What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dawg, what does DH have against a couple of Disney chipmunks? :huh:

chipndalerescuerangers.jpg

It's a shame about the P&T show. Then again, I think anything Vegas just can't hold a candle to the wonder of our National Parks. We spent just a few hours in Bryce, but I found it even more inspiring than the Grand Canyon. That's just me. *shrug*

My point exactly, CG. I will show your post to DH. Perhaps then he will understand.

Love the national parks too!

Last edited:
Thanks Taxy! Feels good to be back home! Can't wait to pick up Beagle and snuggle her.

Last edited:
I can hear Beagle yodeling now...

As for having to miss Chip and Dale...sorry, they put on a fun show.

:LOL: I noticed the Thunder from Down Under (Aussie version of Chippendales) was also playing....

I saw an ad today in the local REC rag wanting canning jars in good condition, and just so happen to have 9 cases of regular quarts a friend had given me, just taking up space in the basement. I called, and the lady will come and pick them up tomorrow. A start to cleaning out the basement.

Welcome home Dawg.

I am sitting here thinking about the families of the two dead firefighters. There were also 18 other first responders. Most of them were injured going into the burning building to get the residents out. I am so grateful my grandson wasn't one of them. He is the son of The Pirate. Little Pirate will be attending the funerals on Monday. :angel:

Thanks Addie! So sorry to hear about the firefighters.

The nice "lady" I called and spoke with yesterday after seeing the want ad for used canning jars came by to pick them up. Turned out to be a very nice MAN. :LOL: I've got a fairly deep voice, and have been called "sir" a time or two by phone people, so it's hard to tell sometimes.

I undercut myself, charged $15 for 6 cases of pint jars and 2 cases of quarts, but they were the regular not wide mouth jars that I usually use, and were given to me many years ago and taking up space in the basement. Felt good to get rid of them.

Last edited:
Thanks Addie! So sorry to hear about the firefighters.

The nice "lady" I called and spoke with yesterday after seeing the want ad for used canning jars came by to pick them up. Turned out to be a very nice MAN. :LOL: I've got a fairly deep voice, and have been called "sir" a time or two by phone people, so it's hard to tell sometimes.

I undercut myself, charged $15 for 6 cases of pint jars and 2 cases of quarts, but they were the regular not wide mouth jars that I usually use, and were given to me many years ago and taking up space in the basement. Felt good to get rid of them.

That regained space is worth more than $15.00. What would it have cost you to build or buy more shelves? Now you have room for more useless stuff. :angel:

Quite true, Addie! More useless stuff will soon be on its way out!

One of the advantages of living in an apartment, no room to store useless stuff. Downsizing was very difficult for me. A lot of useless memories had to go. So now, unless it is seasonal (gloves and scarfs), I keep something for six months, and if I haven't used it, out it goes. The only place I just can't seem to apply that is in my craft cabinet. But I have stopped making so many trips to the craft store. Small steps. For years I used to make candy cane reindeer and donate them to the community to pass out when Santa made his visit. But it has been more than five years and I still have some Google eyes and felt sticks for the reindeer. I doubt if I will ever make them again. A lot of work when you have to make a couple of hundred. But I don't have the heart to toss them. Maybe someday. Right now my interest lies in embroidery.

My next big project of cleaning out are all those clothes that I will never wear again or ever fit into. I have two closets and there are way too many clothes for someone who doesn't go out much. Not counting the four large drawers that are stuffed full. Where does a person wear a sequined top to, other than a dinner honoring a particular person? :angel:

I am sitting here on my behind, trying to get motivated to get something done. I took the day off because my grand babies are coming for the weekend. DD always thinks she will get an early start for the 2+ hour drive, but never does! Lol! They probably won't arrive until after lunch. I need to get cracking and finish my regular weekend housework this morning.

I've been waiting for a band of showers to pass through so I could go grocery shopping. This part is almost over, but I don't mind running into the store when it's drizzling. However, I really don't like schlepping' the the bags of stuff to the car when it's raining. It's rainy grocery days that make me miss my van the most. The Sonata doesn't have the same awning effect over the trunk like the van's tailgate had...:(

Here comes my window of opportunity! Time to spend!

Been working on taxes. TaxAct is supposedly idiot-proof, but it's not, IMHO. Schedule K-1 form 1120S is not the same as Schedule K-1. It's under S Corp on TaxAct, not under Schedule K-1, I was having a heluva time trying to match the categories. Thankfully Google was my friend. TaxAct Help was of no help :LOL:

Reading about the recent earthquakes a couple of hours ago. I was in the recliner watching TV, and it started rocking back and forth. And it wasn't a rocking recliner, either.... :ohmy: :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom