What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm binging...on knitting slippers. Right now I'm satisfying my urge to knit by binging on several pairs of these: How to Knit Slippers - Easy Knit Slippers

Slippers are a perfect way to use up a bunch of odds and ends of yarn (in the "fiber world," she who dies with the most yarn, wins. I am definitely in contention for that
"honor.") Any way, I like to keep slippers of various sizes in a basket at the back door so folks can slip them on in the winter when they come to visit. This all started when I brought back my mom's knitting stash and found a pattern for slippers she used to make on an index card (you all know that pattern--the one your grandma/aunt knit you for Christmas with the pom-pom on it and the "hole" in the middle of the toe where the yarn was drawn tight to form the slipper). I have made several pairs of those in different sizes (not everyone wears the same size I do) (some pairs have gone home with visitors--oh, my grandma used to make these, can I keep them?). I have a pattern for "pigheaded" ones, I think I'll work up some of those next...

As in pig head slippers??? Cool!!! Love pigs.

Hi! Everything went well, except I threw up a LOT after waking up but there was nothing to come up. I was so dizzy and I felt very frightened, but I was given a shot and it cleared up very well.

The lump was just a harmless cyst. The surgeon said she's seen hundreds of these and they are nothing to worry about, but it will be checked anyway, for it is a standard procedure.

Laurie, you did it and I did too! I knew there was just something I had to see here last night. Perhaps it is why they called very late, yes?

And thank you all for your hands and thoughts! I do love you people! I'm sorry I didn't feel like posting yet and I hope no one was worried. The Ogress probably knew I was tired today.

DA insisted upon going and wouldn't let them say no to her when they told her I was a little bit sick. She went in my room anyway! And I'm so nauseated, there she is hearing all this and saying, "Oh God! What's wrong? What's happening?!" She can't see this, so it was a mess! Gwen and a nurse were trying to get her away. She stayed. She is SO stubborn!

When everything calmed down, I did apologize to the nurses. They were very nice about it, and they said she was tough little lady and they did rather admire her for her stubbornness. Poor DA, she can't see, she hears this...I felt so very sorry for her. I kept yelling that I was fine in between the "dry heaves," as one nurse said I had but she was so scared.

DA and Gwen spoiled me all day. Gwen is spending the night and Carl visited briefly this afternoon but he didn't stay long because he knew I'm a little sore. I don't have much of a scar at all! I only have 3 tiny little stitches. I did show this to Carl, but don't get mad, I didn't show him my breast, just the top with the scar. He has to marry me before he gets to see the rest of it.

They gave me more painkillers, an anti-inflammatory medicine, and since the procedure was all paid for and had no extra expenses except for the shot, I paid for the shot of my money and Gwen brought us home.

I'm sore but very, very happy. Now this is behind me. Mamma and Papa were crazy with worry but I called Mamma as soon as I got home and fixed all that mess.

I learned something of this: The next time I need a little tiny surgery, I'll duct-tape DA to the piano, leave Gwen with her, and get Carl to take me.

With love,
~Cat

So glad you did okay with the surgery, getting sick from the anesthesia is normal. I am also happy that it was just a cyst and nothing bad like we thought it might be. Lots of hugs and take it easy for a couple days.

Cat, what a relief! Hugs to you!

Thanks guys, Las Vegas was never on my bucket list, but we'll already be there anyway, may as well make the best of it. We have friends who go all the time, but all they do is gamble and they don't really pay much attention to anything else. We don't gamble, and we're not into shopping. I did notice the Bellagio has a big aquarium, so I may pack our masks, fins, and snorkels. Oh wait, they won't allow us to swim in it. Bummer. Oh well, it should be an experience!

Shrek says see as many shows as you can afford.:) He means like Leno, any singers, etc.

Thank you all!

I'm just tired. My stuff didn't hurt too much. I did manage to make a nice dinner but now it really hurts. What is this? Every time I move my arm, this hurts now! Uckkk!

I don't like these painkillers but I had to take one.

With love,
~Cat

I know you don't like them, but you take them so you can move. Not being in pain is the best help to healing. I mean it, don't make me go all Ogre on you!!! Get some sleep.

Shrek says see as many shows as you can afford.:) He means like Leno, any singers, etc.

Thanks PF and Shrek! Of course, Penn and Teller are on my list. Other possibilities are Leno, Blue Man Group, Wayne Newton of course, and Absinthe, the musical. I'm annoyed that I didn't book the flight plus hotel that included free show tickets, but we were still debating about the hotel. We have to stay in Utah for the graduation, so it wouldn't have worked out anyway.

Thank you all!

I'm just tired. My stuff didn't hurt too much. I did manage to make a nice dinner but now it really hurts. What is this? Every time I move my arm, this hurts now! Uckkk!

I don't like these painkillers but I had to take one.

With love,
~Cat

Cat, I am glad it went well. Don't rush yourself - even if it was a small cyst, it is in a sensitive area and will hurt. I don't know what they gave you, but take it if you need to. Maybe by tomorrow you can just take some Tylenol or Advil.

I know you have to look after your aunt, but you have to look after you too.

:flowers::heart:

I did my first "regular day" today, doing a load of laundry (I usually do three), the dishwasher and hand washes, got the mail, fed the furkids, cleaned the litter box, made dinner and made TB's lunch for tomorrow. But, mind you that was over the whole day with lots of rests in between tasks.

