What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, the fried chicken got me on Friday, as I was walking in the store, they were putting out a fresh batch. What nutcase put the deli by the entrance door to the store????

It was all I could do not to eat all eight pieces.
I reserved the two breasts for chimichitos later in the week.

I know, PF, our store has the deli just as you come in and the bakery beside it. Sheesh! You get one whiff of the fried or rotisserie chickens and you are done for. Then I see the salads and sides and I cave. It was good when I couldn't have them, but now I just have to "be careful".

I am watching figure skating from the Olympics. There are so many new events including team skating. I need a program to keep everything straight!

I am also getting the evil eye from Monkey as she believes it is her breakfast time. For some reason I thought I was head of the kitchen, but I guess I was wrong. :ermm::LOL:

I used to get a 4 pc and pig out, I'm down to a two piece with double coleslaw.

I do have to limit myself to every other week. One of my favorite meals.

I know, PF, our store has the deli just as you come in and the bakery beside it. Sheesh! You get one whiff of the fried or rotisserie chickens and you are done for. Then I see the salads and sides and I cave. It was good when I couldn't have them, but now I just have to "be careful".

I am watching figure skating from the Olympics. There are so many new events including team skating. I need a program to keep everything straight!

I am also getting the evil eye from Monkey as she believes it is her breakfast time. For some reason I thought I was head of the kitchen, but I guess I was wrong. :ermm::LOL:

My favorite store starts with the Deli and if you follow the natural progression of the store, the last thing you pass by is the scratch Bakery, they go 24 hours...you can always smell fresh bread and hot cookies.

I know, PF, our store has the deli just as you come in and the bakery beside it. Sheesh! You get one whiff of the fried or rotisserie chickens and you are done for. Then I see the salads and sides and I cave.

And that's exactly why they put it there. It's called marketing ;)

Don't know yet what's for dinner.

I have fed the "brats" and am still watching skating. TB just got up so I will probably have breakfast with him.

I seem to be on a schedule of two hours up and two hours asleep. I hope this ends soon!

I just shredded the twoleftover breasts for a later meal.
Most of the meat made it into the refrigerator.

I have fed the "brats" and am still watching skating. TB just got up so I will probably have breakfast with him.

I seem to be on a schedule of two hours up and two hours asleep. I hope this ends soon!

You may need something to help you sleep and get back to a regular schedule.

Yes, I took marketing - it's great to be able to spot all the tricks of the trade! :LOL:
And that's why the dairy case is at the back of the store. Most people buy some dairy. You have to walk all the way to the back of the store to get it and pass all that other stuff on the way, stuff that might tempt you.

I dug the starting-to-get-wrinkly, home- grown apples out of the fridge, cut them up and am making applesauce in the CP.

And that's why the dairy case is at the back of the store. Most people buy some dairy. You have to walk all the way to the back of the store to get it and pass all that other stuff on the way, stuff that might tempt you.

We have one supermarket in town that has a small dairy case up front with milk, butter and eggs in it, and next to a rolling rack of loaves of bread. It surprises me that they do that because usually they WANT you to walk all over the store.

We have one supermarket in town that has a small dairy case up front with milk, butter and eggs in it, and next to a rolling rack of loaves of bread. It surprises me that they do that because usually they WANT you to walk all over the store.
Maybe they figure if they are the only store that does that, they will "catch" the folks who just want to make a quick stop for a loaf of bread and something out of the dairy case.

The new Giant Eagle has a small "convenience section" as soon as you walk in. I usually go in through the pharmacy end of the store and am close to the main dairy aisle, but I walk across the front of the store and start in produce where I am used to, passing the small dairy and bread section along the way. Good concept, but what they need is an express aisle for people who don't like to use plastic for a $3 purchase :wacko:

Watching the Grammy tribute to the 50th year since the Beatles invasion! DH and I are ruining every song!

When I was rooting through my fabric cabinet looking for more jeans for projects, I came across a pair I'd embroidered when I must have been around 15. They weren't made long enough back then, so I'd attached a 3 inch band at the bottom from some other cannibalized pair. Made me smile to see all the embroidery!

Last edited:
I had a denim jacket I had put appliques and embroidered with pictures, etc. This was in High School, I have no idea what happened to it. A lot of things went missing during my divorce.

Back
Top Bottom