What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now Carol, we both know his grandson could outrun him any day. :angel:

That's the idea! Andy will get lots of exercise trying to keep up! Isn't it weird how kids can run and jump around for hours. Then when we become adults it becomes "exercise" that we must work at.

Our spare bedroom is filled with old computers and parts of old computers. It won't get cleared out until I feel like hauling all that crap to the city electronic recycling depot.

Our spare bedroom is also filled with old computers, but DH goes in there and tinkers with them. It's his play room. LOL

Here they have to give me the entire prescription except the PD. The optometrist explained that that was taken when dispensing Rx glasses. If someone takes their 'script to an optician, the optician measures it.

When both Rob and I had our eyes tested, I wasn't happy with how he was assisted at the eye doctor by the staff (the doctor himself was fantastic) so I took my scrip and went to Sears optical, they gave me my PD, so now I have it all.

Rob is a -13 and can't see what he looks like in different frames, and not every frame will work, they were giving us little info and being pretty much useless. We won't be going back there.

I walked into Sears optical and the service couldn't have been better. The Lady grabbed frames, placed them on my face and said "these are the ones", they were the ones that I ended up buying, Lol. My insurance covered all but $50.

I'm definitely going to try Zenni.

Our spare bedroom is filled with old computers and parts of old computers. It won't get cleared out until I feel like hauling all that crap to the city electronic recycling depot.

I'll be getting rid of some of that crap this week. Probably tomorrow.
My township building is having an electronics turn in thing going on. I'll be getting rid of two towers, three monitors, 3-4 keyboards and a bunch of mice :)

Dawg retired? When did I miss that news? I wondered why she had been posting so much during the day.

Our spare bedroom is also filled with old computers, but DH goes in there and tinkers with them. It's his play room. LOL
That's part of the problem. Some of it is still useful and some isn't. I don't know which. I have taken stuff to electronic recycling several times, but it just keeps filling up again. :rolleyes:

When we lived in our old house we had a home office which housed each of our computer desks (both of us had two computers hooked to one monitor, keyboard and mouse and TB had a separate set for repairing other people's computers.

We also had a "wall" of computers on the other side of the wall from the office right in the living room and front entrance. It was piled high with old equipment of every kind that he "just might need a part from someday". When we were moving out after buying this place (and we had sold the business), I said the whole pile had to go to the recyclers. It took him and his brother 3 trips with two vehicles to cart it all away. He has collected a much smaller pile in the 7 years we have been here and it is all in his office. He even gave some away recently - I was so proud! ;)

I am nursing what I think is the flu. I am still anemic and the weather has been cold and snowy (it has finally stopped) so I am not surprised. If I am not around, don't worry, I am probably resting.

Yes, I know, things were going so well with my health. They still are - this is just the flu and will go away, and I don't have a ton of pain and other symptoms to worry about on top of it.

...Isn't it weird how kids can run and jump around for hours. Then when we become adults it becomes "exercise" that we must work at.
And we look for the nearest-in parking space whether we're at the mall, the grocery store...or the fitness club, where people pay good money to walk the track or treadmill! :LOL: I don't need a fitness club - my memory has gotten so cluttered that I'm always retracing my steps to find things or going up and down the steps to get stuff from the basement or 2nd floor that I forgot I needed when I was ON that level of the house! :ermm:

LP, hope you get over that flu really quick.

When Himself worked he would bring old computers home. Our basement was full. I said he was the Rescue Society for those things. He's cleaned out almost all the ancient equipment since, thank goodness.

The sauce for tonight's dinner has nothing to do but simmer now.
And of course Vikings has been on. I can do without all the commercials for the upcoming season, but it is what it is.

I am nursing what I think is the flu. I am still anemic and the weather has been cold and snowy (it has finally stopped) so I am not surprised. If I am not around, don't worry, I am probably resting.

Yes, I know, things were going so well with my health. They still are - this is just the flu and will go away, and I don't have a ton of pain and other symptoms to worry about on top of it.

If you really think it's the flu, Laurie, you should contact your doctor ASAP. In your rundown condition and recovering from surgery, it could get serious quickly. You can get an anti-viral shot to lessen the potential severity the the flu, if you have it. And, cold doesn't cause flu - only exposure to the virus does ;)

In my cleaning the guest room, I just unearthed a whole plastic barrel full of shoulder pads. When I Googled "uses for old shoulder pads," all I could find was cat toys, hanger pads, and cutesy crap that I don't need. I don't have a cat. Though using them as scales for a Little Mermaid costume sounded interesting.

I think I'll stuff them into a pillow.

In my cleaning the guest room, I just unearthed a whole plastic barrel full of shoulder pads. When I Googled "uses for old shoulder pads," all I could find was cat toys, hanger pads, and cutesy crap that I don't need. I don't have a cat. Though using them as scales for a Little Mermaid costume sounded interesting.

I think I'll stuff them into a pillow.
How long have you lived in that house? :LOL:

Seriously! :LOL:
I have a lot of clutter, but I know what and where it all is :LOL:

:LOL: I actually made a stool from a plastic bucket with a twist off top, made a nice padded seat, with a curtain around it. Looked really cute. And I stashed all my shoulder pads that I snipped out of all my jackets and shirts in the bucket. Didn't everybody?

If you really think it's the flu, Laurie, you should contact your doctor ASAP. In your rundown condition and recovering from surgery, it could get serious quickly. You can get an anti-viral shot to lessen the potential severity the the flu, if you have it. And, cold doesn't cause flu - only exposure to the virus does ;)

TB wanted to take me to the ER yesterday but I have just had so much of it lately. It seems like the flu in some ways but not in others. All I know is I can't hold onto any food though am not throwing up, I am tired, clammy, sometimes feverish, coughing and losing weight like crazy. Maybe I should listen to my hubby and go to at least a clinic tomorrow.

Are you achy and have a fever? If so, it's the flu. If not, it's probably a cold. I was sick from Dec 24, until the first of Feb. It would start to go away and then start all over again. But no achies and no fever. Just a lot of congestion and coughing, sneezing, blowing my nose.

Back
Top Bottom