What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday we went to Home Depot (similar to Lowes) for the safety bars. We left there and stopped at my step-daughters to drop off some chicken soup I made. Then we came home. Getting out of the car I reached down to pick up my purse and it wasn't there. I then realized I left it in the car at Home Depot. It's 2-3 miles from our house. We started back and DH said "It's gone. You're not getting it back." But being the honest person I am, I thought someone honest might have found it. I was right. They had it, and everything was still in it. I left the cart inside the store right next to the check-out. If I had left it in the cart out in the parking lot the results might have been different.

Addie, DH bought a shower chair at a flea market several years ago, even though neither of us needed it. It really came in handy after I had my heart surgery, at which time he also installed a new shower head that you can unhook and can be used as a hand held. He put a removable bar on the side of the tub, too. We still have all that stuff even though we don't use the chair or bar anymore. When I get out of the shower I have a habit of holding onto the towel bar, which would just come crashing down if I did slip. So these safety bars will be so much better!

My girlfriend's father in Atlanta is in his 90's and goes to work every day. He had body odor so bad that she was trying to stay out of his office as much as she could. He had stopped taking showers. I told her to get safety bars installed in his shower with a fold down seat. She did it the next day. Now he takes a shower every day. He no longer felt secure in the shower and was afraid of falling. And I know the feeling very well. I really needed something to hold onto as I step out of the tub. And there were no safety bars at that end of the tub. the fear of falling when you are all alone is a fear for every elderly person. :angel:

I've tried either CLR or Lime-Away. It works, but it also took the plating off some metal on the now-replaced tub spout. The vinegar works wonderfully if you aren't in a hurry, which I wasn't. And I make sure I rinse it out really good so I don't smell like a pickle. :LOL: Actually, I did end up with a taste for pickles! Luckily, we had a jar of Claussen in the fridge. :yum:

Really! :ermm::ohmy:Ice cream too? *snicker*:LOL::ROFLMAO:

I'm waiting for the email money transfer that I sent from an account at one bank to myself, so I can deposit it in an account at a different bank. This is supposed to be "instant". Yes, I've checked my spam folder.

It's 11pm and I'm waiting for Frank to come back home from Italy.
He still hasn't found a flat yet and don't want to stay in the hotel over the weekend, so he decided to come home again.
9h drive to be here until sunday noon... but I'm glad he's coming :wub:

It's 11pm and I'm waiting for Frank to come back home from Italy.
He still hasn't found a flat yet and don't want to stay in the hotel over the weekend, so he decided to come home again.
9h drive to be here until sunday noon... but I'm glad he's coming :wub:

Are you moving to Italy cara?

No, he's going alone.. :-(
He got a very good job there and that was his chance.
My Italian is as good as yours I think, so I won't be able to find a job, that's why I stay here..
I'll continue to learn that language and maybe some day I'll follow... or maybe he comes back, shortly before "death by powerpoint" ;o)

Last edited:
No, he's going alone.. :-(
He got a very good job there and that was his chance.
My Italian is as good as yours I think, so I won't be able to find a job, that's why I stay here..
I'll continue to learn that language and maybe some day I'll follow... or maybe he comes back, shortly before "death from powerpoint" ;o)

I know enough Italian to get my face slapped. LOL. We have very good friends in Mahlberg. He is from Follonica and has tried to teach me Italian. They go back there every year for a couple of weeks and we have gone with them several time. So far all I have learned is ordering a meal and asking where the bathroom is. :)

Mahlberg am Schwartzwald in Baden-Württemberg. Do you know where Europapark is in Rust? Mrs D is from Grafenhausen a couple of towns from Rust. Mahlberg is another couple of towns from there.

I'm writing a little poem about my precious Betta. I miss her, and I know she is just a fish, but to me she wasn't just a fish. She was a sweet soul who always watched me at the computer.

It sounds silly, but I'm writing about her and missing her and feeling very sad.

With love,
~Cat

Cat, what colour was your Beta? My last one was dark pink or magenta. I had never seen one like that before. And she wasn't just a fish she was your pet.

