What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just put my shoes on. And as I was sitting in the chair on the sun porch and looked up at the coat rack this is what I saw:
View attachment 20566
My knife!

It's been MIA since Monday. And I use it on an almost daily basis, so of course I already ordered a replacement. I just don't lose stuff, so it was driving me mad that it was not surfacing in another pair of pants that I had been wearing. I figured that I would find it in the Spring, when the snow melted.
Apparently the last time I used it, as I was putting it back into my rear pocket, I clipped it onto my coat instead :LOL:

Another mystery solved. Lesson learned. The Pirate is always losing stuff. And of course it is right under his nose. :angel:

I just put my shoes on. And as I was sitting in the chair on the sun porch and looked up at the coat rack this is what I saw:
View attachment 20566
My knife!

It's been MIA since Monday. And I use it on an almost daily basis, so of course I already ordered a replacement. I just don't lose stuff, so it was driving me mad that it was not surfacing in another pair of pants that I had been wearing. I figured that I would find it in the Spring, when the snow melted.
Apparently the last time I used it, as I was putting it back into my rear pocket, I clipped it onto my coat instead :LOL:

Funny! Shrek is always misplacing things like that. I drive him mad by handing them to him once I know what he is looking for.

NOBODY is better at losing stuff than my SO. She is a classic. Can't find her glasses and they're on her head. Can't find her keys they're in the door lock etc. If she says, "...don't bother looking in my purse, I already looked there.", that's where I look first.

I spend more of my life finding her stuff than anything else I do.

Had to jump start SO's car for the second day. She stopped in where she got the battery (less than two years ago). It's under warranty so she'll limp through today and drop it off tonight for service in the morning. Hopefully, it's jut the battery and not her electrical system.

I have been asked to give a talk at a workshop on depression, which I have dealt with on and off in my life. It will be at the end of the month and I am both excited and nervous.

So, I better dig out those notes from my public speaking classes and begin writing a speech!

Laurie,
that sounds soo good!
Hope there will be a lot the people can take with them!

+1!

Laurie, remember to look slightly over their heads if you're shy about speaking to a crowd like I am.

Papa gives many speeches and he does this too.

With love,
~Cat

I'm going crazy waiting to hear from Papa! It's after 10:30 pm there! He's been there for over three hours!

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! I just KNOW this keel and hull is the right one!

To h#ll with this waiting. I'm calling him now!!

Wish me luck!

With love,
~Cat

+1!

Laurie, remember to look slightly over their heads if you're shy about speaking to a crowd like I am.

Papa gives many speeches and he does this too.

With love,
~Cat
Thanks, Cat, I will remember that. I used to do a lot of speaking but that was years ago and I am out of practice.

I'm waiting for Latté to make Shrek fall down, she darts out in front of him all the time. She has slowed down doing it to me, because she's been stepped on and I've about killed myself to not put full weight on her when it happens. One of these days one of us is going down.:wacko:
LittleBit gets under our feet on a regular basis. Hmm, I can use that at a defense in case I decide to push Himself down the steps... "Officer, I don't know what happened! :ermm: Our cat always tries to race us down the steps and she must have tripped him! :ohmy: Oh Dear, now what will I do???" :angel:

Nothing Z, absolutely nothing! This is our running joke though. If one of us wants to eliminate the other, all we'll have to do is blame the cat! Actually, Himself is a dear since he's put up with me and my antics for 39 years. Of course, the same thing can be said of me putting up with him. We're a veritable Mutual Admiration Society! :mrgreen:

I'm considering going to bed. :ohmy: I know, it's not even tomorrow, so how can I go off to bed? :LOL: Well, I'm tired, my tummy is full, I'm finally warm after a glass of port. A good idea to go to sleep. Or to have another glass of port. ;)

Hopefully, when I wake up tomorrow I don't feel all achy and old in every stinkin' joint! Ha! Who am I kidding!

I'm wound up after a great evening of slowly-consumed beer and fish dip and camaraderie with artistically like-minded folks. Filled my belly afterwards with gyoza and pho and now am staring at Big Bang Theory trying to wind down. It's not working yet, but I do keep yawning at least.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom