What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you, somebunny. :) I've been reading here off and on to keep up, and it's good to be part of the DC community again. Hope you are well. :)

Canada post has certain post offices that are also passport offices. I went to ours last year when I had to renew mine. They go over the forms with you to make sure they are correct and send them in. Costs a bit extra. Unless this your first ever passport??
Yup, I haven't travelled since they made passports mandatory for cross border travel and I have never been outside North America. So this is my first passport. But we have a passport office quite close to us.

Nice! And what do you mean "left out and jealous"? Aren't you taking ALL of us with you? If not, why do you need a sitting room? :huh:
LOL, if you can sneak yourselves on the boat and don't mind sleeping on the couch, floor or balcony, you are all welcome to come. :angel:

LP, have a great time on your cruise, that sounds just wonderful. :) Fiona, happy belated birthday to your Shrek. :)
Cheryl, thanks. It is still a long ways away, but getting it booked today was very exciting. I am so glad you and your kitty are better. Being so sick and having a hurt furbaby are both difficult situations but to have to deal with them at the same time is rough. Big hugs to both of you.

.. I'm recovering from over 2 weeks of being so sick with the flu. Holy cow. Don't want to ever go through that again! :ohmy:

About the time I got sick, my poor little kitty, Blackee, was attacked in our own back yard by another cat. As he tried to retreat from the fight (he's almost 13 years old) he was bitten pretty bad in several places and had to have surgery. :(...
Sounds like both you and Blackee have had a rough time lately. Glad you're both feeling better.

Thank you LP and taxlady. Yes, this flu going around has been a nasty one, that's for sure. I've been taking it VERY easy, and my daughter has been helping to take care of me. She's amazing. I've finally started getting my appetite back and cooked a real meal yesterday. :)

I'm sorry I haven't been in here but my time with Mamma is becoming short. I've been recording her life story and typing it all out. I'm also working on DA's life story as well.

I'm sorry I wasn't here, and I still have very much to do with these stories and history. It's crucial to preserve these memories.

Carl and I broke up. He wanted more than I could give and we decided to just be friends. I wear his ring upon my right hand, as he said to. He still visits and he's a great friend to me. He was here tonight for dinner and he'll be back on Saturday. I'm not brokenhearted or devastated. I think he saw of my life and it perhaps was too much for him.

But he's a great friend, and I think it's best. Laki agreed also! There are no worries here.

With love,
~Cat

I'm sorry I haven't been in here but my time with Mamma is becoming short. I've been recording her life story and typing it all out. I'm also working on DA's life story as well.

I'm sorry I wasn't here, and I still have very much to do with these stories and history. It's crucial to preserve these memories.

Carl and I broke up. He wanted more than I could give and we decided to just be friends. I wear his ring upon my right hand, as he said to. He still visits and he's a great friend to me. He was here tonight for dinner and he'll be back on Saturday. I'm not brokenhearted or devastated. I think he saw of my life and it perhaps was too much for him.

But he's a great friend, and I think it's best. Laki agreed also! There are no worries here.

With love,
~Cat

It was a very hard decision to make but I gotta look at everything involved. I love Cat. That won't change but we're gonna go in different directions. She's my best friend and my buddy, and so I hope y'all aren't mad at me.

She brought this up, we talked, and I was pretty upset but Cat's common sense came in and she was right.

I won't abandon her, y'all. She's my best friend. It's just that right now our lives are real different and Cat has to do what she's gotta do and me too.

I love her, but I gotta let her go.

I'm sorry.

Carl

It was a very hard decision to make but I gotta look at everything involved. I love Cat. That won't change but we're gonna go in different directions. She's my best friend and my buddy, and so I hope y'all aren't mad at me.

She brought this up, we talked, and I was pretty upset but Cat's common sense came in and she was right.

I won't abandon her, y'all. She's my best friend. It's just that right now our lives are real different and Cat has to do what she's gotta do and me too.

I love her, but I gotta let her go.

I'm sorry.

Carl

You don't need to apologize. You and Cat come from two different worlds. And right now she has so much on her plate, that I wonder if she can do it all, like she wants it done. She is a wonderful girl, and if it was meant to be, it will happen. If not, you have met and treasured someone very special. :angel:

Hi everyone. :) It's almost 9:30PM here now and I should be in bed, as I'm recovering from over 2 weeks of being so sick with the flu. Holy cow. Don't want to ever go through that again! :ohmy:

About the time I got sick, my poor little kitty, Blackee, was attacked in our own back yard by another cat. As he tried to retreat from the fight (he's almost 13 years old) he was bitten pretty bad in several places and had to have surgery. :( I've been taking care of me and little furbaby at the same time, and now both of us are happy to be feeling well again. :)

Cheryl! Hugs and kisses for you and Blackee. The flu is nasty this year! Good to know you are on the mend!

Bundesliga (german soccer/Football) started again.. so there is Fussball on TV screen....
what you do for your loved ones.....

Yes, you did! Congratulations! When I was in the hospital a nurse told me that it's getting difficult to get hired without it!!

Happy Belated Birthday, Shrek!

At one time it was the hospitals that had nursing schools. It was a three year course.Today it is universities and colleges and it takes four years. More book learning, more diseases, more difficult surgeries, more difficult procedures. And the big one. More paper work and computer courses.

Any part of the medical field is more difficult to enter. To become a paramedic you have to go to EMS school first. That is basically learning first aid. Get a job as EMS and work for about one year. Then you can apply for paramedic school. That is any where of 18 months to 2.5 or 3 years. Then if you want to continue on to PA, you have to have so many years under your belt as an active paramedic and a BS or Masters degree. No wonder there is a shortage of nurses and doctors. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom