What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the trail camera set up. It's in a great area on a nice solid tree. Something that I'm not used to having out back. Anything that crosses the creek there should trigger it.
Maybe this is what you'll see?
images

I'm putting off cleaning up the cooking stuff from supper. But first I have a date...with Rick. Rick Castle. ;)

I got the trail camera set up. It's in a great area on a nice solid tree. Something that I'm not used to having out back. Anything that crosses the creek there should trigger it.

Cool! I can't wait to see who you have out back. Lions will hide, but not because they are afraid of you.

A couple years ago we had a lion attack the last kid in line on a hiking trail in town. The trail is in heavy woods and it was one of those dry summers when all the animals come off the mountains.

I am excited like a little kid! I accepted an easy cake order for the end of the month. Low stress, for a great friend and other than a standing June birthday cake order, the first I have accepted in two years!

I won't take on too many, but it will be great to be a bit creative again.

Addie, love and hugs to you and your daughter.:angel:

She called me yesterday morning. She is home from the hospital and has a ton of antibiotics to take. In the meantime her chemo will continue for an additional six months. But not until after she is through with her antibiotics regimen. The tumor is still shrinking and it is much easier to view the MRI now that all the swelling of her brain is gone. Right now she is having a low time due to the fact that she will be on the chemo for her birthday.

I want to thank all of you so much for your support. For any family who has stood by and watch a loved one go through cancer and not be certain of the outcome, is the most difficult time they will ever face. So the support of friends and loved ones mean so much. How I have kept my sanity through all of this is still beyond me. Once again, thank you to everyone here. :angel:

Addie, I will continue to pray for your daughter and you. I understand what you are going through as I am dealing with my sister's cancer - it is hard watching them go through it all.

Today we are going to the funeral home for the visitation for my daughters FIL. He passed away on Saturday.

Then last night I got a call that my half-sister passed away. Don't they say it comes in three's?

I guess I will be spending the next several days at funeral homes.

So sorry Carol :( .. it's never easy and to have doubles is even rougher.

Hang in there.

Today we are going to the funeral home for the visitation for my daughters FIL. He passed away on Saturday.

Then last night I got a call that my half-sister passed away. Don't they say it comes in three's?

Sorry for your losses, Carol.

CarolPa, I'm sorry for your losses. They say bad things happen in threes, but I believe that's a superstition. I certainly hope so.

Still working on the guest bedroom. I managed to stuff DH's vast collection of shorts and t shirts, that were formerly the room's centerpiece and focal point, into the dresser. He also has been storing part of his massive collection of tennis shoes in there, I have no idea as to what to do with them. I may have to start sneaking an item at a time into the Goodwill bags so he won't notice.

But it appears that we may actually be able to fit a guest in the guest room now!

Still working on the guest bedroom. I managed to stuff DH's vast collection of shorts and t shirts, that were formerly the room's centerpiece and focal point, into the dresser. He also has been storing part of his massive collection of tennis shoes in there, I have no idea as to what to do with them. I may have to start sneaking an item at a time into the Goodwill bags so he won't notice.

But it appears that we may actually be able to fit a guest in the guest room now!
Yay for progress!

Watching Chopped. I'm going to 'fess up. I've been back in the hospital since Saturday and am looking at going home Thursday. I don't want to talk about why because it's complicated. Just know that DH is an absolute rock and has been, always, as loving and helpful as he can be. He visits twice a day and brings me good food from restaurants :wub:

His boss' husband has serious medical issues, too, so she's very understanding about him taking time off on short notice, and with his job, he can do a lot of it on a laptop from here. I have excellent doctors and health insurance and am in a teaching hospital where I get "the academic advantage," as they say - a team of doctors in each specialty. So all in all, we're pretty fortunate.

So, I haven't cooked much since December, really. But I continue to collect recipes and make plans and DH has started some veggie seeds for a spring garden. So that's what I'm doing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom