What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No Amazing Race on tonight, preempted by the CMAs. So we're watching that. We're more rock than country, but so far have been enjoying it.

I am using my new cellphone while having dinner out with my wonderful hubby!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Getting ready to drive into my accountant's office and see how much I owe our wonderful government.
I'll also stop by Giant Eagle's gas station to fill up before I lose my money off per gallon. I'll be right in front of the store, but there isn't really anything I need. Maybe I'll pick up some fresh chicken wings. I'm sure I'll wish I had one night this week.
And I need to find a new place to get my hair cut. I'm going to poke my head inside a place I read about in our local paper. I'm hoping by getting it cut closer to the city I'll run into a more stable business than i'm finding out here in the sticks. They advertise accepting walk-ins, so maybe I'll get lucky.

Pac, I turned on that show and watched some of it after you mentioned it. I liked the one where they made their burgers on toast rather than a bun. I think I would like that and will try it next time. I buy a pkg of buns and the two of us just eat a couple, then the rest go stale. Don't say freeze them. DH will not eat bread that has been frozen.

Addie - I don't consider what they sell in Burger King a burger. I can't find a fast-food burger that tastes like meat. They put all those condiments on them to cover up the taste, or lack thereof. I mostly just eat burgers made at home on my George Foreman grill. There are some sit down restaurants that serve Angus burgers and I can eat them, but there are usually other things on the menu that I prefer.

Last edited:
Just to give you a Short update (doing it from the mobile and it is not so easy to write)
He is in the OP right now to get the pelvis fixed. His condition was so good, they decided to do it now and not by the end of the week.
After That they will lower the meds, so he has the Chance to wake up.
I know the induced coma was good for him, but he already fought against it, stubborn as he is ;-)
Right now I Hope everything goes well and I will be able to See him later!

That is good news, Cara! Still sending healing thoughts and prayers. Remember to take care of yourself, get some rest.

I just got back from the collision reporting centre. Some dear 89 year old lady decided to change lanes into the spot my car was already occupying.
img_1356251_0_be2016f1d626c4c202da707da1dfb075.gif
My brand new two week old car. :mad:

At least no one was hurt.

Spending the day tidying up, making assorted important phone calls and finalizing arrangements before I enter the hospital in Nashville on Wednesday.

Won't know until after 4:30 tomorrow afternoon what time the surgery will be, which means we don't know what time we'll have to leave home to arrive in ample time for it. On a good day, the drive is almost 3 hours. With commute traffic, an hour is easily added.

To get it over with and to count surgery day as day #1, I would like to have it early in the morning. However, I don't necessarily like getting up at o'dark hundred to do that, so it's a two-edged sword as far as the timing goes.

I'm not even there yet and I already want to be home, which is one of the reasons I'd prefer to be among the first on the surgeon's list.

I already have a freezer full of precooked dinner meals and a couple of home made sweets for future desserts until I feel up to being up on my feet for an extended period. I'll fill in the blanks as far as groceries are concerned when I shop tomorrow morning.

My bag is packed, except for the night-before/morning toiletries, and I've put a couple of pillows and the walker in the car.

There will be a bed in my room for Glenn so he can be nearby for moral support and assistance when the hospital staff isn't around.

I've set aside some good audio books, a pile of knitting projects and some recipe typing/editing for the computer to keep me occupied when I'm supposed to be good and behaving myself.

Glenn's a sweetheart and is always around, even now, making sure I'm taking care of myself. He won't even let me walk down the driveway to get the mail. Says I shouldn't take any unnecessary risks. I did get away with hanging the linens out on the line on Friday.

Unfortunately, my phone went belly up this morning and I will have to shop for a new one when I'm running errands tomorrow. Looks like Murphy's Law still exists.:ermm:

Harley and the two kitties, Sally and Bella, are all provided for and will be fine, but bored. They'll all be happy when Daddy and Mommy are back home. It certainly isn't much fun when they're not around. No petting or loving.

I think all bases have been covered and all that's left is minimal waiting and a long drive. I'm almost there and...definitely ready. Time to say goodbye to Mr. Pain!

Why not drive to Nashville tomorrow? Spend the night and then you are already there or on the way when you find out the time for the surgery.