I am tired, but not any more sore than normal. So, a very good day indeed. :)

Cat, I am glad it went well. Don't rush yourself - even if it was a small cyst, it is in a sensitive area and will hurt. I don't know what they gave you, but take it if you need to. Maybe by tomorrow you can just take some Tylenol or Advil.

I know you have to look after your aunt, but you have to look after you too.

:flowers::heart:

I understand, Laurie. I took one just a few minutes ago to help with sleep. It does do away with much of the discomfort, but I am feeling very odd again.

Your post made me feel so positive and everyone offering hands to me sent me away to this with a knowlege (spelling?) of love, kindness, and as you, this sharing.

I do love my DC and my precious, wonderful friends here. I wish so very much of the best of life to all of you.

Laurie, you are inspiring and precious. Thank you for being here!

And all of you from A to Z, I thank you also!:flowers::flowers:

Love, Catina

Thanks Carol! We're staying at the Bellagio. Looks like there's lots of things to do and great places to eat!

Dawg, there is a ton of stuff to do and see in Vegas outside of gambling and shopping. When I was there in October, I never put one nickel in a machine.
lol! The Bellagio has a conservatory and botanical gardens that are a must see.
When we were there a few years ago there was a butterfly habitat that you could actually go inside to get a real "birds eye" view of the beautiful creatures. Another neat place to go is Freemont Street the old town part of LV.
Lots of people watching and street artists and vendors and really reasonably priced buffets in some of the old time hotels. You can take the shuttle bus called The Deuce (taxis are extremely expensive and the Bellagio is at the other end of town) the ride is an experience on its own. Lol! For food, I always recommend Pampas Brazilian Steakhouse if you are meat lovers. But don't pay full price there are 1/2 price discount coupons available. We got ours when we purchased show tickets at Tix4Tonite.

Dawg, there is a ton of stuff to do and see in Vegas outside of gambling and shopping. When I was there in October, I never put one nickel in a machine.
lol! The Bellagio has a conservatory and botanical gardens that are a must see.
When we were there a few years ago there was a butterfly habitat that you could actually go inside to get a real "birds eye" view of the beautiful creatures. Another neat place to go is Freemont Street the old town part of LV.
Lots of people watching and street artists and vendors and really reasonably priced buffets in some of the old time hotels. You can take the shuttle bus called The Deuce (taxis are extremely expensive and the Bellagio is at the other end of town) the ride is an experience on its own. Lol! For food, I always recommend Pampas Brazilian Steakhouse if you are meat lovers. But don't pay full price there are 1/2 price discount coupons available. We got ours when we purchased show tickets at Tix4Tonite.

Great info, Bunny, thanks!

One year when I was in Vegas there was a great restaurant called The Wagon Wheel that served all you can eat ribs and crab legs for not very much money, 12 bucks maybe.
The following year they were no longer open.
I always felt bad about that. I just know my buddies and I had something to do with that... :pig:

I am beaming with pride! Both our ladies' curling and hockey teams won gold today!

I feel bad for the American hockey team though. They really gave it their all and lead for most of the game.

Next I need to get going on my first venture out in the van by myself since before my surgery. I just need to pick up a few groceries and pet supplies. Violet won't let me back in the house without her dental chew sticks and Monkey "needs" some new catnip mice. :LOL:

congrats to the canadian women's hockey team for their gold medal win over our u.s. team at sochi!! both teams played hard and well, with a lot of heart. i saw the happy beaming faces of the canadian girls, as well as the deep disappointment among the american girls, as they waited to receive their olympic gold and silver medals. what an exciting game that was to watch! these teams represent some of the finest women athletes in the world, yet i've not seen a women's hockey game since the last olympic games. let's hope that these sochi games serve to promote an increased interest in women's sports going forward, and ice hockey in particular.

Kudos to the Canadian woman. The US team was up by to goals with 4 minutes to play and the Canadians fought back to win. The US team let one get away!

Vit, NHL hockey is having a tough time gaining popularity. I'm afraid the chances for woman's hockey aren't very good.

Cat, I'm glad to hear that it was a "harmless cyst." Now you can relax. When I had my biopsy done I was awake with just a local anesthetic. I talked to the doctor and his nurse the whole time. Mine was also harmless but it's always better to get these things checked.

Ditto here Cat. The nausea is from the anesthetic. A very common reaction. I get the dry heaves all the time. I get them so often, I don't even mind them anymore. All I do is drool when I get them.

I am so glad that you are all right. Can't have our little Kitten sick with worry. I think I feel sorrier for DA than I do you. She had no idea of what was going on. And the nurse was right. She is one tough old lady. God Bless Her. I don't know who the lucky one is. You or her.

:flowers::flowers: (Since I can't send the real thing.) Take care of yourself. In a couple of days you won't even know you had surgery. :angel:

I am beaming with pride! Both our ladies' curling and hockey teams won gold today!

I feel bad for the American hockey team though. They really gave it their all and lead for most of the game.

Next I need to get going on my first venture out in the van by myself since before my surgery. I just need to pick up a few groceries and pet supplies. Violet won't let me back in the house without her dental chew sticks and Monkey "needs" some new catnip mice. :LOL:

Drive carefully and don't overdo it. Don't buy more than you can carry into the house. We do worry about you. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom