What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had a busy day today, and now I'm going to kick back in the recliner and watch a movie until I fall asleep - which won't be long. :LOL: Kitty is already there and waiting for me. :wub:

I went to start the car and run some errands. It wouldn't start. No noise, no clicks, nothing. While I could've gotten it jumped, I figured that's why I have AAA. Called, and got a jump within a half hour. I knew there was a reason I pay these guys! Now I need to figure out how to reprogram the Sirius radio, it's been years since I last did that. :sigh:

Anndd, I went to start the car again, a bit of buzzing, then nothing. Another call to AAA. This time I think I'll head to the mechanic....

The only time that happened to me when the guy jumped the battery he told me not to shut off the car. I drove directly to Sears (where I had a charge card) and bought a new battery.

They always bring me a box for my stuff. But I usually do things the same day.
I've got a couple boxes "in storage" that were from past vehicles. I transfer what I think I'll need to the new one. [insert crazy spinning eyes emoticon here. it has disappeared.]

One time we were on the way home from the mall and stopped at a dealership and left with a new car. Surprise! When we got home we realized the garage door opener was still in the old car. Oops! We called and they took it into the office.
'
My DIL left her GPS in the old car. Didn't realize it until the next time she needed it. Called the dealership but it was gone. Can't tell me someone didn't find it when they detailed the car.

Last edited:
Today I went to use my landline phone and it did not work, no dial tone.

I'm not sure how long it has been broken, I have not used it in over a month.

I called the telephone company on my fifteen dollar tracfone, that always seems to work, and the telephone companies computer told me that my line has a problem. The computer told me if I would like the telephone company to fix it I will have to pay a fee for them to come out to look at it and possibly an additional fee to actually make the repairs.

Today may be the end of my landline phone! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm not sure if I should dump the landline and just live with the tracfone for the dozen or so calls I make each year or if I should dump them both and get a real cellular phone.

Before I decide to unhook the old landline does anyone know if I can get a cellular plan that will allow me to keep my old landline number.

Thanks B

I know people who have a landline # associated with their cell phones.

Do you mean that their landline and cell phone have the same number?

My landline is from Comcast, along with my TV and Internet. They have done remote repairs when we have had problems.

It's been a long time since we had Verizon for our phone. Don't remember ever having to pay them to come out, but we don't have a lot of problems with our landline.

I also have a Tracfone and DH has a Verizon cell, because he doesn't want to have to say "Can you hear me now?" :LOL:

If I were to get rid of the landline, I would go with a different phone than Tracfone. I think I would go with Virgin Mobile. They have a plan with unlimited text and interet for $35, don't know how many talk minutes they have. We don't use our phones much at all, landline or cell.

Do you mean that their landline and cell phone have the same number? [snip]

No, they do not have a landline. They have a cell phone that uses a landline #. I don't know if the number is the same number they used to have when they had a landline... If they transferred it, but I'm thinking they must have.

No, they do not have a landline. They have a cell phone that uses a landline #. I don't know if the number is the same number they used to have when they had a landline... If they transferred it, but I'm thinking they must have.

I'm glad CarolPA asked that question, I was getting confused. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I can get phone service from the local cable company or buy a unit from Walmart, they both resemble a landline but, they really are wireless cell phones not landlines. I don't see much advantage to going that route. Too many choices for my poor old head, I will stop at the Verizon store tomorrow and ask a lot of stupid questions, we'll see! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm glad CarolPA asked that question, I was getting confused. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I can get phone service from the local cable company or buy a unit from Walmart, they both resemble a landline but, they really are wireless cell phones not landlines. I don't see much advantage to going that route. Too many choices for my poor old head, I will stop at the Verizon store tomorrow and ask a lot of stupid questions, we'll see! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

The thing to do is choose a cell phone that works best from your home. I probably had the fastest cell phone return in history when I drove 19 miles to my home from the Sprint store and had no signal.
If you go the cable route you could lose your phone if someone hits the pole, there's an ice storm, or any number of reasons you might lose your cable service.

Just got home. We were asked to be Godparents for my cousins 1st baby girl. Then a baby shower to follow. Nice to be home to relax.

