What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, thought I would report back for those of you who were concerned.

We just got back from the ER and I do not have a cold, flu or infection. All my symptoms are typical for some people post gallbladder surgery. I wasn't given any instructions about how to eat afterwards. I haven't been eating much and some of the wrong things. I need to eat 6 small meals a day and stick to 3 grams or less of fat per serving. The comfort foods I have been eating are too fatty. This won't last forever (hopefully), but is a healthier way to eat anyway.

I am still anaemic and am losing weight way too fast so they want me try to stick to the diet suggestions they gave.

We just got back from the ER and I do not have a cold, flu or infection. All my symptoms are typical for some people post gallbladder surgery. I wasn't given any instructions about how to eat afterwards. I haven't been eating much and some of the wrong things. I need to eat 6 small meals a day and stick to 3 grams or less of fat per serving. The comfort foods I have been eating are too fatty. This won't last forever (hopefully), but is a healthier way to eat anyway.

I am still anaemic and am losing weight way too fast so they want me try to stick to the diet suggestions they gave.

Whether it is a hospital stay or even just day surgery, BMC always sends me home with complete written instructions, any needed medications or supplies and they read them to me to make sure I understand. The my PCP or NP follows up with me within seven days. I certainly can't complain when it comes to my medical care. :angel:

Thanks, Laurie. I'm glad it's nothing serious :)

In my cleaning the guest room, I just unearthed a whole plastic barrel full of shoulder pads. When I Googled "uses for old shoulder pads," all I could find was cat toys, hanger pads, and cutesy crap that I don't need. I don't have a cat. Though using them as scales for a Little Mermaid costume sounded interesting.

I think I'll stuff them into a pillow.

I had saved a whole garbage bag of shoulder pads with the idea of making a comforter.

It all got left behind when I moved, so I'll never know if it would have worked.

Some would have been a reminder of favorite clothes I had.

Pillow stuffing sounds good too.

Thanks for going to the ER, LP.

I hope things improve and you are feeling better soon! Thanks for the update.

I'm thinking I'll be lucky just to load my old electronic equipt into my Jeep today.
Of course, if I get that far I might as well run it down...
It's just so nasty outside, I really don't want to do anything I don't have to.

A bit of that weather just blew through here pac. Snow has been alternating between big flakes few and far between and lots of flakes thick and heavy.

I'm leaving shortly to make a library run and stop at the corner for one ingredient I need for tomorrow's supper. Don't want to wait till then because it's going to be even colder than today. With picking up two books and a video I might not be hanging around here as much. :ermm: :LOL: Yeah, right!

Ok, thought I would report back for those of you who were concerned...
Glad you're basically OK. And about that fat? I know everyone's aftersurgery life is different, but years later and to this day she has to be careful to not stray too far from "the facilities" when she eats french fries. That's it - just french fries. Go figure.

I am about to have my third small meal of the day. I am being very careful about fat and am feeling much better.

My project for the day is laundry. TB did a load here and there, but there is still a pileup and some to fold. I like the idea of picking one task per day and being able to see it through rather than tackling too much and not getting anything completed and being exhausted.

I'm still working on the guest bedroom. Another day of discovery! 6 pairs of fins, 4 snorkels, along with other miscellaneous snorkeling stuff. We like what we're using right now for equipment, so I need to figure out what to do with all the extras. Snorkeling isn't a common pastime up here, but Goodwill might just get it anyway.

Do you know of any summer camps in your area, or even that you could mail the equipment too?

Not a bad idea, LP. I thought about the local HS too. We actually know a couple divemasters who live in town (!) so that may be another way to go.

I got home from paying the mortgage, tanking up, and grocery shopping about an hour ago. Still recuperating from that.

I hate putting air in the tires when it's cold out. It's Thursday, so Ultramar gives a 3¢/litre discount on premium gas. It was still $1.524/litre. Good thing I only needed half a tank of gas to full.

My Jeep has had a low tire since I bought it. And of course there's a warning display for that I have to look at all the time.
You aren't the only one who hates putting air in tires in the winter. I'm holding out until it's 60F, lol.

With this warm/cold warm/cold pattern that we've been having it is totally confusing my tire sensors. one day it is on, the next off, then on for a week, and so on!

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I'm pretty sure the other three are going to come one before I get the one aired up :ermm:
Actually, I thought I would have it into the dealer for something by now and was going to have them do it, but it's been running fine.

With this warm/cold warm/cold pattern that we've been having it is totally confusing my tire sensors. one day it is on, the next off, then on for a week, and so on!

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app
No, your tire sensors are not confused. If the pressure is right when it's warmer, it's not necessarily high enough when it gets colder. The pressure in the tires drops in the cold.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom