What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went and did the Save-A-Lot shopping and am done for the day. I had forgotten to get a Tyson pork sirloin roast, but lucked out at SAL. I found two packages of pork loin roasts marked down to $1.25 a pound. 4.5# all together for $5! I'll braise them both in beer in a little while so I have super tender pork for the freezer.

I use that for chop suey, BBQ and slices in gravy.

I am currently doing the happy dance (well, my version of it anyway). I still have some sniffles and a slight cough but none of it is productive and I have been given the green light for my surgery tomorrow. The surgeon could change his mind tomorrow if my symptoms change, but the clinic doctor signed off and didn't see that happening. He faxed his report to the surgeon's office immediately and by the time I got home they called to say it was a go!

Thanks to everyone for your positive thoughts and prayers. Now it is just getting everything ready for tomorrow and for the next few days. I will be home tomorrow, but won't be doing any cooking or cleaning for a bit so I want it all done now so TB can enjoy his week off....and wait on me hand and foot of course! :angel:

I went and did the Save-A-Lot shopping and am done for the day. I had forgotten to get a Tyson pork sirloin roast, but lucked out at SAL. I found two packages of pork loin roasts marked down to $1.25 a pound. 4.5# all together for $5! I'll braise them both in beer in a little while so I have super tender pork for the freezer.

I use that for chop suey, BBQ and slices in gravy.

Wow, Z, that is a great bargain. I like pork loin for so many uses.

I'm loving the Subaru commercials with The Barkleys. The Bud commercials were goood and the Doritos ad with the Time Machine was great!
Subaru? Barkleys? Must have been making a pit stop when that one ran.

I do remember another one that got me
Container_Heart.gif
: it was the Peanuts gang all coming out to gather on the field around Schroeder, who was playing the Star-Spangled Banner. No frills, no fancy trills, just plain, traditional style. Very nice.

I am currently doing the happy dance (well, my version of it anyway). I still have some sniffles and a slight cough but none of it is productive and I have been given the green light for my surgery tomorrow.....
I can skip a step for you! So happy you're getting fixed up, and so much sooner from your original posts about this problem. Good luck, I'll say a bunch of prayers for ya. Let us know you're ok as soon as your back online.

I can skip a step for you! So happy you're getting fixed up, and so much sooner from your original posts about this problem. Good luck, I'll say a bunch of prayers for ya. Let us know you're ok as soon as your back online.

Will do. I am coming home the same day and have my notebook/tablet by my chair where I will be recovering, so as soon as I am able to think straight, I will check in.

I know this won't do anything for my chronic pain and fatigue, but just to get one other discomfort out of the way will be a real relief. :)

Well that Super Bowl...wasn't. Denver should have been wearing Depends. :yuk: And to make it even worse, the commercials were generally bland. Although I did really like the Budweiser "Puppy Love" commercial with the puppy that kept going back home, the Pepsi one that turns NYC into a giant music experience, and Terry Bradshaw and the Geico camel had a couple funny exchanges during the pre-game portion.

I loved the puppy one! I had tears, for Azia was three years old when I took her from the pound for she was to be put away to sleep.

With love,
~Cat

Oh, I forgot we're on the "what are you doing" thread. Payday today, so I've already been to WalMart, got my money orders, prescriptions, and some groceries.

I've just finished putting those groceries away, and resting up for another round at the Save-A-Lot for the rest of my restocking.

The cupboards were bare!

I love the first of the year and I need all my meds. I got all of them on Saturday for $0.00...of course, it came out of my Flex Spending account, but it's nice to not have to hand the cash over. Now if I can just make it last till next week, I have a 3 month prescription due to be filled. My surgery hasn't sucked all the money out of the account, yet.

Subaru? Barkleys? Must have been making a pit stop when that one ran.

I do remember another one that got me
Container_Heart.gif
: it was the Peanuts gang all coming out to gather on the field around Schroeder, who was playing the Star-Spangled Banner. No frills, no fancy trills, just plain, traditional style. Very nice.

I liked the Peanut one, too! Here is a link to the Barkley's: Subaru Dog Tested. Dog Approved | Subaru of America

I have a whole stack of my old jeans that I'm hacking up. The seats with pockets will be used for totes and purses, and the legs are planned for lap quilts.

:LOL: I tried to explain the projects to DH, he was appalled. He thought I was making Daisey Dukes to wear! :LOL:

This was the post I meant to quote. I saw the pic of your purses. Really nice! Do you have any pics of the lap quilts?

Surgery time has changed. It will be tomorrow still, but later, at 11 am. I should be home mid to late afternoon! Next time you hear from me I will be minus a gallbladder! :clap:

Very nice, Dawg, and I love the little purse you made. Looking forward to seeing the lap quilt when you're done. I need to get a sewing machine. :)

Surgery time has changed. It will be tomorrow still, but later, at 11 am. I should be home mid to late afternoon! Next time you hear from me I will be minus a gallbladder! :clap:
Best wishes on your surgery, LB. Hoping you'll be up and around in no time. :)

My thoughts and prayers are going with you. Get some sleep tonight, you need the rest! Hugs!

Best wishes and thoughts, LP! Get rid of that nasty little gallbladder! {{{hugs}}}

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom