What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie,
you are right, you must make the best of it, it could always always get worse..
We are still alive and can live a good life - what more do we want?

I'm writing a little poem about my precious Betta. I miss her, and I know she is just a fish, but to me she wasn't just a fish. She was a sweet soul who always watched me at the computer.

It sounds silly, but I'm writing about her and missing her and feeling very sad.

With love,
~Cat

Nothing silly about it, Cat. Bettas are beautiful. They usually live 2 to 4 years. Most sold as pets are boys, the females don't have the lovely colors and elegant fins and tails. And two males can't share the same dwelling, that's why they're also known as Siamese Fighting fish.

I have some nice ground chuck that expires today, so will make up a big batch of chili.

Last edited:
I'm writing a little poem about my precious Betta. I miss her, and I know she is just a fish, but to me she wasn't just a fish. She was a sweet soul who always watched me at the computer.

It sounds silly, but I'm writing about her and missing her and feeling very sad.

With love,
~Cat

I'm sorry you lost your Betta, Cat. I hope you have a better day today.

Good day to stay indoors here today. Cold, cloudy and quite windy. A the moment I'm sitting on the sofa watching the birds enjoy the seed feeder and the suet cage. They're both very busy places. The birdies really LOVE the homemade suet I give them. I only have two cakes left. Looks like I'm going to have to make more soon if the weather continues to be this cold.

I just looked out the kitchen window and the feeder and suet cage there are both doing a brisk business, too.

Well this morning I ventured out in a blizzard to attend the Winter Antiques Show! I found this plate from the Queens Jubilee in 1887. I think it will end up hanging in the kitchen with the rest of my dusty treasures. I have been googling to find more information about the event. I'm always curious about how these things travel so far from home! It makes me think of an old movie called "The Yellow Rolls Royce" about the many lives of an automobile! It doesn't take much to amuse me! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

$%28KGrHqR,%21ngFJB-HrzQ7BSRcgGJcW%21%7E%7E60_57.JPG

What a great find! I would hang it where it can be seen as soon as you walk into the kitchen. I deserves a place of honor.

I didn't have the noon news on today, so I went to look out the window. We are having a really heavy snowfall. Today is "clean the kitchen" day. I am expecting The Pirate to come today. We always watch Downton Abby together. I have some chores for him to do also. :angel:

I just got back from the grocery store for our 'weekly' shopping. It was showing like mad and was very slippery. By the time I got home, there was about 4-5 inches of snow on the ground. there was supposed to be just a dusting where I live with nothing but rain in Boston.

Meanwhile, SO is out and about with her sister visiting their brother in the hospital. I'm concerned about her drive home.

I just got back from the store a little while ago, too.
I had to go into the animal hospital to pick up Pierce's script for the seizures he just started (as far as I know) having, so stopped at the store on my way home. I was just going to stop at the meat market, but they were closed for vacation, so I stopped at Giant Eagle and spent more than I intended.

I just got back from the grocery store for our 'weekly' shopping. It was showing like mad and was very slippery. By the time I got home, there was about 4-5 inches of snow on the ground. there was supposed to be just a dusting where I live with nothing but rain in Boston.

Meanwhile, SO is out and about with her sister visiting their brother in the hospital. I'm concerned about her drive home.

Andy, we are getting a really heavy snowfall just like you. No rain. If they are visiting a hospital in Boston, she is going to have a very slow drive home. The snow is coming down so hard, I can hardly see the houses across the street. :angel:

I just got back from the store a little while ago, too.
I had to go into the animal hospital to pick up Pierce's script for the seizures he just started (as far as I know) having, so stopped at the store on my way home. I was just going to stop at the meat market, but they were closed for vacation, so I stopped at Giant Eagle and spent more than I intended.

Yeah, I went out for butter, kleenex and Shrek's supplement last night and spent way more than I intended. I got a new pair of shoes out of it, though.

Went out to pick up the mail, we got about an inch of snow that covered up the ice. Gave a whole new meaning to slip sliding away. I'm gonna have to put on the Yak Traks, it's a real surprise with every step.

Please be careful out there!

I am going through cruise info - it looks like we are finally going to take the "plunge" this year. We are hoping to get something that is Vancouver to Vancouver so I don't have to deal with planes, hotels, etc. We can settle in our room for 7 to 10 days and relax.

We are looking at mid September, and so far the best choices are a 7 day to Alaska and a 10 day down the West Coast to San Francisco, LA and back.

This may or may not delay my going to the east coast this spring to see my nephew and his wife in Toronto and then go to Boston to research my family tree. Again, it has a lot to do with how well I will travel.

Anyway, the cruise research is exciting!

Sounds fun LP!

I'm considering if I should go for my walk before or after I shower...I wish the rehab gym was open on the weekends.

I am going through cruise info - it looks like we are finally going to take the "plunge" this year. We are hoping to get something that is Vancouver to Vancouver so I don't have to deal with planes, hotels, etc. We can settle in our room for 7 to 10 days and relax.

We are looking at mid September, and so far the best choices are a 7 day to Alaska and a 10 day down the West Coast to San Francisco, LA and back.

This may or may not delay my going to the east coast this spring to see my nephew and his wife in Toronto and then go to Boston to research my family tree. Again, it has a lot to do with how well I will travel.

Anyway, the cruise research is exciting!

Everyone I've talked to who's taken it has raved about the Alaska cruise.

Sounds fun LP!

I'm considering if I should go for my walk before or after I shower...I wish the rehab gym was open on the weekends.

Why don't you and Shrek come up to Vancouver and we can sneak you into our room - I have to have an outside cabin of fair size because of my claustrophobia and if we take the 10 day, the one we picked has a sofa bed in it - no one would notice a couple of ogres running around the ship! :LOL:

As for showering before or after your walk, I love to get my walk out of the way first thing, have a nice hot shower and then get ready for the day, even though it is half over by this time! :LOL:

Last edited:
Everyone I've talked to who's taken it has raved about the Alaska cruise.

I'm just worried about weather in the middle of September - cold, rainy and also rough seas. I don't get seasick, but strangely enough the vibrations bother my knee replacement quite seriously. I have had it on the ferries to Vancouver Island a few times.

Why don't you and Shrek come up to Vancouver and we can sneak you into our room - I have to have an outside cabin of fair size because of my claustrophobia and if we take the 10 day, the one we picked has a sofa bed in it - no one would notice a couple of ogres running around the ship! :LOL:

LOL!!! I bet they would notice us...depends on when you are going and if I can get the time off. My bosses are going to consider this a vacation for me...even though it is really sick time. I'll be on the bottom of the first choice vacation list.

Back
Top Bottom