What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When Teddy is upstairs with Spike, and he hears a doorbell on the TV, he runs downstairs and barks like crazy at the door until Spike has to call him back upstairs. He also reacts to dogs barking on the TV and the meow of a cat. I guess he just doesn't know reality from the TV. Or he is watching too much TV. :angel:

I'm getting a kick out of watching the Golden Globes! OMG, while Jacqueline Bissett is around 70, and looks fantastic, her speech (or lack of it) was downright painful. A tad bit smashed.

she does look good. did anyone else think she sounded bipolar? no question she was pissed--at her mother? at being nominated 5 times and denied a win til now? at the fickle fleeting nature of youth and beauty?

West Penn Power came to our door and told us they were doing repair work on our street and our electric would be shut off for 2+ hours. I guess they decided to do this repair work on a day it wasn't freezing cold. It was in the 50's. Since we couldn't do anything without electricity we went to the Photo License Center and I got my picture taken for my new drivers license. When we came home they were still working so we went to Kohls. After that, we went to eat an early dinner. We split a turkey bacon club sandwich and it was really good. When we came home they were farther down the street and our electricity was back on. The furnace is back on but it's still a little chilly in here. I think I'll have some soup to warm me up.

I had a little dealings with Pennsylvania myself today.
I just got off the phone with the dealership I bought my Jeep at a month ago. I called last Friday wondering where my car plate was that I was supposed to get in the mail and why I had received a weight class sticker for a truck with my registration. It appears the DOT made a mistake and registered my Grand Cherokee as a truck, so to prove it isn't a truck the dealership needs to send them a picture of it and a copy of the registration I got. Apparently they don't think they made a mistake.

Of course the state doesn't make mistakes. When we bought our first SUV we were told that if you buy it without a back seat it is considered a truck. Look back there and see if you have a back seat, Pac. LOL Truck plates are more expensive, aren't they?

Right now I am watching the TV and there is a multiple alarm fire in an old abandoned paper mill in Lawrence right on the river. The whole building is engulfed in intense flames with black smoke coming off it. You can bet those floors are soaked in grease. The fire department can't get close enough, so they are just doing preventive watering on nearby buildings. The Pirate's son is there with his fire department.

Poor Lawrence. It has been through so much and this building was scheduled for demolition. It was built in the 1800 when the machine revolution began. Then in the early 60's the city got hit hard with the loss of thousands of jobs as they went south or overseas. This was one of the companies that left town. The city has never recovered from those days. It is one of the poorest cities in the countries. Most of the residents there are immigrants and on welfare. It is almost as bad as Detroit. The only reason it isn't is because most of the people who live there have no place else to go that they can afford. :angel:

Good luck! I hope he doesn't find anything!
My doctor is female. :cool: I really like her.

She took my blood pressure (110/55) and joked that I didn't need the rest of the exam.

I told her about the twinges in my right shoulder/upper arm. She examined it says it's probably a small injury to a tendon in my rotater cuff. I should be careful about carrying too much stuff on that side. I guess that's why I got the problem. When I carry grocery bags, I always put them on my right shoulder. Sometimes that's three or four heavy bags. :ermm:

She gave me a referral to have my bone density measured in spring.

On the way home there was some sort of incident on the autoroute. We all had to get off the highway. There was a huge traffic jam before we got off. It took me almost an hour longer to get home than it normally would outside of rush hour. Instead of ~9 km of highway & ~1 km of surface road (from the point we got off the autoroute), I had to drive ~1 km on a different autoroute and ~13 km on surface roads.

I am off to my appointment with the surgeon regarding my abdominal pain. I am really hoping something can be done. I am eating next to nothing, and when I do eat the smallest bit of fat I am in pain.

I just came home from work and immediately came to check out this new to me site. Wife and kids are not here yet so I can read a bit. I hope all is well for LPBeier and the pain goes away soon.

Got my new glucose monitor and have it set up. Just need to set up the strip prescription. Odd how all my at home testing is in normal ranges since my surgery...very odd.

Maybe the cause of the surgery was at the root of all my health problems.

Got my new glucose monitor and have it set up. Just need to set up the strip prescription. Odd how all my at home testing is in normal ranges since my surgery...very odd.

Maybe the cause of the surgery was at the root of all my health problems.

I got my new meter today also!

The new Obamacare insurance plan, that I selected, provides my testing supplies with a $15.00 copay, huge savings over the old plan!

When my Mother was in assisted living I noticed that when some of her pals developed dementia the blood sugar readings tended to normalize also, very strange!

I think we have just scratched the surface when it comes to understanding how the human body works.

I got my new meter today also!

The new Obamacare insurance plan, that I selected, provides my testing supplies with a $15.00 copay, huge savings over the old plan!

When my Mother was in assisted living I noticed that when some of her pals developed dementia the blood sugar readings tended to normalize also, very strange!

I think we have just scratched the surface when it comes to understanding how the human body works.

I'm at the end of a week of taking half of my diabetes meds, my blood sugars have been between 87 - 115. Blood Pressures 97-116/67-72. I've never been this NORMAL...kinda scary!:LOL:

I'm at the end of a week of taking half of my diabetes meds, my blood sugars have been between 87 - 115. Blood Pressures 97-116/67-72. I've never been this NORMAL...kinda scary!:LOL:

That is amazing!

I hope you can keep it going!

About the NORMAL thing, I wouldn't spread it around, it might be bad for your reputation! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I am continuing to work on finding a place for a weekend long family re union for my family this summer. It has had it's challenges. Trying to find a place, in July, to sleep 40 people that is affordable. The whole thing is giving me a headache.

I have to wait to watch Blacklist - TB gave up on it after the second episode because it was too gross....and now it is worse? :ROFLMAO: I can take it!

I saw the surgeon and the gallbladder is definitely coming out. I have to phone in the morning for my surgery date. In the meantime I have to really watch my diet. I ate a bit of wrong stuff and the pain got worse. He said that it is bad enough, he doesn't want the stones (yes there are stones, not just sludge as the ER doc told me) moving out.

The surgeon is nice enough, but kind of ticked me off because he focused on the fact I am overweight and he wants me to be careful after not to rip his stitches out. I said I don't move fast at the best of times and he told me he could prescribe a surgical girdle for afterwords. No thanks, I know how to be careful and I am not THAT overweight in my belly area.

Back
Top Bottom