What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A few minutes ago, Beagle started barking like crazy in the sunroom, behavior that is usually reserved for deer, coyotes, coons and cats. She was very insistant. I looked out, and saw the biggest opossum waddling out from the shrubbery around the foundation, heading into the timber. I've seen possums as roadkill, but never a live one in the wild before. By the time I got my phone out and took some really crappy pictures, it was too far into the woods.

Slow day at work due to the rain so I started preparing to file my partnership return, juggling a few numbers around on the worksheets to see what looks good and what doesn't. ;)

I do ours three times, separate and joint...whatever gets us the most back...

See how I'm knocking the points off and rounding the sharp edges?
I'm about 70% there in this one area. Then once I melt everything I'll strip the parkerized finish off and change from 220 grit to 400 and polish everything, as the finish is rougher than I want it. Then I'll start fitting all the parts I ordered, which will just require normal filing and sanding.
Looks very good, Pac.

A few minutes ago, Beagle started barking like crazy in the sunroom, behavior that is usually reserved for deer, coyotes, coons and cats. She was very insistant. I looked out, and saw the biggest opossum waddling out from the shrubbery around the foundation, heading into the timber. I've seen possums as roadkill, but never a live one in the wild before. By the time I got my phone out and took some really crappy pictures, it was too far into the woods.
Look out for holes in your yard when you walk around. We had a possum digging in our lawn in our first house, but didn't know it was coming around until one of us twisted an ankle a bit. Got a good look at that critter when the animal control office came and picked up his cage and the possum. They ain't purty. :LOL: Relocated! Never saw him or his family/friends again.

Thanks, Laurie. It looks even better now. At least to me, lol.
I was really hoping to get my parts in today, but oh well. It's going to be a long weekend. They were coming UPS...

Look out for holes in your yard when you walk around. We had a possum digging in our lawn in our first house, but didn't know it was coming around until one of us twisted an ankle a bit. Got a good look at that critter when the animal control office came and picked up his cage and the possum. They ain't purty. :LOL: Relocated! Never saw him or his family/friends again.

Thanks, CG. Right now, the ground's frozen solid, so I don't think it could dig much. And it would have to compete with all the moles and ground squirrels as to hole-digging during warm weather. We're surrounded by timber on 3 sides so we're never without critters of all kinds. It was just so cool to see a live one!

Last edited:
This guy would have given 23 lb Beagle a run for her money, though Beagle was up for the task. Might have been a pregnant female.

I just watched the first three episodes of Downton Abbey Season 4. TB got it for me for Valentine's Day and this is the first chance I have had to watch. It's nice to be back at the Abbey! :)

I'm also getting some laundry done and about to make a gluten free zucchini loaf as it is something I can eat and not have problems. I am feeling so much better in many ways, but can't get my strength back or fight the anemia when I can't eat much.

Wow! Nobody doing anything? :LOL:

I am working on our income tax, and the final one for my Dad which is bittersweet as it will be good to get it done but tomorrow is the second anniversary since his passing. My sister and I are meeting this week to sign the cheque and close the estate account. We are going for lunch at s little Chinese restaurant we used to go to with Dad.

Later I am going to watch some more Downtown Abbey :)

I've bathed the little dog (had too--his bum was filthy) then I let the the Roomba zoom around while I showered. Now I'm about to follow a friend to the garage so she can drop off her car. On the way back, I'm making a quick stop at the grocery store for a couple of things. Later another friend (who happens to be a hair colorist) is coming for pork roast dinner with all the trimmings. Before we dine, she's going to put PURPLE highlights in my hair. I can hardly wait. Since everything I wear is typically purple, I figured my hair should match my wardrobe...yes, I love PURPLE.

Thought I'd move the envelope just a tad more

http://www.barbados.org/poetry/wheniam.htm

Last edited:
Wow! Nobody doing anything? :LOL:

I am working on our income tax, and the final one for my Dad which is bittersweet as it will be good to get it done but tomorrow is the second anniversary since his passing. My sister and I are meeting this week to sign the cheque and close the estate account. We are going for lunch at s little Chinese restaurant we used to go to with Dad.

Later I am going to watch some more Downtown Abbey :)
Are you doing the income tax returns with software? Online?

I'm doing something! I was just too lazy to go look for this thread.

I'm watching The Abyss. Prior to that I ate a perch sandwich on French bread.
And of course fiddled more with my pistol. I'm about as far as I can go without getting my parts in. I'm also hoping Fedex didn't lose the part I had to ship off for some machine work. It hasn't moved since I shipped it Wednesday and they can't tell me why not or where it is.

Not much going on right now. The usual Saturday morning stuff. Filled SO's and my pill cases for the week, had breakfast, cleaned up around the kitchen.

Now I'm sitting here waiting to leave for my daughter's home. My two daughters and I, along with my grandson, are going to make the rounds of the Armenian grocery/bakery stores. They're all located withing a mile or two about a half hour away from DD's house. We like to pick up a bunch of goodies that are difficult or impossible to get elsewhere.

Not much going on right now. The usual Saturday morning stuff. Filled SO's and my pill cases for the week, had breakfast, cleaned up around the kitchen.

Now I'm sitting here waiting to leave for my daughter's home. My two daughters and I, along with my grandson, are going to make the rounds of the Armenian grocery/bakery stores. They're all located withing a mile or two about a half hour away from DD's house. We like to pick up a bunch of goodies that are difficult or impossible to get elsewhere.
How's your SO's shoulder doing, Andy? I was thinking about her this morning and said a little prayer for healing. I know how badly shoulder injuries of any kind can be, but a break is the worst.

Back
Top Bottom