What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can always buy the recliner for you, and let him use it once in a while.

That was my point! PF can still call it "Shrek's recliner".

Take the guitar back. They're really hard to sit in, and they don't recline.

Last edited:
Ah, so it would be nasty to return it. Never mind! (If you were post-surgery, I figured getting a guitar instead of a recliner was the drugs. And they're different shapes.)

Last edited:
I should have got Shrek that recliner I was thinking about...
I don't know what the recliner was like but you need one like mine. It will take you from a standing position to a laying one very gently. It gives me similar angles as a hospital bed so I can get my body comfortable. TB and I got it for Dad in his last year and a half and it made a big difference. Now I have it and wouldn't trade it doe anything.

Attachments

• shreks guitar 2.jpeg
    shreks guitar 2.jpeg
    4 KB · Views: 68
I don't know what the recliner was like but you need one like mine. It will take you from a standing position to a laying one very gently. It gives me similar angles as a hospital bed so I can get my body comfortable. TB and I got it for Dad in his last year and a half and it made a big difference. Now I have it and wouldn't trade it doe anything.

I'm trying to figure out where I would put it...

Martin all Mahogany

What a wonderful guitar, Ogress! I'm very jealous but very, very happy for Shrek! You made my night, Ogress!

Martin is the top brand of all American guitars. These are hand-crafted and use only the best of wood and the sound of a Martin is very distinctive for its tone and its depth of sound.

This is so wonderful! Oh I love when people get nice things!

With love and admiration,
~Cat

I should have got Shrek that recliner I was thinking about...

When you do get one, make sure it is covered in cloth. Not leather like. That makes it impossible to get up without sticking to it. And having been through a few of them myself, buy a quality one you can afford. My daughter wouldn't listen to me. As a result, within a couple of weeks, her son who is a BIG boy, destroyed the very first one and the second one she bought. He likes to just "plop" down into any chair he sits in. Now she has a Lazy Boy and it stands up to anything he can dish out. She also now has black. It doesn't show the dirt as quickly. :angel:

PF, I understand that you bought the gift that you thought Shrek would enjoy the most. Even if you bought one now, you will probably be all better before you got it. But keep it in mind for the future. You can get sofas and love seats with a recliner feature. They don't recline as far as a chair does, but it would help tremendously. And try before you buy. Both you and Shrek need to sit in it and see how it feels. For example, my husband is 6 ft, so we have to make sure it reclines out far enough for his legs and feet to be supported. It's a good thing to have around when you aren't feeling good. The ones we have now are rocker/recliners. I didn't think I would like them, but the rocker feature helps a little getting up out of the chair.

How are you feeling this morning, after sleeping through the night?

What a wonderful guitar, Ogress! I'm very jealous but very, very happy for Shrek! You made my night, Ogress!

Martin is the top brand of all American guitars. These are hand-crafted and use only the best of wood and the sound of a Martin is very distinctive for its tone and its depth of sound.

This is so wonderful! Oh I love when people get nice things!

With love and admiration,
~Cat

We attended a Martin workshop and it was then I decided he deserved a Martin. It's not top of the line Martin, but it is a good one. It was the favorite of all the guys in the guitar shop. And it smells wonderful. Love mahogany.

Back
Top Bottom