What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pac, sorry that is a bit disconcerting for Pierce.

Thanks Zz. I was out today, the warmest day we have had all week, and maybe next week too. It was biting cold, seemed even more so because it was so windy. Never fear, there are more layers I can put on and still move.

Last edited:
When will you know more Pac? I hope it turns out easily treatable.

God, who knows? :(
It seems the vet I saw did not know about the simple/basic neurological tests that other vets can do. When I asked her about neurological testing she said I would have to take him to Pittsburgh for an MRI or CAT scan. This is why I am so skeptical of today's vets. I am literally ready to go back to the days of old when it comes to my pets, aside from getting the rabies vaccine. It's a darn guilt game they play nowadays. :mad: Spend more money. It's pathetic.

At this point I may just let it ride its course.
On one hand seizures aren't good for the brain.
And the other... the meds do in the liver and kidneys.
And if it is a tumor... well... this is the reason pets are property and not family, so we can make those tough decisions when their natural time comes.

Thanks everyone for the words.

Pac, I am so sorry to hear about Pierce. My sister has had four relievers, from three breeders. Three of them have had seizures and of those two were on medications and one wasn't. It doesn't seem to matter how it is treated. Don't know if that helps. anyway, you both are in our thoughts and prayers.

Got the call today with an appointment with the surgeon regarding my gallbladder. It is January 13th so they did get it in fast. All tests are there so he can make a quick decision on whether to operate. I am still in pain though inhale it managed with my chronic pain.

I'm sorry to hear of Pierce and I hope he'll be all right, Pac.

PF, I'm glad Shrek brought you your laptop. That helps, yes? When are you going home?

Addie, it will get better. Winter won't last forever, although it seems to sometimes.

With love,
~Cat

...Got the call today with an appointment with the surgeon regarding my gallbladder. It is January 13th so they did get it in fast. All tests are there so he can make a quick decision on whether to operate...
That must be a relief. Hope whatever is decided gets you feeling much better. Remind us when it gets close so we can crank up the prayer requests to full throttle!

Pac, I'm sorry to hear about Pierce. We had a dog who had siezures, and we also had an old fashioned vet who told us to give him brandy and keep him calm to keep him from hurting himself. No meds. That's what we did, until he died at age 17. We had a younger female dog also, and the relationship stayed pretty much the same until he got so old that she realized he was no longer going to chase her around the yard, so she just left him alone after that. They never had to be separated, but all dogs are different.

It's around 4:30 am here and I woke up for some cough syrup and to stretch. It is so peaceful and quiet. The cat is curled up at my feet gently purring.

With all the hustle and bustle of life, it is nice to sometimes savour these peaceful moments.

Good Morning DC!

Thanks again, guys.
I know seizures are pretty common. It's the first time I've had to deal with one and it's a bit unsettling.

Oh lovely day. Not.
Blue skies but man that wind.
As David Bowie would say, and Nina Simone, Wild is the Wind.
The areas I have snow blowed are drifting over already and my tire tracks gone.
And the winds are coming from the South today... weird.

Well, that was quick! Glad you're feeling well. I know what you mean about your own bed, and your own purring pillows help, too ;)

Thanks GG! One purring pillow put one paw on my belly. We came up with an alternate plan that worked well for the both of us.:)

"Quick"? I guess it was, too long for me though. Not sleeping messes with your mind. Those nightshifters are a noisy bunch.

glad to hear you made it home already, pf! it being the weekend probably worked in your favor. ain't nothin' like sleeping in your own comfy bed! but beware of colds during this time>>> put shrek on a detail of plugging up all sources of cold air drafts around you. btw, you've got gmail that may have gotten buried or overlooked, during these recent busy days of yours for incomings, pf....

How is Shrek holding up as a CNA on his first private duty case?

I can just hear that little bell ringing! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm glad to hear that you are back home and all seems to be going according to plan.

LOL...he happily looked for a bell with me until he realized why I wanted one! No bell:(:ROFLMAO: Not too bad, so far. I tell him when he's hovering and ask for help when I need it. It's working, so far.:LOL: At least we always had the habit of him opening doors for me, so I am not finding that smothering. Now we both have a shopping cart when we shop.:ROFLMAO:

glad to hear you made it home already, pf! it being the weekend probably worked in your favor. ain't nothin' like sleeping in your own comfy bed! but beware of colds during this time>>> put shrek on a detail of plugging up all sources of cold air drafts around you. btw, you've got gmail that may have gotten buried or overlooked, during these recent busy days of yours for incomings, pf....

Thanks Vit, I'll take a look.

Not worried about the cold as much as I am worried about, heat. My little fleece robe is too much. I've been too hot since the surgery.

Yes, it was nice to get a quick discharge this morning. Did have to wait until the nurse was done with her morning med pass, but that was okay. The hospital staff was fantastic. If I need a hospital, it's my most favorite place to be.

Thanks again, guys.
I know seizures are pretty common. It's the first time I've had to deal with one and it's a bit unsettling.

I did not mean to make light of Pierce's condition, Pac. I was just trying to ease your mind that things might not be as bad as they seem. I am always upset when one of my furbabies is sick. They are so loyal and don't ask for much.

It was in the 30s today, but not nearly as cold as you people. Warm hugs for all you cold people. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{WARM HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks. I really needed warm hugs today. What kept me going is that Downton Abby's new season starts tomorrow. Can't miss that! And the temperature is starting to climb. :angel:

Hi, Hi!! I am home. Had a nap and feel pretty good. It was nice to nap in my bed!

And now you know why I fight so hard to get out and back home. The first thing I do when I get home from the hospital is sit on my bed. I know you are doing fine. I just worry about Shrek now. How is he holding up? :angel:

Back
Top Bottom