What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ever since I have had cable, I just have had the basic service. I am tired of all the junk that is available to me. So I called today to see what the cost would be to upgrade. Only ten dollars. I am now wishing I had made the call years ago. While I was talking to the customer service person, all of a sudden the channel I had on mute with no picture came on. Now that is what I call fast service. I will be watching National Geographic and a lot of the other Discovery channels. :angel:

Cat, you have a wealth of information about Papa's boat. She sounds like a beautiful boat. :angel:

Oh she is! And with very, very many thanks to you, I'll bring her legacy on to the new Catina and also to my future family.

Sail on, Catina 1929 - 2014.

With love,
~Cat

Addie, don't forget that a lot of people get kinda stupid when they are sick.

The doctor said that all of Stirling's symptoms are normal for someone his age who has just gotten over the flu. She told him the symptoms of pneumonia and told him to watch out for them.

I finally got my replacement master car key/remote and the key is programmed to the car. It was a very small detour to Swedish Auto, once we were at the doctor. At least it wasn't rush hour on the way home. But, poor Stirling was nauseous in the car. The doctor figures his continuing nausea is because his sinuses are draining into his stomach.

Addie, don't forget that a lot of people get kinda stupid when they are sick.

The doctor said that all of Stirling's symptoms are normal for someone his age who has just gotten over the flu. She told him the symptoms of pneumonia and told him to watch out for them.

I finally got my replacement master car key/remote and the key is programmed to the car. It was a very small detour to Swedish Auto, once we were at the doctor. At least it wasn't rush hour on the way home. But, poor Stirling was nauseous in the car. The doctor figures his continuing nausea is because his sinuses are draining into his stomach.

Oh poor Stirling! I'm keeping him and you in my thoughts. That would make anyone nauseated. Uck!

You must have a Volvo, yes?

With love,
~Cat

Well...I made a wonderful cream of vegetable soup...as I mentioned before...I sorta take care of an elderly French lady down the street. Her son is there (he's a vegetarian) so I cooked some with the chicken, and some without.....Not too spicy for her tastes....and I made homemade biscuits to go with it. I should get full karma points. :)

That's a nice thing you do, Mac! Full karma points! More karma points for cooking extra for a vegetarian....

Oh poor Stirling! I'm keeping him and you in my thoughts. That would make anyone nauseated. Uck!

You must have a Volvo, yes?

With love,
~Cat
Thank you Cat. Yes, I have a 2005 Volvo. Her name is Sigrid. I am very fond of her. Volvos are very good for winter. They like to play in the snow. ;)

Got my staples out today. Was out for almost six hours and I am tired. Having some soup and then off to bed.

Mise en place is done for dinner and I await my lovely lady to get home so I can cook.

Nice job. I saw you even had to make a store run.

My dinner is also started. The sauce is simmering, the pork steak is seasoned, I turned the leftover anchovies into paste for future use, the water is on low heat... need to turn a roll into garlic bread and I'll be set.

Hello, everyone.

I want to thank all of you for your healing thoughts and prayers. I'm better now, thanks to you and Cat and her friends.
I'm glad the Ogress is back! We were concerned. We were also concerned about you, Laurie, and others here.

You all saw what happened with Cat and her Papa. I'm wondering if Cat would be a good ambassador someday, but you don't want to know what she said about that!

It's very, very cold here, but without snow or ice. I walked out onto the patio here with Azia, and this seems to be a damp cold. In Romania, cold weather is more hard and harsh. Anyway, when Azia was done, I was glad to get back inside! So was Azia!

Aunt Stela is still well. I don't know how she escaped the plague, but she's fine. I'm stuck here until the 28th because of travel restrictions but it's a treat to be with my daughter longer. Sometimes bad things have a very good side to them.

We're in mourning, so to speak. As you know, Catina will never see another season. I have full trust in Cat and her Papa to make the new Catina a much bigger, better boat. She's on the phone with him again now and it's very early in the morning there, but never mind. He and Cat have a lot on their hands now. Her Papa sent the crew home. The leak is too much and a harbor tug is taking her to a dry dock tonight. Cat was right. I knew she was right too, but I had to let them deal with it. The list was reduced to 4 degrees which made her stable enough to tug but not to tow. The harbor is full of ice and it will probably take at least two days to get her to the dry dock.

We spent our honeymoon on her, in the harbor. We didn't exactly need the crew for that. She was under the name of the English equivalent: Noble. It wasn't until we found Cat that her name was changed. It was just the two of us for a week and we had a blast! Grilling and eating on her deck under the stars, looking out on the sea, and we even slept out on the deck a few nights, under those stars. We'd go into Constanta and shop and just wander about in the daytime just looking around. That's how we got our Constanta home, by looking.

Time passes and things change. Cat came along and grew up, and so we are here. It breaks my heart to think of that beautiful boat being scrapped. Now she's looking up keels and hulls and all sorts of things. At least the new Catina won't have sails! Poor Cat fell off the main mast once! Never send a 10-year-old up there during a windstorm! She was only about 6 feet up, so she didn't get hurt.

Now that Cat understands about Catina I really wish she'd let me get rid of Snot! But, no, that's different. I'm stuck with it.

We're all feeling better, and thank you all again for thinking of me. I've never had pneumonia before; this is horrible!

I hope all of you are well, on the mend, and warm! Brrrr!

MammaCat

I changed my signature. I hope no one is offended. Everyone knows now I think America is beautiful and I love my new country, that I'm trying to grow where I'm planted, as Katie suggested, I'll always remember Addie and her daughter, and every day when I drive I watch for motorcycles.

I think my signature from now on will reflect something going on that I care about, as now Catina is to be no longer and I must move on to help Papa with the new Catina whilst bringing her legacy forward. It won't be anything religious or political.

This new boat is my very first project with Papa and I also wish to carry on with our present Catina's legacy. I'll explain all this later in a post.

You all know me now, you know how I feel, you know what matters to me, so we're good with this, yes?

With much love,
~Cat

Last edited:
I think it is a beautiful signature line. You must have PapaCat save a memento from the boat with "Catina" on it. And maybe make you a small keyfob from a piece of the Catina.

Yes, MammaCat, I am glad you are feeling better, too and thanks for the thoughts and Love I felt coming from Asheville for me.

I think it is a beautiful signature line. You must have PapaCat save a memento from the boat with "Catina" on it. And maybe make you a small keyfob from a piece of the Catina.

I have so very many plans for things from her! I'll post this later. Catina's legacy will be brought to the new boat and also to my family and my future children.

With love,
~Cat

Yes, MammaCat, I am glad you are feeling better, too and thanks for the thoughts and Love I felt coming from Asheville for me.

I'm grateful you felt everything coming. We are still thinking of you during your recovery as well.

You've treated this entire issue with great humor and I admire that very much, and I'm sure your Shrek does too.

While I was ill, we watched Shrek and Shrek 2. I liked those movies, and I had no idea you were a movie star! :LOL:

MammaCat

Back
Top Bottom