What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PF, tell us about this apple cider vinegar cocktail.

Yes please!

I picked up a carton of Ocean Spray clementines, oh, are they good! From Spain, but they're much better than the Cuties I've had.

I use Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar.

2 tsp cider vinegar
8 ounces filtered or distilled water
1-2 tsp local honey to taste of course.

I've figured out 1 gallon of water and 3/4 cup each of vinegar and honey.

Lemon juice can be added if you want or other fruit flavors.

Is local honey the same as just regular honey? Or is it like hard cider vs regular cider?

Taxy, I had no idea China produced "organic" foods. I'd shy away, too, if I was into organic products.

Is local honey the same as just regular honey? Or is it like hard cider vs regular cider?

Taxy, I had no idea China produced "organic" foods. I'd shy away, too, if I was into organic products.

Local Honey, is honey gathered in your area.

Local honey is produced in your local area. Some people like to get it because they buy local, like produce, but there's evidence that eating local honey can help treat hay fever and similar allergies because ingesting some every day sort of inoculates you. And it is usually less processed and tastes better.

Local honey is produced in your local area. Some people like to get it because they buy local, like produce, but there's evidence that eating local honey can help treat hay fever and similar allergies because ingesting some every day sort of inoculates you. And it is usually less processed and tastes better.

Very interesting! That would be a big plus.
In spite of all the hives in my area I don't know that anyone sells local honey. Maybe there is too much to go through for FDA approval or whatever is needed for jarred food.

Last edited:
In spite of all the hives in my area I don't know that anyone sells local honey. Maybe there is too much to go through for FDA approval or whatever is needed for jarred food.

I don't know if FDA approval is needed, local honey can usually bee found at local farmers markets.

Check locally owned grocers. They will have the honey. Or call the Apiary itself and see where they sell their honey.

lol, trust me, my town grocer is as local as it comes. If we had local honey, he would have it.
I'll stick to the local food I can wash. It just seems like there is a lot of leeway for contamination from eating honey that is gathered and jarred at a place beneath inspection.

I wouldn't worry about honey, it's naturally sterile. Even good for dressing wounds, it's considered antiseptic. We buy Yucatan honey in Mexico that's sold in recycled water bottles, it's excellent!

Last edited:
We did the health food store yesterday. Got more kalamata rolls and cheese for my midday snack. I should do this more often, not just when I am stuck at home.

Got more shelf ingredients to stash for making Thai curries and lots more of the broccoletta. That stuff is fantastic. They are printing out the kale salad recipe for me so I can make it at home. $8.99 a pound is a little steep

Princess would you share the kale salad recipe? Would
love to try it. I have Beautiful kale
in the garden.

Josie

We did the health food store yesterday. Got more kalamata rolls and cheese for my midday snack. I should do this more often, not just when I am stuck at home.

Got more shelf ingredients to stash for making Thai curries and lots more of the broccoletta. That stuff is fantastic. They are printing out the kale salad recipe for me so I can make it at home. $8.99 a pound is a little steep

Princess would you share the kale salad recipe? Would
love to try it. I have Beautiful kale
in the garden.

Josie

Yes, Josie. When I get the recipe i will share it. I'm headed back on Monday to pick it up and roll replacements:pig:.

You might need to look in some odd places to find it ;) We have a friend who has hives in his backyard. He sells the honey at a spa. I guess some people like to use it for a facial scrub lol

People can sell small amounts of home-produced goods without FDA approval. The exact regulations probably vary from state to state.

I am drinking hot lemon and honey (using medicinal Manuka honey), with a warm towel around my sore throat trying to get myself ready for my talk tomorrow at a workshop at the church. I have been practicing for a couple of weeks and all of a sudden the day before I get a cough and sore throat. I also have to be healthy for my surgery in just over a week.

I will not be sick, I will not be sick, I will not be sick.....

LP, I hope your throat is all fine for your talk. Maybe it's not scratchy from germs but from nerves. Even if you don't think you're nervous you just might be. Wow them and break a leg!

Back
Top Bottom