Cara, I'm glad to hear he is doing well. Did anyone tell your DH what happened, where he is, why he was in an induced coma? Just wondering since he was fighting the coma. Still sending healing vibes.

Rocket, bummer about the new car. I would be very upset if it were my brand new car. I'm pleased no one was injured.

Katie, best wishes for excellent surgery and speedy recovery. It does sound like you have the bases covered. Healing vibes going in your direction.

Pac, I turned on that show and watched some of it after you mentioned it. I liked the one where they made their burgers on toast rather than a bun. I think I would like that and will try it next time. I buy a pkg of buns and the two of us just eat a couple, then the rest go stale. Don't say freeze them. DH will not eat bread that has been frozen.

I was thinking the one that they flattened thin with the spatula would be good on bread, for when I am out of buns.
I'm going to try the poached burger as soon as the first Vidalias hit the market.

Spending the day tidying up, making assorted important phone calls and finalizing arrangements before I enter the hospital in Nashville on Wednesday.

Won't know until after 4:30 tomorrow afternoon what time the surgery will be, which means we don't know what time we'll have to leave home to arrive in ample time for it. On a good day, the drive is almost 3 hours. With commute traffic, an hour is easily added.

To get it over with and to count surgery day as day #1, I would like to have it early in the morning. However, I don't necessarily like getting up at o'dark hundred to do that, so it's a two-edged sword as far as the timing goes.

I'm not even there yet and I already want to be home, which is one of the reasons I'd prefer to be among the first on the surgeon's list.

I already have a freezer full of precooked dinner meals and a couple of home made sweets for future desserts until I feel up to being up on my feet for an extended period. I'll fill in the blanks as far as groceries are concerned when I shop tomorrow morning.

My bag is packed, except for the night-before/morning toiletries, and I've put a couple of pillows and the walker in the car.

There will be a bed in my room for Glenn so he can be nearby for moral support and assistance when the hospital staff isn't around.

I've set aside some good audio books, a pile of knitting projects and some recipe typing/editing for the computer to keep me occupied when I'm supposed to be good and behaving myself.

Glenn's a sweetheart and is always around, even now, making sure I'm taking care of myself. He won't even let me walk down the driveway to get the mail. Says I shouldn't take any unnecessary risks. I did get away with hanging the linens out on the line on Friday.

Unfortunately, my phone went belly up this morning and I will have to shop for a new one when I'm running errands tomorrow. Looks like Murphy's Law still exists.:ermm:

Harley and the two kitties, Sally and Bella, are all provided for and will be fine, but bored. They'll all be happy when Daddy and Mommy are back home. It certainly isn't much fun when they're not around. No petting or loving.

I think all bases have been covered and all that's left is minimal waiting and a long drive. I'm almost there and...definitely ready. Time to say goodbye to Mr. Pain!
Crumbs - 3 hours away from the hospital! On this small island where we are never more than 75 miles from the sea, it's easy to forget how big the USA is (are). You wouldn't have to travel that far in an emergency eg heart attack, road accident, would you?

Just to give you a Short update (doing it from the mobile and it is not so easy to write)
He is in the OP right now to get the pelvis fixed. His condition was so good, they decided to do it now and not by the end of the week.
After That they will lower the meds, so he has the Chance to wake up.
I know the induced coma was good for him, but he already fought against it, stubborn as he is ;-)
Right now I Hope everything goes well and I will be able to See him later!
Cara, check your pms if possible. It's important as it may help you.

Crumbs - 3 hours away from the hospital! On this small island where we are never more than 75 miles from the sea, it's easy to forget how big the USA is (are). You wouldn't have to travel that far in an emergency eg heart attack, road accident, would you?

No, Mad Cook, we wouldn't have to travel very far in the event of an emergency. The nearest hospital is about 15 miles away.

I'm going to Nashville because Vanderbilt is one of the best medical facilities in the country for nearly any medical need. Their orthopedic department is first rate, which is why I'm going there.

No, Mad Cook, we wouldn't have to travel very far in the event of an emergency. The nearest hospital is about 15 miles away.

I'm going to Nashville because Vanderbilt is one of the best medical facilities in the country for nearly any medical need. Their orthopedic department is first rate, which is why I'm going there.
Aha! Wise move. Mind you, 15 miles is far enough if your life is in danger.

Back
Top Bottom