What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just got home from minor shopping excursion and a meal out. We went to Canadian Tire and got a non-stick skillet, so I can try to make omelettes, a new shower head, and a largish spider, the "Asian skimmer", kitchen tool kind of spider.

I've always wanted to have a 'spider'. So is Canadian Tire like a Home Depot, or a Lowe's? I hope you're happy with your non stick skillet, Taxlady, and have fun with making omelettes. :)

I've always wanted to have a 'spider'. So is Canadian Tire like a Home Depot, or a Lowe's? I hope you're happy with your non stick skillet, Taxlady, and have fun with making omelettes. :)
Not familiar with Lowe's. A bit like Home Depot, but they have a lot of car stuff. Most of them do car maintenance and repairs. It started out as a tire store.

We just got home from minor shopping excursion and a meal out. We went to Canadian Tire and got a non-stick skillet, so I can try to make omelettes, a new shower head, and a largish spider, the "Asian skimmer", kitchen tool kind of spider.

Try making omelettes? You've never made an omelette?

I got my over-the-stove microwave because my kitchen is so small that my old microwave took up too much counter space. My light is somewhat in the middle between the front and back. I don't think it exhausts very well. I still set of the smoke-detector.

My son has a range hood exhaust that is vented to the outside. He is going to replace it with a microwave and wants DH to help him install it. I will have to go with him because I am the one who reads the directions anytime he puts something together. Honestly, I think he can't read very well or had poor reading comprehension. So I help him out. Most of the time it's something he's putting together for me anyway.

I hadn't seen any until today. If you want one click this: https://facebook.com/lookback/ while you are signed in to Facebook.

Ok. I have a Facebook account, but there is nothing in it. I never set up my profile. No pic, no messages, no friends, no nothing. When I clicked on the link all I got was this message.

Thank you, Carol

10 years ago people started using Facebook to connect with each other in a new way. Thanks for being a part of it.

I guess there was nothing there to make a video. After hearing about Cara's boozing video I think I'm glad! LOL

I think the fan (and now the light in my case) is a waste. I originally bought this kind because my stove is not vented and the lighting is terrible. The fan really didn't do much and the light was OK, but now like I mentioned it's location is useless.
If it wasn't for wanting the holes to line up I would have purchased a different under the counter model. As a matter of fact I don't know why I wasted my time rotating the blower motor when I'll probably never use it.

Try making omelettes? You've never made an omelette?
I've never made the French kind that is shown in the Julia Child video.

I make a simple version of an "omelette menagère" (French for homemaker's omelette). I don't bother folding. I have never made an American omelette.

I used to make very good omlettes, but I got lazy in my old age and am now very happy just adding the chopped veggies to my scrambled eggs. I don't like to order them out because they put cheese in them and I don't like cheese and eggs together. I could ask them to leave it out, but I always forget then I'm picking the cheese out.

I usually make a few/year just to stay in practice.
I never knew a woman who wasn't impressed with an omelet for breakfast. Just sayin'.

I just finished cleaning up some clutter. I have no idea what to do with some of the stuff I have, but I'm trying to get rid of what I don't use or think I'll use.
Do second hand shops buy this crap? I'm not one to have a yard sale, but I hate simply throwing away good crap.

I never knew a woman who wasn't impressed with an omelet for breakfast. Just sayin'.

I just finished cleaning up some clutter. I have no idea what to do with some of the stuff I have, but I'm trying to get rid of what I don't use or think I'll use.
Do second hand shops buy this crap? I'm not one to have a yard sale, but I hate simply throwing away good crap.

:LOL: Just a few times a year?

What kind of good crap are you talking about, Pac? We take just about everything to Goodwill that we can't recycle.

I don't think second hand shops buy anything. They take donations. Depending on how much you have and what condition it's in, you could place an ad for a box of flea market items for one total price, take all. It can't be very much, but people who sell at flea markets for a living will be interested if you have things they can sell at a profit.

Our neighborhood has a big yard sale every summer and we have participated a couple times. One time it was near the end of the day and my DH bargained with a guy who bought everything we had left, minus a couple expensive items my husband would not include. That was great. We didn't have to drag all that stuff back into the house.

Oh I don't know... crap, lol.
Old keyboards, monitors, a boatload of coloring pencils/markers/pastels, colored paper, cd rom games that probably won't work on the newer softwares, plus the hand controler thingy, an ancient external hard drive, clocks, pictures and knick knacks I'll never hang or set up... I've got a lot of stuff that's garbage to me, but probably worth something to someone. I've got a bunch of Budweiser stuff too, like fishing lures, miniature trucks, billard rack, box that looks like an old crate... I've got more stuff than I know what to do with. Anybody want an Atari? lol

Denon turntable, a bunch of albums, Denon cassette player, a bunch of cassettes, an old Pioneer 8-track player, a bunch of 8-tracks...

There are recycling places that take apart electronics. I don't think you'll make much money, maybe try Ebay or Craigslist? The Budweiser stuff would probably be worth something to those who collect it, I was shocked at how much the comic books and Tonka toys went for to collectors when I had Mom's auction.

Last edited:

Some "higher-end" second-hand shops take stuff on consignment, but not the kind of stuff you have. Habitat for Humanity and Goodwill take it and will give you a receipt for a tax donation.

Back
Top Bottom