What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A server is a computer running networking software that allows you to connect your computer with other computers and servers. There are at least four servers between your laptop and DC: your home network server; your internet service provider's server; the internet itself; and DC's server. Data you type and send to DC is transmitted via these servers.

There's much more to it, of course - specialized servers for different purposes, etc. :) Does this answer your question?

Good idea, Addie.
I've got some celery to use up and need something to make sandwiches out of. What could be better than chicken salad.
I'll pull a frozen breast out of the freezer for the chimichitoes later this week.

When I am at a loss for a sandwich, it is either egg or chicken salad. Cold cuts have lost their charm for the time being. Sometimes, if I have a tomato on hand, I will ring it out and add it also. :angel:

DH did some things and now I'm on the PC again, but I no longer have Firefox for some reason. I don't know what he did or what the problem was. Yesterday, when I made my stuffed cabbage rolls I tried to post pictures of them and kept getting an error message about the server so I just gave up. Then today when I tried to get online I couldn't and kept getting a similar error message.

It wasn't the waitstaff, PF. I had to serve the cabbage rolls myself. And they were delicious!

DH did some things and now I'm on the PC again, but I no longer have Firefox for some reason. I don't know what he did or what the problem was. Yesterday, when I made my stuffed cabbage rolls I tried to post pictures of them and kept getting an error message about the server so I just gave up. Then today when I tried to get online I couldn't and kept getting a similar error message.

It wasn't the waitstaff, PF. I had to serve the cabbage rolls myself. And they were delicious!

I think we need a couple guys in bow-ties to bring us our dessert.:)

So did I answer your question?

Rats! I wanted to see that. Should have set the PVR a week ago. :(

LP, LP! (waving) There's an encore Beatles presentation on Wednesday, CBS!!! Around 7:30 I think.

I'm going to watch it again!

Last edited:
And that's why the dairy case is at the back of the store. Most people buy some dairy. You have to walk all the way to the back of the store to get it and pass all that other stuff on the way, stuff that might tempt you.
I might be late to this party seeing as how I missed this thread last night :huh: but there is a NY based chain called "Stew Leonard's" that originally designed the store as a continuous maze...with dairy right before the end. It was nuts if all you wanted was that jug of milk, I suppose. Fortunately the one we go to on occasion (it's near the CT Penzeys, so it's a nice bonus stop) has passages between departments. If you know the shortcuts you're all good...and I know the shortcut to their bakery. They make the best bagels for a grocery store. Almost as good as the back-home place that has been around forever. We had a nice surprise when we were back home for Christmas, took the kids to West Side Market, and found out one of the bread stands there was also selling Bialy Bagels! Grabbed the last they had in the case...one. :(

e got some celery to use up and need something to make sandwiches out of. What could be better than chicken salad...
I've used the rotisserie chicken for a cranberry pecan chicken salad that Himself loves! Surprised me on that because it is a little sweet from the cranberries (I used dried). I figured he'd prefer the other one I've made - with almond slices and green grapes. Both, IMO, are yum!

I think we need a couple guys in bow-ties to bring us our dessert.
I think we should have a couple guys in bow-ties to BE our desserts. :ohmy: :yum: :LOL:

I'm waiting for the kielbasa (thanks to wonderful Himself doing the hunting/gathering...at the Polish grocer) and sauerkraut to get hot enough so I can start the pierogies. I think they'll be ready about the time I finish up at DC.

I'm also laughing on the inside. Himself is caught in a little Medicare web - that is partly my doing. Oops. You see, his first Medicare premium bill came in late October...but he left it on his "meh" pile, only to discover it the day before we left for OH at Christmas. I pay bills, so I wrote the check out first, then found out they also took credit card payments. Well rack up those cash back points! Anyway, forgot to note my bill receipt as being paid by Discover - it still showed the check as payment. Since we sent payment in late a new bill was waiting for us. I pulled out the receipt from December's payment, saw I paid by check (not), noted that the bank had not cashed said check...and sent a payment off to Medicare. A duplicate payment. He's double-paid for Nov. thru March, and now the bill for April through June shows up yesterday. For less money since it's 3 months instead of 4. His November birthdate messed everything up. When he called Medicare today to straighten it out...they could not verify his identity. :huh: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: We're headed to the Medicare Office tomorrow. I'm not expecting the same problem since he already HAS his Medicare in place. I just want that second payment credited back on Discover because I'm sure they'll mess up any credit we would have riding if they apply that duplicate payment to the current bill. At least we'll be halfway to the MA Penzeys. :)

I make Shrek do all his Medicare stuff. I am signed on as his spouse and POA so if I need to I can access his benefits, but he has to do things himself. Otherwise, I would be doing it for him and he would have no clue what was going on. I got my own Medicare woes at work to deal with.

I'm making beef stock.
That sounds so simple. :rolleyes:

A lot of the bones were from "that cow". They were huge. I tried to chop them with a bone cleaver, but they were just too thick. So, I am figuring they don't count as much by weight as if they were in smaller pieces. I put all the bones, carrots, onions, and celery in the oven to roast. I opened the oven door to flip stuff over and the smoke alarm went off and really startled me. I turned it off. Then when I was flipping stuff over, the upstairs smoke alarm went off. Stirling pulled the battery, 'cause that one doesn't have an off switch. Next time I wanted to flip stuff, the smoke alarm went off again. This is not increasing my Zen calm.

The next obstacle was that the Britta filter needed to be replaced. So I removed the old filter, washed the filter, and soaked the new filter. I needed nine litres (almost 10 quarts) of water for the stock. That took a while.

I was going to make schnitzel for supper. I didn't have enough dry bread for enough bread crumbs for the schnitzel. I was going to make Danish cream potatoes. The oven was roasting bones and vegis and much hotter than the cream potatoes need. That's when I decide to have nukable Indian for supper. I'm glad we had enough cooked rice in the fridge. Supper was good.

The stock is simmering and I'm on my second glass of akvavit. :ermm::LOL: Feeling much calmer now.

Back
Top Bottom