What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. No nausea so far. Stuff looks a bit weird. There's a bit of curvature. It's a little different at the edges, so stuff looks like it's moving when I turn my head. It's already not quite so weird. But the top of the screen on this laptop still looks wider than the bottom. Ah yes, the joys of aging.

What you need is a couple stiff drinks :ermm:
:LOL:

Baking day to day. Chocolate coconut slab with chocolate on top, among other things. Never made it before so don't know what it's like but I'm looking for ideas. I'm running a bake sale at the stables in April as part of Help for Heroes' Colossal Cake Sale. I'm going to have cakes on sale at lunch time all week to collar the students on the Equine Studies and Small Animal Care courses and all day Saturday and Sunday to catch the mummies and daddies who are there for their children's riding lessons.

Colossal Cake Sale - Organise a cake sale in aid of Help for Heroes

You can't beat a good bake sale to raise money for charity.

Also made Kentish Huffkins which are basically (british) muffins/baps/barm cakes in the version traditionally made in Kent in the south of England.) as I'd run out of bread.

Still practising with the cooker I bought last year. My ancient gas cooker at my old house, that I had for 30 years was very dilapidated but had the most reliable oven I've ever dealt with. There's nothing actually wrong with this cooker. It's just that when my old cooker was set on gas mark 4 I knew what it meant but I've had to use an oven thermometer with this one and do the maths when the temps are slightly different.

I am trying to figure out the best way to sell my crochet items - Etsy, Craftsy or my own website 'store' with PayPal. Decisions, decisions.

I am also up early because my cough is back and I don't want to keep TB awake. I coughed so bad yesterday I aggravated my sciatica so am dealing with that too. It was sure nice having a few weeks pain free. But at least I know I can do it! :)
I only know about this from being a customer so I may not be much help. However, perhaps Ebay has a wider customer base? It's quite easy when you are looking for something specific to be waylaid by something completely different. I once found a bath in a size I'd been hunting for for months, on Ebay, when I was actually looking for some card making stuff. With Etsy the clientele are mostly crafty people anyway so you're preaching to the already converted, so to speak.

Have you tried lemon juice, honey and hot water to drink when you are coughing? It doesn't cure it but it makes our throat feel better and unless you put the whisky in it, it is unlikely to interfere with any medication you're on. Tastes nice too.

I am sitting here with cold feet. Literally.
Somewhere between 9:30 and 10:30 I should have switched from winter shoes to boots.
I just got back from the grocery store where I bought a few things, mainly chicken. I bought a fried dinner for lunch that I will shred and also use for dinner. And a whole chicken for the pressure cooker. I think some chicken noodle soup is in order in a day or two. I think I'm out of kluski noodles, but it's supposed to clear up again tomorrow. You can't see 100 ft in front of you now.

Just got done booking a couple shows for our upcoming trip. Vegas, baby! We'll be there following a niece's graduation in Utah. I've never been there. Got tickets to Absynthe (a sort of Cirque du Soleil circus burlesque) and to Penn and Teller. I wanted to wait until we got there, as deals would be found, but DH was insistant that I book ahead of time.

I am trying to figure out the best way to sell my crochet items - Etsy, Craftsy or my own website 'store' with PayPal. Decisions, decisions.

I am also up early because my cough is back and I don't want to keep TB awake. I coughed so bad yesterday I aggravated my sciatica so am dealing with that too. It was sure nice having a few weeks pain free. But at least I know I can do it! :)
I have never tried this myself, but someone posted this link on FaceBook: https://apps.shopify.com/

I took TB to the doctor (he has the flu, but needed a doctor's note because 11 drivers called in sick today). After dropping him off I went to Costco and got the rest of my shopping done.

Now I am unpacked and taking a break before I start working on my project of the day - finding one form I need to complete Dad's last income tax. I am combining it with tidying up my craft room.

Sitting down to a cup of hot chocolate before I start moving furniture and cleaning. The baseboards went down early in the house finishing phase. The flooring went down late in the process. Due to the nature of laying engineered wood flooring on top of poured concrete; there are uneven crevices between the floor and baseboards. The flooring person is coming tomorrow morning to caulk those joints. Unfortunately a lot of furniture is obscuring those crevices. Fortunately Fedex delivered a bottle of hard to find Navan today;). Things always seem to work out, don't they?:angel:

That sounds like a long project. Lots of careful filing/sanding to get the right melted look uniform along a line and not going too far. Hard on the fingers and hands.

You nailed it. It's very tedious. There are times you need to take a break, but when you do you end up changing the angle you've been trying to maintain when you start back up. Breaking the angle is one step, but trying to maintain a flat surface is another. :wacko::wacko::wacko: It probably took me 3 hours/side. But it's close. Like sharpening a chef's knife ;)
Of course if I had a "cheap" $1200 mill I could have had it done in 30 minutes and not have had to deal with file marks, but that's all part of the project :cool:

Attachments

• 5 slide.JPG
    5 slide.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 6 slide.JPG
    6 slide.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 143
Anyway... I'm kicking around if I want to move 2 ft drifts of heavy snow out of my driveway tonight and have a smaller amount to deal with tomorrow, which would be like doing it twice in a way... plus it's 23 now. It will be single digits tomorrow morning... hmmm... plus it's windier than heck... from the wrong direction... I may need to deliberate this over a few beers...

I am watching Monkey play with her new toy. Quite simply it is a battery operated (safe) laser beam that moves around at various speeds and directions and she chases after it. It's on a timer and when it stops she continues to search for it. I am going to have to get a video of this.

It sure helps tire her out which is a relief to TB, Violet and I. :LOL:

I am watching Monkey play with her new toy. Quite simply it is a battery operated (safe) laser beam that moves around at various speeds and directions and she chases after it. It's on a timer and when it stops she continues to search for it. I am going to have to get a video of this.

It sure helps tire her out which is a relief to TB, Violet and I. :LOL:

I have one of those for the cats, too. They look at it and then wander off. It's rare I can get them to chase the red dot.

Back
Top Bottom