What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Surgery time has changed. It will be tomorrow still, but later, at 11 am. I should be home mid to late afternoon! Next time you hear from me I will be minus a gallbladder! :clap:

Gosh, I hope you will feel so very much better! I am thinking of you!

With love,
~Cat

Very nice, Dawg, and I love the little purse you made. Looking forward to seeing the lap quilt when you're done. I need to get a sewing machine. :)

I gave mine away. I got so tired of everyone asking me to fix this, hem that, catch these spots for me. Spike has it now. Let him do all the mending for the family. :angel:

Yesterday was grocery day. And it is also fill up the freezer month. Not one piece of meat in the freezer. So I was wrapping and wrapping. My hands are so cold from handling the cold meats. (Will they ever get warm again?) And I ran out of freezer bags and wrap right in the middle of all of it. I still have some meats to wrap up for the freezer.

I went overboard and bought a treat for myself. A very large filet of Wild Iceland Haddock. $9.99 per pound. Total cost? $18.00. Haddock is my all time favorite fish. I could eat it three times a day, seven days a week.

Evidently, DeMoula's must have had a bonus weekend. No mushrooms, and so many other items were missing from the shelves. They had flats everywhere with the help filling up the shelves as fast as they could. It made getting around the store with an electric cart difficult. Have to send Spike back tomorrow for the freezer bags and wrap. :angel:

Surgery time has changed. It will be tomorrow still, but later, at 11 am. I should be home mid to late afternoon! Next time you hear from me I will be minus a gallbladder! :clap:

"See you" when you get back.

Dawglover, I have so many jeans I've saved for a project like this. If I make the lap quilts, I'm planning on donating them to local nursing homes.

Very nice, Dawg, and I love the little purse you made. Looking forward to seeing the lap quilt when you're done. I need to get a sewing machine. :)

I've had mine set up at my sisters house this week to do mending. I've had it with me in my tiny apartment because I didn't know if the computerized machine would have been harmed by extended periods of sub zero temperatures in my storage unit. I have been researching making curtains and had no idea how many ways there were to make curtains. The biggest challenge was to decide the style. I have decided to do grommets and am now waiting for my sewing room to be completed:LOL:. The hickory engineered wood flooring starts to go down today and will take a week to lay. An engineered wood flooring is the only kind of wood flooring that can be used with radiant heated floors.

I gave mine away. I got so tired of everyone asking me to fix this, hem that, catch these spots for me. Spike has it now. Let him do all the mending for the family. :angel:

I will sometimes do mending for family members, but most of the time I tell them they are free to come over and use the sewing machine whenever they want to. Most of the time, they don't.

Nobody did anything in the last 12 hours :huh:

My new microwave came in yesterday. I'll be putting that up today.
It's a large under the cupboard style with lights and a fan. I already emptied out the spice cupboard so I had access to the screws and cord.
As I was doing that I wondered how the heck I ever put the old one up by myself :huh: I must be getting old :(

All I did was Eat, watch TV and sleep for a good part of that 12 hours!

I just got all huddled under blankets to warm up and am now having a hot flash...arrrrgh!!!

That's OK. I noticed the post count had dropped way off here for some reason again anyway.

I just got back in from snow blowing the drive. I should have put on my ski pants. My pants are soaked from the melting powder.

I've had mine set up at my sisters house this week to do mending. I've had it with me in my tiny apartment because I didn't know if the computerized machine would have been harmed by extended periods of sub zero temperatures in my storage unit. I have been researching making curtains and had no idea how many ways there were to make curtains. The biggest challenge was to decide the style. I have decided to do grommets and am now waiting for my sewing room to be completed:LOL:. The hickory engineered wood flooring starts to go down today and will take a week to lay. An engineered wood flooring is the only kind of wood flooring that can be used with radiant heated floors.
My sewing machine is on my sewing desk in my studio. However, it is the final "dumping place" for things I can't find a home for....including several sets of curtains that need hemming.

Yes, we are wanting to go with the radiant floor heating throughout as well, and can choose from the engineered hardwood for the main rooms and tile for bathrooms, kitchen, etc.

Hey, you're back, LPB!
How did it go? Or are you still in the hospital for a day or so?

I just finished mounting the microwave.
You know... there's a reason people replace "fitted" items, like under the counter appliances, with the same make and model. It's so all the holes line up! :mad:
They relocated the cord 2" over for some reason, so I had to drill another 1-1/2" hole up through the bottom of my cupboard. But it's up and running.

You can't even see where I snow blowed this morning. I'll bet we've got another 6". I'll have to clear the drive again for this afternoon.

Pac, always remember, no matter how old you get, there will always be someone older than you. Well, probably. LOL I wish they made the under the counter microwaves a little smaller. Our cabinet is a little too long for ours, and the microwave is closer to the range top than it should be. I have to be careful when using the back burners, which I rarely use anyway. I did not plan on having this microwave when I put in the cabinets. It's amazing how much you learn from your own mistakes.

Do you have the microwave wired direct, or do you have an outlet inside your cupboard. That's what we have.

I also notice that the posting has been light. I have been scouring the internet, looking for a busy forum to post in. Can't find any. I guess you have to get in there and get to know a few people before it can become interesting. I find forums that have 2 or 3 replies to each thread, many of which were started in 2010. I don't even care what the topic is. I just want someone to talk to.....

Last edited:
I just finished mounting the microwave.
You know... there's a reason people replace "fitted" items, like under the counter appliances, with the same make and model. It's so all the holes line up! :mad:
They relocated the cord 2" over for some reason, so I had to drill another 1-1/2" hole up through the bottom of my cupboard. But it's up and running.

We replaced our over the stove microwave a few months ago. The old one was the builders model when the condo was built and Whirlpool never offered them for sale to the public. We got a Kenmore convection one when they went on sale and not one hole lined up. The backing plate that bolts to the wall wasn't even close. I think manufacturers do this on purpose just to keep life interesting. :rolleyes:

I also notice that the posting has been light. I have been scouring the internet, looking for a busy forum to post in. Can't find any. I guess you have to get in there and get to know a few people before it can become interesting. I find forums that have 2 or 3 replies to each thread, many of which were started in 2010. I don't even care what the topic is. I just want someone to talk to.....

Yeah, can't wait until Andy gets back. He's like 1/6 of our regular posters :LOL:

And another thing I noticed with this microwave, besides the LED display being "thinner" looking, they relocated the light to the back of the unit. It used to be in the front of the bottom of the microwave, so it shown over the burners. Now I have one in the very back lighting up the very back of the stove where the clock is :huh:
If it wasn't a microwave I'd think I had it facing the wrong way :wacko:

RJ, I get having to re-drill one hole isn't so bad then.

Carol, are you on Facebook? They have a wonderful new feature, A Look Back. It shows a little individual movie of what folks have been doing the last few years since they joined Facebook. Really cool!

I was wondering what that was all about, my FB newsfeed is filled with friends' movies! :ohmy: :LOL:
I don't FB a whole lot, so I must have missed the memo. :ROFLMAO: Been enjoying watching them, though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom