What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched that tonight too, Princess, and was also infuriated and in tears. SeaWorld needs to be shut down. :mad:

I don't think I can watch this. Along with with "The Cove". And don't even get me started on shark finning. :mad:

I have refused to go to marine parks that keep cetaceans captive for a very long time.

There is some good news. India has declared that cetaceans are non-human persons.

I have refused to go to marine parks that keep cetaceans captive for a very long time.

There is some good news. India has declared that cetaceans are non-human persons.

I saw that too. Interesting terminology.

I just shredded the twoleftover breasts for a later meal.
Most of the meat made it into the refrigerator.

Spike got us some KFC for Super Bowl. What was left over, I took off the bone and made the most amazing chicken salad. Some of the seasoning was on the meat that wasn't covered by the skin. So it was perfect for chicken salad. I also diced four stalks of celery and an onion, very fine. Absolute perfection. I may never reproduce it again.

Quite often I will buy day old pieces of the BBQ chicken for salad. Just not the same. I need to know those secret spices. :angel:

Spike got us some KFC for Super Bowl. What was left over, I took off the bone and made the most amazing chicken salad. Some of the seasoning was on the meat that wasn't covered by the skin. So it was perfect for chicken salad. I also diced four stalks of celery and an onion, very fine. Absolute perfection. I may never reproduce it again.

Quite often I will buy day old pieces of the BBQ chicken for salad. Just not the same. I need to know those secret spices. :angel:
The spices in this recipe may not be the exact blend that KFC uses, but they come awfully close: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/breaded-pork-loin-cutlets-85189.html#post1258210

Good idea, Addie.
I've got some celery to use up and need something to make sandwiches out of. What could be better than chicken salad.
I'll pull a frozen breast out of the freezer for the chimichitoes later this week.

I just finished a chicken salad sandwich on toast :yum:

Now I am waiting for a 2-day air Fedex pkg that was shipped on Thursday. If there was ever a waste of money, it is sellers who pay Fedex for 2-day shipping and hand them their package on Thursday. Sure, two business days, but regular shipping would have gotten it here the same time with the weekend...

I'm watching snowflakes fall.
Of course the weather radar shows no snow over my area, but I think they are mistaken. It's really coming down and has been for a couple hours.

I just deleted an email purportedly from Amazon, saying I was a winner, and to collect $1000, I would need to fill out a survey. I was #56/100. There were grammatical and spelling errors in the message, so I was sure it was a scam. I googled it, and indeed, Scam City. I feel bad for folks who got taken in.

I have lots to do today, and I'm avoiding most of them. I need to finish a baby blanket for a friend, I need to call my cell provider to query some charges and I need to do all the usual stuff before I head for work. BAH! I just want to veg out and play on here.

I've gotten Amazon scams before. They were order confirmations for an order I never placed showing a large total. The email was colored and layed out to look just like a real Amazon confirmation. I'm positive had I clicked on the email's Amazon link I would have been taken elsewhere or had something downloaded. Or maybe even had something asking me to confirm my cc#.
Amazon has a place on their site to report scam emails.

I've gotten Amazon scams before. They were order confirmations for an order I never placed showing a large total. The email was colored and layed out to look just like a real Amazon confirmation. I'm positive had I clicked on the email's Amazon link I would have been taken elsewhere or had something downloaded. Or maybe even had something asking me to confirm my cc#.
Amazon has a place on their site to report scam emails.

Good idea to report it, Pac. According to Amazon's spam website, everyone has been #56/100. The emails started being reported in January.

Another type of scam I used to get was emails from relatives with the same last name, which they never sent. The link in the emails, if clicked, would have taken me to some type of stock sale. I don't know if my address book was hacked, or if the relatives were hacked. Thankfully, I deleted all of them, and they've since stopped.

Carol, I'm not really tech savvy, but if your laptop is running wirelessly than your desktop is considered the "server"for your"home network". Someone else with more tech knowledge can probably jump in here to give us more info.

Oh and "what am I doing"? Wasn't feeing great today, so stayed home from work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom