What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the USA, low flow is required by law.
Shower heads, sink faucets, toilets. Low flow all around. But someone taught me an end-around for the low flow toilet. IF you need more than that 1.6 gallons of water in the bowl to move things along, just hold the handle down when you flush until you hear the tank filling back up. That way you get the 1.6 gallons from the bowl AND the 1.6 gallons from the tank working together. Like the old 3+ gallon toilets. :whistling

Shower heads, sink faucets, toilets. Low flow all around. But someone taught me an end-around for the low flow toilet. IF you need more than that 1.6 gallons of water in the bowl to move things along, just hold the handle down when you flush until you hear the tank filling back up. That way you get the 1.6 gallons from the bowl AND the 1.6 gallons from the tank working together. Like the old 3+ gallon toilets. :whistling

We've had a low flow/highboy toilet since the great mixer incident on '11. It does as good a job as the old lowboy we had.

Next time I need to put in a toilet, I want a dual flush toilet. I first saw them in Denmark in the 1950s when visiting as a little kid. I thought it was a neat idea then and haven't changed my mind.

So it turns out I am allergic to surgical steel and hospital tape! And I had plenty of it in and on my body the past two weeks which was not helping my situation. My family doctor removed all the staples and used steri-strips. She also checked all the boils left by the tape and gave me some cream. By the time we drove the hour trip home, I was feeling 100% better!

So my strange list of allergies is getting longer - it includes Benedryl, which is used to fight allergies and caffeine (gives me migraines) which is used in pain medicines including migraine relief.

So, while I am resting I am filling out a little health book I got for Dad but never got to use. It has all your health information including allergies, medications, surgeries, etc. Everything you get asked wherever you go. I will be prepared but I am really hoping above all hope there won't be a next time where I will have to use it.

We've had a low flow/highboy toilet since the great mixer incident on '11. It does as good a job as the old lowboy we had.

Andy I remember reading an article about Americans flocking to Canada before they had low flow toilets ,and buying the old style ones. They would be stopped at the border and the toilet confiscated. It also mentioned that scrap yards were supposed to smash the old style ones beyond use. And they couldn't resell them.

The old style worked just fine. The scrap yards did start to smash them, until they had folks coming to in to try and buy one. A lot of smart scrap yard owners realized when a fast buck could be made and stopped breaking the old one. They even started to hide them in locked warehouses away from the eyes of the authorities.

It takes two flushes to completely empty the bowl. Where is the saving of water in that? :angel:

...It takes two flushes to completely empty the bowl. Where is the saving of water in that? :angel:

Addie, the point of my earlier post is that it does not take two flushes. The early models of low flows were not very good. The manufacturers went back to the drawing boards and refined the design. They now work as well as or better than the old style. In over two years of daily use, I don't think I've ever had to flush twice. Actually, that's better performance than the old style we have in our other bathroom.

So it turns out I am allergic to surgical steel and hospital tape! And I had plenty of it in and on my body the past two weeks which was not helping my situation. My family doctor removed all the staples and used steri-strips. She also checked all the boils left by the tape and gave me some cream. By the time we drove the hour trip home, I was feeling 100% better!

So my strange list of allergies is getting longer - it includes Benedryl, which is used to fight allergies and caffeine (gives me migraines) which is used in pain medicines including migraine relief.

So, while I am resting I am filling out a little health book I got for Dad but never got to use. It has all your health information including allergies, medications, surgeries, etc. Everything you get asked wherever you go. I will be prepared but I am really hoping above all hope there won't be a next time where I will have to use it.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Laurie! Jeez, things just get more complicated :mad:

I have something similar to that book, but it's a file I keep on my PC, as well as a printout in my purse and DH has a copy. I update it before any medical appointments and take it with me. It also includes a list of my doctors and diagnoses and DH's name and phone number as the emergency contact.

Take care of yourself.

Addie, the point of my earlier post is that it does not take two flushes. The early models of low flows were not very good. The manufacturers went back to the drawing boards and refined the design. They now work as well as or better than the old style. In over two years of daily use, I don't think I've ever had to flush twice. Actually, that's better performance than the old style we have in our other bathroom.

My bad! I misunderstood. The toilets here in this building have all the mechanicals non-accessible. But the flush is so strong, you don't want to be seated on the bowl when you flush it. It will suck you right down the drain. They must be the newer ones. :angel:

So it turns out I am allergic to surgical steel and hospital tape!...So my strange list of allergies is getting longer - it includes Benedryl, which is used to fight allergies and caffeine (gives me migraines) which is used in pain medicines including migraine relief.

Well aren't you special! Poor Poor LP. I hope you don't run out of space for those allergies - sounds like you might need more pages. :(

Don't get me wrong guys! I am feeling better than I have for awhile now. I am anaemic and have the allergy rashes, but aside from taking naps I am doing a few small things around the house like feeding the furkids.

I want to go to Costco with TB but he is suggesting dropping me off for a haircut and wait for him at Starbucks instead. Hey, I am not going to turn down a little pampering! :innocent:

Glad you found out about those allergies Laurie.

I'm reading documentation before installing TrueCrypt. It puts an encrypted "volume" on a computer. I do this for the security of my clients' data. I have used it before, but haven't installed it in over three years. It's kinda geeky and I seem to remember it doesn't just install with a wizard, like most Windows software.

So, I am plodding through far more information than I want at this point. I know it's got really good encryption. I understand about deniability and don't really care. I don't think my life is in danger if someone finds out that I have an encrypted volume on my computer. Etc., etc.

I'm really pleased how they turned out!View attachment 20793

3 purses, 2 blankets. The second blanket isn't in there.

Very nice!!!

I've been raiding all the guys closets for old jeans. Ok, even my own.Sparingly of course.

Here's another idea for ya. I'm in the middle of making a few for myself. Instead of a full jean on look,I'm also lining the insides with old silk blouses some have beautiful printed designs.That a friend had given to me she was going to toss them out. Oh no!!!! Bad idea.Is she crazy? I snatched them up to make inside pockets I'll probably switch the designs around as I go.Make a few dressy.Button up.keeping it casual to.

What jeans material I don't use will be made into new pot holders.

Munky.

How to Make a Vest From Old Blue Jeans | eHow

Very nice!!!

I've been raiding all the guys closets for old jeans. Ok, even my own.Sparingly of course.

Here's another idea for ya. I'm in the middle of making a few for myself. Instead of a full jean on look,I'm also lining the insides with old silk blouses some have beautiful printed designs.That a friend had given to me she was going to toss them out. Oh no!!!! Bad idea.Is she crazy? I snatched them up to make inside pockets I'll probably switch the designs around as I go.Make a few dressy.Button up.keeping it casual to.

What jeans material I don't use will be made into new pot holders.

Munky.

How to Make a Vest From Old Blue Jeans | eHow

Awww, thanks Munky! Great idea to use the silk shirts as liners! Had I thought of it earlier, I would have used old shirts with pockets as liners too. Stitched up the button fronts and sewn them in.

These are so easy to make, no pattern needed. I've made potholders from the seams I trimmed from the legs.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Laurie! Jeez, things just get more complicated :mad:

I have something similar to that book, but it's a file I keep on my PC, as well as a printout in my purse and DH has a copy. I update it before any medical appointments and take it with me. It also includes a list of my doctors and diagnoses and DH's name and phone number as the emergency contact.

Take care of yourself.

I have all that, my Advanced Directives and a copy of my Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care on a flash drive that is updated at every opportunity. It is a key fob and always with me, Shrek has one, too! The program is on the drive, so it can be read on any computer with a USB port. Oh they have the new 3.0: Medical History Bracelet » CARE Medical History Keychain with 3.0 e-Manager Software

Glad you found out about those allergies Laurie.

I'm reading documentation before installing TrueCrypt. It puts an encrypted "volume" on a computer. I do this for the security of my clients' data. I have used it before, but haven't installed it in over three years. It's kinda geeky and I seem to remember it doesn't just install with a wizard, like most Windows software.

So, I am plodding through far more information than I want at this point. I know it's got really good encryption. I understand about deniability and don't really care. I don't think my life is in danger if someone finds out that I have an encrypted volume on my computer. Etc., etc.
Plodding done for now. I was wrong, it installs with a wizard. Yay! It is now installed and I have an encrypted volume for client data on my laptop, already had one on the desktop 'puter.

I'm getting ready for my procedure tomorrow to get this lump out.

I'll be happy when this is over.

With love,
~Cat

Thoughts and prayers with you, Cat! It won't be fun, but hopefully you'll find out what's going on! {{{{Cat}}}}

Well aren't you special! Poor Poor LP....

Don't get me wrong guys! I am feeling better than I have for awhile now....
Oh No No NO! I meant no harm! :ohmy: I'm sorry if I made it sound like you were complaining. Apparently, how it sounded in my head didn't quite make it to my fingers. :ermm: I meant what more can go wrong for you? You've had more than your share of medical issues. I am so mortified and sorry. :flowers:

I'm glad you feel better. Honest. Just don't go finding something else that is going to be a problem. You know, that "more than your share" thing.

I have all that, my Advanced Directives and a copy of my Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care on a flash drive that is updated at every opportunity. It is a key fob and always with me, Shrek has one, too! The program is on the drive, so it can be read on any computer with a USB port. Oh they have the new 3.0: Medical History Bracelet » CARE Medical History Keychain with 3.0 e-Manager Software

I wonder if this is supported in Canada. I think I will ask my paramedic friend. This is great. I used to have a medicalert bracelet, but this is so much more!
Thanks, Princess!

Back
Top Bottom