What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We don't give Violet much people food either - wouldn't you know we would get a dog with food allergies (wheat, beef) :rolleyes:. I do give her some gluten free pasta noodles once in awhile as she loves them, but she mostly gets hypoallergenic dog food. She had banana once or twice and loved it, but it gave her horrific gas.

We taught Violet not to beg when she was a puppy. She would go to sleep at our feet or go to her bed. Then Joie came along with tons of bad habits including begging and barking. She doesn't beg all the time and we choose to ignore it so she ends up laying down and going to sleep.

My old dog, Vashti, was very good at meal times. She would go and lie in her corner without being told when the plates came to the table. She had one over-riding passion though. Whenever I was peeling or juicing an orange she'd be sitting by my side, staring plaintively and drooling all over my feet. She was anyone's for an orange! The burglar who brought her one would have had the run of the house!

After I'd squeezed the juice from the two halves of an orange I used to give them to her and she'd carefully strip all the remaining fruit out of the shells and eat it leaving them completely cleaned out and undamaged.

CW, so happy for you that you got good news! :w00t:

...Up with the lark at 6.30am.....sitting in car outside on road by 9am waiting for my passengers to turn up to go to the National Ladies' Luncheon Clubs' conference in Macclesfield......................At 9.15am I suddenly realised that the conference is on 17th March and today is NOT the 17th!!
(Sigh!)
Yikes! Weren't you the perfect "all dressed up and no place to go" today? I hope you made good use of your time spent grooming pretty and called on a friend to meet for lunch? Or at least got out to a nice tea shop for a spot of tea and a sweet of some kind.

IT's been a lovely warm sunny day here today. I was watching Mrs Blackbird collecting nesting material to take into a tree on my boundary this morning, 2 blue tits having a tremendous row about something and a bird of prey (a buzzard?) riding the air currents, swooping and soaring and really enjoying him/herself.

Up with the lark at 6.30am. Briefcase packed, showered, hair done, make-up perfect, dressed in most efficient-looking smart casual outfit and sitting in car outside on road by 9am waiting for my passengers to turn up to go to the National Ladies' Luncheon Clubs' conference in Macclesfield...........

.................At 9.15am I suddenly realised that the conference is on 17th March and today is NOT the 17th!!

(Sigh!)

Many a time I had forgotten it was a holiday and headed off to work. Then stood there wondering where all the people were. :angel:

Once a favorite bartender left for home at 5pm after her all day shift. She returned a couple of hours later and wondered why we were all still there in the same seats.

She had returned home, taken a power nap and when she woke up thought it was time for her to come to work for the next day's shift!

I am trying to figure out the best way to sell my crochet items - Etsy, Craftsy or my own website 'store' with PayPal. Decisions, decisions.

I am also up early because my cough is back and I don't want to keep TB awake. I coughed so bad yesterday I aggravated my sciatica so am dealing with that too. It was sure nice having a few weeks pain free. But at least I know I can do it! :)

I am trying to figure out the best way to sell my crochet items - Etsy, Craftsy or my own website 'store' with PayPal. Decisions, decisions.

I am also up early because my cough is back and I don't want to keep TB awake. I coughed so bad yesterday I aggravated my sciatica so am dealing with that too. It was sure nice having a few weeks pain free. But at least I know I can do it! :)
Are there setup fees? Maybe you should try all three and see what you like?

I've been trying on my three new pairs of glasses that just arrived in the mail. They will take a little getting used to. The 'script is a fair bit stronger than the previous one. The optometrist warned me that they might make me nauseous at first. So far so good.

I've been trying on my three new pairs of glasses that just arrived in the mail. They will take a little getting used to. The 'script is a fair bit stronger than the previous one. The optometrist warned me that they might make me nauseous at first. So far so good.

I hope it doesn't take very long.

Good luck with the new specs taxy. When I was a kid my prescription would change so much I had to be careful to not walk into things, and steps were a real challenge. Hope you adjust quickly.

I'm figuring it's time more work done around here. Perfect day to wash the window over the sink (I can't keep that thing clean what with cooking and washing pots and pans) and put up a fresh valance. Usually I get around to spring cleaning in...July. :ermm: :LOL:

I hope it doesn't take very long.
Thanks. No nausea so far. Stuff looks a bit weird. There's a bit of curvature. It's a little different at the edges, so stuff looks like it's moving when I turn my head. It's already not quite so weird. But the top of the screen on this laptop still looks wider than the bottom. Ah yes, the joys of aging.

I understand about getting used to new specs, Taxy. Hope it doesn't take too long.

I am sitting in my chair playing computer games and checking out DC. My sciatica flared again and the only two positions that are comfortable are in my recliner half way reclined, or walking which I can only to so much of either at a time. No other chairs or the bed will do.

It is also giving me a chance to design and prep for two cake orders for later this month. They are both birthday cakes so not massive like a wedding cake. I am very excited about getting back into it after several years off (though I have done a few cakes for friends and family).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom