal. A friend's Malamute did too, they had him on medication, it didn't do much good.

Hope Pierce is OK!

I have been under the blankets all day. I have the furnace set for 74ºF. and the dang thing has not shut off all day. I have the blower on high. The Pirate arrived about an hour ago. He was out working most of the day shoveling in this bitter cold. I went out to the kitchen and picked up a spoon. Could not believe how cold the metal was. I finally put a pan of water on the back burner to get some moisture and warm humidity in the air.

The Pirate had five layers on. He was so cold when he arrived. I never thought I would see the day when he would stand there next to the stove with the oven on and strip down to his first layer of long johns while I was standing there. I had a clean blanket that was folded on the chair and he grabbed it and just wrapped himself in it. Then he went and laid down with more blankets.

Will I ever feel warm again? :angel:

I have been under the blankets all day. I have the furnace set for 74ºF. and the dang thing has not shut off all day. I have the blower on high. The Pirate arrived about an hour ago. He was out working most of the day shoveling in this bitter cold. I went out to the kitchen and picked up a spoon. Could not believe how cold the metal was. I finally put a pan of water on the back burner to get some moisture and warm humidity in the air.

The Pirate had five layers on. He was so cold when he arrived. I never thought I would see the day when he would stand there next to the stove with the oven on and strip down to his first layer of long johns while I was standing there. I had a clean blanket that was folded on the chair and he grabbed it and just wrapped himself in it. Then he went and laid down with more blankets.

Will I ever feel warm again? :angel:
Yes.

I've had the space heater on max all day. It's finally up to 21°C (70°F). I wrapped the heating pad in a blanket and put it on for the cat. He sat on it for a while.
:angel:

It was in the 30s today, but not nearly as cold as you people. Warm hugs for all you cold people. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{WARM HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Back
Top Bottom