What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've got one of their hand mixers that has to be 10 years old. I use it all the time and it runs like new. It came with a bunch of attachments and I really can't complain about the quality.

I have a Kenwood Chef Major. I like it. I now know where I can go locally to get attachments for it--thanks for the link Rocket_J_Dawg. A friend who was a professional pastry chef gave it to me when she moved. I haven't shopped for any attachments other than the ones she had for it.

I've taken up knitting again. I'm working my way through one of the bins of wool (hanks from yarn I spun and lots I bought on my forays to yarn stores) making scarves and hats for friends. Once I've warmed up my knitting skills again, I have two sweaters designed--one for the DH and one for me. I used to design yarn when I used to spin, so I tend to design the sweater to match the yarn I have on hand, not the other way around--pick out a pattern and then find the yarn.

The problem with knitting is that I have a hard time putting it down--just one more repeat of the pattern...next thing I know, it is 4:00 a.m.

I have a Kenwood Chef Major. I like it. I now know where I can go locally to get attachments for it--thanks for the link Rocket_J_Dawg. A friend who was a professional pastry chef gave it to me when she moved. I haven't shopped for any attachments other than the ones she had for it.
Glad it helped. We have a place in one of our malls that sells all the machines and their attachments. I just wish they were cheaper...I would love to have your Chef Major. With us moving back to Germany in a few years it seems pointless to spend the money on something that we can't take with us.

I'm getting a kick out of watching the Golden Globes! OMG, while Jacqueline Bissett is around 70, and looks fantastic, her speech (or lack of it) was downright painful. A tad bit smashed.

Last edited:
DVRing it, there is no way I can stay awake until it's over. :ermm::LOL: Just saw J. Bissett - yes, she looks great - I noticed they tried to cut her speech short with the music, but she wasn't done yet. :)

I woke up at 5:45 this morning. The Pirate was here last night to watch Downton Abby with me. As soon as it was over, he went to sleep. He got called into work yesterday. They had two broken pipes. Since he is the one with the plumbing experience, they called him.

Right now I am very sleepy again and think I will head back to bed. I need to talk the building manager this morning. Hope I wake up from just a short nap that I am going to take. :angel:

Downton Abbey... I think I will go to Amazon and stream last night's episode. That should keep me busy for a while.

React? She doesn't walk up to it or anything, and she does not growl or bark at things yet, but her eyes are intent and her head moves following stuff. She's definitely watching it and paying attention.

I just finished making cole slaw. It took longer to get the FP out of the cupboard and rinse off the parts for the DW than it did to shred up the foods.

Of all our 5 dogs we've had, we only had one that noticed the TV and I only recall her doing it once. There was a show on about some type of rescue dog and they showed the handler walk off stage with the dog, and my Missy walked over and looked around to the back of the TV, wondering where that dog went. It was so cute.

Of all our 5 dogs we've had, we only had one that noticed the TV and I only recall her doing it once. There was a show on about some type of rescue dog and they showed the handler walk off stage with the dog, and my Missy walked over and looked around to the back of the TV, wondering where that dog went. It was so cute.

I had a dog a while ago that watched anything to do with water. If he heard or saw water he was right in front of the TV. I'd have to tell him to move and he would scoot over alongside it. I often wondered if that is what caused him to go cross-eyed, because he wasn't when he was a puppy. I even took him to an optomologist. They didn't know what caused it either.

Back
Top Bottom