Sounds like a great day, SB. I love new babies!

I just watched the Vancouver Canucks (hockey) beat the Florida Panthers in a shootout against our old pal Roberto Luongo. Lu got traded recently after a year long controversy.

Now I am back working on sorting my desk out and researching a design for a "Frozen" (the movie) cake I am doing for a four year old's birthday next Sunday.

Would love to see a picture of that when you are finished with it. Our daughter loved the movie "Frozen" Her & her classmates continue to sing all of the songs from that movie.

Finishing up casing the last of the sausage I've been making all weekend. The way I make it requires several bouts of putting the meat grinder parts back in the freezer and chilling the ground meat before grinding again and yet again before casing it. Also getting my office in order so I can start a new contract tomorrow (YEA!!!!).

Finishing up casing the last of the sausage I've been making all weekend. The way I make it requires several bouts of putting the meat grinder parts back in the freezer and chilling the ground meat before grinding again and yet again before casing it. Also getting my office in order so I can start a new contract tomorrow (YEA!!!!).
You've been busy. w00t for sausage and new contract.

Sounds like a great day, SB. I love new babies!

I just watched the Vancouver Canucks (hockey) beat the Florida Panthers in a shootout against our old pal Roberto Luongo. Lu got traded recently after a year long controversy.

Now I am back working on sorting my desk out and researching a design for a "Frozen" (the movie) cake I am doing for a four year old's birthday next Sunday.

I would love to see a pic of the cake! :)

Enjoying a bowl of Tillamook Oregon Strawberry ice cream and searching for a movie which I will undoubtedly fall asleep watching. :LOL: Night, all! :)

...Too many choices for my poor old head, I will stop at the Verizon store tomorrow and ask a lot of stupid questions, we'll see!...
I can tell you that Verizon is expensive. I suppose that can be said of most major carriers. We switched to a secondary carrier (Ting) that operates on the Sprint network. We love it BUT Himself said that you have to be tech savvy (or know someone who is) in order to set up a smartphone - maybe even the account. You do have to buy your phone (most plans require that) but Ting lets you buy from anyone, not just them. We got like-new Samsung 3G phones for $200 each. Our last bill for the two phones was $27, including taxes. We usually run about $40/month. If you want the phone just to have one you could buy a non-smart (feature) phone for less than $100 through Ting, probably even less online like eBay. After that it's $6/month plus charges based on time/messages/data used. A phone and up to 100 minutes a month would cost $9 plus taxes. Text messages and data are their own charges too. It's billed on a tiered volume scale. We've had this service since October and have no real complaints. Whatever you decide on, good luck. It's not easy shopping for a phone plan. Or a car. Or health care. Or practically anything but milk anymore!

I can tell you that Verizon is expensive. I suppose that can be said of most major carriers. We switched to a secondary carrier (Ting) that operates on the Sprint network. We love it BUT Himself said that you have to be tech savvy (or know someone who is) in order to set up a smartphone - maybe even the account. You do have to buy your phone (most plans require that) but Ting lets you buy from anyone, not just them. We got like-new Samsung 3G phones for $200 each. Our last bill for the two phones was $27, including taxes. We usually run about $40/month. If you want the phone just to have one you could buy a non-smart (feature) phone for less than $100 through Ting, probably even less online like eBay. After that it's $6/month plus charges based on time/messages/data used. A phone and up to 100 minutes a month would cost $9 plus taxes. Text messages and data are their own charges too. It's billed on a tiered volume scale. We've had this service since October and have no real complaints. Whatever you decide on, good luck. It's not easy shopping for a phone plan. Or a car. Or health care. Or practically anything but milk anymore!

Thanks for the information!

I'm afraid that even shopping for milk is becoming too complicated for me! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I've been wandering around the internet this morning looking at various options and they all seem too complicated for me. My thought was that if I give up the old landline I would go with a mobile phone that allowed voice, text and internet access. I only make one or two telephone calls per month, never text and roam around on the internet 3 or 4 hours each day. I may just say to heck with it, cancel the landline and live with my cheap disposable phone until I figure a better option. I think my real problem is that I have absolutely no interest in technology, I need to find a 7th grader that can figure this out for me! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom