What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm doing soup today too. Its french onion here though. I made a pile of Bolas's onion goop and I'll do the beef stock today. I have some bones in the freezer that should make some lovely soup.

Got a big bag of onions at Costco yesterday, so I'm making a batch of Bolas' onion goop too. Thanks for the reminder, Alix!

Hoping all who have fallen are OK, it's really treacherous. After having broken a wrist and an ankle from ice falls, I too just tish along when it's this icy.

Last edited:
SO has a broken shoulder. Actually the break is on the ball at the top end of her humerus where it fits into the shoulder socket. The break is at the outer side of the ball so it doesn't interfere with the socket. Doc said 3-6 months of discomfort and PT in 6 weeks. She's in sling with a fresh supply of Vicodin.

SO has a broken shoulder. Actually the break is on the ball at the top end of her humerus where it fits into the shoulder socket. The break is at the outer side of the ball so it doesn't interfere with the socket. Doc said 3-6 months of discomfort and PT in 6 weeks. She's in sling with a fresh supply of Vicodin.
Ouch! Kinda makes my day rather insignificant...I was just going to post something rather mundane.......

Gah! Well that totally sux. Heal quickly, SO of Andy!

My real concern is the weather. Who's going to shovel if we get another storm?

I was going to ask if she can still dust and push a sweeper :LOL:

Sorry to hear about the break. At least it's after your guys' vacation.

Well that sucks. Right arm, left arm? More importantly, is it the shoulder for her dominant hand? If so, please tell me you won't have to brush her teeth or help with other, um, less genteel, hygiene functions. :ermm::ermm: Hope she has better living through chemistry until she's all healed up.

SO had a fall last night and injured her shoulder. I know it's bad because she called the Dr. for an appointment and called in sick to work. I'll take her to see the Dr. @ 1:30. I hope she didn't do any serious damage that requires surgery.

Oh no!! Good thoughts!!!

I had a fall Saturday. I'm lucky I didn't rip a finger or two off, as I grabbed for a low privacy type wood fence as I was going down. Fortunately I hit the ground before my fingers could wedge in the V. I hate winter. This morning the light dusting was just enough to cover and hide the thick ice areas left over from last week's thaw. I've been learning to tap dance most of the day.

Soup. It might be what's for dinner... if I get out. I haven't made chicken soup in a while and I'm due.

I could have used ice skates this morning when I took out the trash and recycle. We shovel a path through the snow from the sidewalk out front across the yard to the deck in back so we can take out the trash. That path is a sheet of ice. I'm lucky I didn't hit the deck. I was walking like a 99 year-old man, taking 3 inch steps.

Yak-Trax! You guys need Yak-Traks! Shrek wears them when he goes out on the ice, so do I!

Andy, when I had heart surgery, the doctor told me I wasn't allowed to run the sweeper. He didn't say for how long. That was in 2008, and DH is still running the sweeper. Don't let her pull that one on you! LOL

Hope the Vicodin does the trick!

OUCH! My sympathy to her!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom