What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sad and so very happy at the same time! Papa has gone and that's what I am very sad about. But he left me a present under my pillow to be found after his departure.

It's a silver puffed heart locket on a chain and inside the locket is the first baby tooth I lost that he saved. He had this made for me by a jeweller in Bucharest and it arrived last Saturday. I saw FedEx deliver something, but Papa said it was some kind of samples for him.

I can't believe I have such a treasure! I never knew Papa would think of something as this! I feel as if I'm almost special tonight!

Parents are wonderful!

With love,
~Cat

I am sorry you are missing your Papa tonight, Cat. It is always sad when loved ones visit and have to leave. But you can look at that precious gift and every time you do, he will be right there beside you!

I am sorry you are missing your Papa tonight, Cat. It is always sad when loved ones visit and have to leave. But you can look at that precious gift and every time you do, he will be right there beside you!

Yes! He's right around my neck just as his arms were in a hug.

I think Papa is a person with deep thoughts which aren't always apparent. I do know this: If I ever adopt children, their Papa and I shall keep their little baby teeth and do the same for them one day.

Papa will be calling me tomorrow, and I can't wait!

How are you feeling, Laurie?

With love,
~Cat

Brrrr... It's cold here. I'm hiding out in the house. 60 degrees, raining and windy. Yuck.

5F and -12F with the wind chill is very cold here. Please give me your address so that I may visit you within the next 30 minutes. :LOL:

With love,
~Cat

....I can't believe I have such a treasure! I never knew Papa would think of something as this! I feel as if I'm almost special tonight!

Parents are wonderful!

With love,
~Cat
Cat, you aren't "almost special", you ARE special! Don't sell yourself short. Your parents picked you as their own and have loved you from the first. That makes you very special to them.

Sweet dreams of your Papa tonight while sleeping. I'm sure he's thought about you all the way back during his flight.

Cat, you aren't "almost special", you ARE special! Don't sell yourself short. Your parents picked you as their own and have loved you from the first. That makes you very special to them.

Sweet dreams of your Papa tonight while sleeping. I'm sure he's thought about you all the way back during his flight.

+1. You're special to your family and your friends, including us. That's a lovely gift. Enjoy it :)

I'm getting ready to drive Stirling to see our doctor. Her walk in clinic is from 08h-09h. I don't want to be awake at this hour. We'll be leaving at 07h. The temperature is around 0°F.

Amazingly difficult: Welch's Grape Jelly and Heinz Chili Sauce, with frozen cocktail meatballs. I'm heating it on the stove so the sauce cooks in, then will warm and transport in the CP. I used 32 oz jelly and 3 bottles chili sauce, 60 oz frozen meatballs. Around here, these disappear quickly, I think the recipe is from the '50s, usually with just 2 bottles of chili sauce. I like the tang of 3.

I saw a tip the other day that said to serve these meatballs and other spearable snacks with pretzel sticks instead of toothpicks, I'm going to have to give that a try!

No more finding toothpicks in odd places for a week or two after a party! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm sad and so very happy at the same time! Papa has gone and that's what I am very sad about. But he left me a present under my pillow to be found after his departure.

It's a silver puffed heart locket on a chain and inside the locket is the first baby tooth I lost that he saved. He had this made for me by a jeweller in Bucharest and it arrived last Saturday. I saw FedEx deliver something, but Papa said it was some kind of samples for him.

I can't believe I have such a treasure! I never knew Papa would think of something as this! I feel as if I'm almost special tonight!

Parents are wonderful!

With love,
~Cat

What a lovely gift he left you Cat. Remember, you had a major breakthrough with your Papa this time with him. You became an adult and yet remained his little girl at the same time. He has left you with some very special memories. And you will see him again. In the meantime you are still taking care of Mama.

Almost special? When were you not special? In your parents heart and eyes, you have always been very special. Since the time your mother saw you in that nursery and asked Papa if they could take you home. You were meant to be special. And you are certainly special to all of us. :angel:

That's a wonderful gift, Cat. You are very special to your Papa. At least you had a very remarkable visit with him and Mama...one you will talk about for years!

I'm watching Downton Abbey on Amazon Prime. Or at least I was... Yesterday the CC was working and today it's not.
Trying to understand what some of them are saying is like trying to get through one of Harry's posts :LOL:

I'm watching Downton Abbey on Amazon Prime. Or at least I was... Yesterday the CC was working and today it's not.
Trying to understand what some of them are saying is like trying to get through one of Harry's posts :LOL:

Pac, I have found that you have to turn the sound up to loud! Then you can understand then a bit better. So many of the characters mumble when they talk. I also think the English must have a different sound system than we do. Understanding them can be quite a challenge. No matter what the program is. :angel:

Pac, I have found that you have to turn the sound up to loud! Then you can understand then a bit better. So many of the characters mumble when they talk. I also think the English must have a different sound system than we do. Understanding them can be quite a challenge. No matter what the program is. :angel:

Well as soon as they come up with a good TV wireless sound system, or maybe they have since last time I looked, I'm going to put a couple speakers right behind my head.

OK, that's it. I just turned on all my INCANDESCENT light bulbs downstairs in an effort to generate more heat.
You won't be saying that in another year. Try to stay warm around a green bulb.

Well as soon as they come up with a good TV wireless sound system, or maybe they have since last time I looked, I'm going to put a couple speakers right behind my head.

First there are what I call the London English. They are the ones who love to mumble. I can understand them pretty well. Then as you go farther north, the accents change and can be very difficult to understand. And if it is written so that they have some of their idioms in the script, you have no idea of what they are talking about. I think Americans are by now familiar with the words, loo and knickers. But their pronouncement of some of the words that even we use, send my mind into a dizzy spell. Spike and I keep saying we are going to start writing down the words with the phonetic pronouncement the way the English say the words.

I love the English folks dearly, but do we really speak the same language? :angel:

I saw a tip the other day that said to serve these meatballs and other spearable snacks with pretzel sticks instead of toothpicks, I'm going to have to give that a try!

No more finding toothpicks in odd places for a week or two after a party! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Now, that's a GREAT idea!

I get to watch the Today Show, everything's cancelled around here again, so no work.

Last edited:
Spike and I keep saying we are going to start writing down the words with the phonetic pronouncement the way the English say the words.

I love the English folks dearly, but do we really speak the same language? :angel:

Addie, they are the ones who actually live in England. So who are we to say that we are right and they are wrong?

Let us know how it works. I wouldn't think a pretzel stick would be strong enough to insert into a meatball without breaking.

Back
Top Bottom