What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, another task I can point and grunt. He's going to pull the hampers out and dump them so I cam sort through the clothes. Then he will haul them out to the car and into the laundromat. There I can just tell him what goes into which machine, add soap, etc and put the quarters in. Then resort for drying. Fold and back home, unless I can talk him into lunch out.:)

He really is being quite helpful and not too overbearing.

I would insist on lunch out! :mrgreen:

I am getting ready for a meeting as part of research for my talk on depression. Just want to make sure what I am talking about is relevant to what they are looking for.

I am really taking this responsibility seriously. It could impact the lives of others either living with this horrid illness and/or their loved ones.

Oh, just found out my silly mutt likes beets! A piece dropped on the floor and she grabbed it. I figured she wouldn't touch it but she wolfed it down and looked up for more (which she didn't get!).

I'm having a bad pain day, so it may not happen anyway. I've also been sleeping so much I'm getting sore spots on my shoulders and hips.

I'm having a bad pain day, so it may not happen anyway. I've also been sleeping so much I'm getting sore spots on my shoulders and hips.

Oh dear. Those days are going to happen for a short while. You have your staples out and now the real healing begins. Try sleeping on your side with a pillow at your back so you don't roll back.

You know the routine. You have had a major invasive surgery and it is not going to heal overnight. In spite of what you want. I have been there so many times that I have lost count. Which one was the worst? The one on my spine.

I had a very deep abscess that never came to a head and ripened. It became a hard tumor that developed tentacles that were wrapping around my spine. Just taking a breath after the surgery was enough to make me want to die. I did a lot of crying and couldn't wait until the next pain med came my way. But I made it. Sleep was my best friend. Today I have a very large hole in the middle of my back. And no pain. But for years my kids thought it was a bullet hole from where the police shot me when I got caught in the crossfire.

I got sick of everyone asking me what the hole was from. So I made up the story about the police. My kids sat wide eyed. It wasn't until they became adults that I told them the truth. They were so disappointed. :angel:

I would insist on lunch out! :mrgreen:

I am getting ready for a meeting as part of research for my talk on depression. Just want to make sure what I am talking about is relevant to what they are looking for.

I am really taking this responsibility seriously. It could impact the lives of others either living with this horrid illness and/or their loved ones.

Oh, just found out my silly mutt likes beets! A piece dropped on the floor and she grabbed it. I figured she wouldn't touch it but she wolfed it down and looked up for more (which she didn't get!).

Beets are a great source of iron for those who don't like to eat meat. Great for those who are anemic. :angel:

I sleep on my side, no problem there, especially since I got an abdominal binder. It's the time spent on my shoulders and hips. Going to see if I can sleep sitting up for awhile on the couch.

Laundry is sorted. Time for a shower and off to the races.

PF, I go through the same things with my chronic pain. It puts pressure on my shoulders and hips. When I sleep in my chair it imitates a hospital bed, but puts pressure on my shoulder blade. I am up and down between it and the bed through the night.

I hope the couch helped.

Beets are a great source of iron for those who don't like to eat meat. Great for those who are anemic. :angel:
I am eating them because I love them and they are very good nutrition and fill me up while I am on a restricted very low fat diet for my gallbladder. I actually had them for breakfast today! :LOL:

But as Carol said, I don't think the dog needs same nutrition guidelines. ;)

Ogress, I do hope you can become more comfortable. A grouchy Ogress is one thing, but an Ogress in pain would really scare me. Vlad the Impaler (Dracula) doesn't scare me as much as an Ogress in pain and I lived down the road from him!

I hope you received a laugh. Please, please, do all you can to make yourself more comfortable. I hate that my friends here hurt.

I'm taking as many of you as I can on board the Catina II in 2015 for her first season. I need your very best recipes for to treat the crew. Please post these on the Catina thread, please? I'm taking Kadesma's pork chops and onion sauce since she isn't here to post. In addition to the memories book, I'll be making a recipe book also, with all credit to all of you, and hopefully the cuisine on Catina II will be better than on Catina. You'll see my posting there, and it says of what we need. This is a hard-working crew of men, and they like all meats and pasta and of course fish and fresh vegetables don't last long so most of the vegetables are canned unless we can put into a port where I'll get fresh vegetables from the market.

I want all my friends here to post a recipe. I'll fix it of course and ask any questions of it so that I am able to replicate this perfectly for Papa and his crew. I want my friends here to be a part of this wonderful boat that will be built. You have been so very kind to me through this and I need your wonderful foods on board for a wonderful, loyal crew.

Oh. I got my stitches out today. I feel very much better! The scar is very ugly and it will never go away but if this is the worst which will happen to me, I don't care. I just won't be able to wear a 2-piece bathing suit any more, and that is fine, for I am modest anyway and those are very over-rated.

I may return to school on Monday! I am so very happy! I'm better, Mamma is very much better and DA never got sick! One of my Christmas presents from Mamma and Papa is a stair chair to the Bilge (my new name for my basement lair) and DA comes and goes as she pleases, now, all over her home!

Katie, we had professionals put this in, as I learned from your Buck. DA has not been catapulted through a window or any other orifice and we're not visiting her in the hospital. I thought you should know of this. If anyone wants to read a completely hilarious story, ask Katie about her Buck and his Mamma and the stair chair. I laughed until I had tears.

Somehow I'm not exactly happy tonight, but I do feel a sense of satisfication and some very much happiness of Catina II. I'm being a brat about letting Catina go, but I'll get over it. My heart keeps yelling, "NONONONO!!" while my brain says, "YES it is time! Get on with it!!" I don't say the "NO" part to anyone, but Mamma and Papa know. Papa is sad also but excited about our new lady of the fleet.

I spoke to Carl at length of this today, and he doesn't understand. He said, "Cat, it's just a boat. Don't worry about it, it'll be okay." I think we have some talking to do, and Mamma said he's not familiar with certain things of our family. When he said that, I told him I loved him and I had to go. I'll deal with him later. Laki thought this was wonderful and she said she would like to be on a boat at sea sometime. Poor girl has never been to sea!

Don't forget to post recipes, please, please, please? So I suppose what I am doing right now is talking to all of you with Mamma looking over my shoulder, and she sends her love to all of you.

With very much love,
~Cat

It's easy to overdo it. Now we want you to rest so you feel better. After my surgeries, I would sleep a while in bed and then get up and finish up the night in the recliner. I still get hip pain if I sleep on my right side, but I'm fine on my left side.

Take care, PF.

Back
Top Bottom