I am still busy crocheting my niece's scarf and watching Blue Bloods. Monkey is curled up on a blanket beside my chair. Once in awhile, she jumps up for a rub or to try and grab my yarn!

I am off to my appointment with the surgeon regarding my abdominal pain. I am really hoping something can be done. I am eating next to nothing, and when I do eat the smallest bit of fat I am in pain.[/QUO
I am sorry to hear of your pain. I will keep you in my prayers for comfort & peace during this difficult time.:angel::angel:

How did you get stuck with this chore? :angel:
We started it 4 years ago. We had a great place we used to use until they decided to close up. Want to keep the whole family together at least once a year for a fun long weekend. Once we get a place it's nice to re connect with everyone. It just seems to take a lot more this year to get it all together.:angel:

Mahlberg am Schwartzwald in Baden-Württemberg. Do you know where Europapark is in Rust? Mrs D is from Grafenhausen a couple of towns from Rust. Mahlberg is another couple of towns from there.

I thought it must be that one - the others are just small villages..
I know there is a Europa Park somewhere in the south in the Oberrhein-Region, but I have no idea where Rust is... :rolleyes:
hey, I'm from the North, you can ask me about Heide Park or Hansa Park ;o)

During my working days, I was sound asleep by ten p.m. and up at six a.m. without an alarm. I always had my clothes ready for the next day. I was out the door and on my way to my day. I had a set routine that I enjoyed.

Today I have no routine. No even one that is enough to tire me so that I sleep throughout the night. So here I sit at three a.m. wide awake and doing laundry. I miss my routine. I miss being able to go the whole day being active enough to really accomplish something, or finish a chore to completion without having to sit and stop several times.

Retirement sucks! I don't like it. I was never one to look forward to it. My plan was to work until I was 72 and then retire. I am not sure what the law is now, but at the time of my planning, they stopped taking SS out of your wages, and you could collect your SS check without penalties. So if I decided to take a temporary job after 72, there would be no penalties. I wanted to do volunteer work with the Boston Symphony and Boston Ballet when I finally retired. That way I would be able to attend all their performances for free. But I got hit with several serious health problems all at the same time. So much for my plans for retirement. Instead of going to the ballet, I was going to the operating room. Instead of listening to a symphony, I was hearing my instructions for my next surgery.

Back to my needlework. I am wide awake. :angel:

Addie,
it's always sad if plans don't work as you wanted, but unfortunately that's life...

Here in G it's already middle of the morning, Frank is under the shower (he arrived around half eleven the night) and then we have to see what we do...
maybe visit the market or any other nice things.
None of our friends is in town this weekend, must be some sort of travel weekend - so we will enjoy the time for us ;o)

Addie,
it's always sad if plans don't work as you wanted, but unfortunately that's life...

Here in G it's already middle of the morning, Frank is under the shower (he arrived around half eleven the night) and then we have to see what we do...
maybe visit the market or any other nice things.
None of our friends is in town this weekend, must be some sort of travel weekend - so we will enjoy the time for us ;o)

Cara, I really shouldn't complain. One of my most serious health problems was a very large ulcer on my leg. I had no circulation at all. Every doctor that looked at it the first words that came out of their mouth, is "This leg needs to be amputated immediately." They all knew that to solve the problem was to solve the circulation problem first. I finally smartened up and changed hospitals. Within two weeks of seeing my new doctor, the circulation problem was solved and my leg started to heal on its own. But they knew that it would be a months long process. So the plastic surgeon cleared her schedule and took me to the OR the next day and put a graft on it. Today I still have my leg. I told her all I wanted to do was to be able to dance five steps with my son at his wedding.

I danced with my son, the DJ, all male relatives, and any other male in the room. The next day I couldn't even move my leg. I spent the day in bed. The muscles were so sore. They hadn't been used for more than a year.

Every so often my leg will ache and my mantra is "I hate my leg, I hate my leg, I hate my leg. I still have my leg. Thank you God and Dr. Miller."

I may hate retirement, but I still have my leg. And I can run with it, dance and do a lot of things I couldn't when it was a wide open festering sore. :I love my leg! angel:

Back
Top Bottom