What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cara ~ Glad to see Frank is improving quickly. Hope he's out of the coma and back into your home to recover really soon. I'll keep up the good thoughts and prayers.

Rocket ~ Yikes! That's a shame about the new car. Hopefully your insurance company does you right.

Katie ~ Good luck with Knee Surgery 2.0. Hope you're up and dancing again really soon! You're so lucky to have a guy like Glenn to dote on you during recovery. And...behave yourself. ;)

My husband, Frank, had a accident on the motorway friday afternoon. He was brought to the hospital with the helicopter.
He was put into induced coma, has a comminuted femoral neck fracture, which was operated the same night. He also has a broken pelvis, which needs surgical treatment within the next days, broken rips and a broken sternum. Due to this his lung is also damaged.
All that happened 400km away from Hannover. I will travel to Regensburg today. Even if I can't do anything there, it's better than sitting here and worrying.

Cara, so sorry to hear about your husband. Sending some :angel::angel::angel: your way to watch over you, hubby, and family. Please keep us updated.

I just got back from the collision reporting centre. Some dear 89 year old lady decided to change lanes into the spot my car was already occupying.
img_1356299_0_be2016f1d626c4c202da707da1dfb075.gif
My brand new two week old car. :mad:

At least no one was hurt.

OMGoodness, so glad no one was hurt. My mom and I were at the post office the first of last month, and when we came out someone had backed into the back drivers corner of the car and cracked the fender. But they didn't leave a name or anything, and nothing major was broken so we're just dealing with it.

Just to give you a Short update (doing it from the mobile and it is not so easy to write)
He is in the OP right now to get the pelvis fixed. His condition was so good, they decided to do it now and not by the end of the week.
After That they will lower the meds, so he has the Chance to wake up.
I know the induced coma was good for him, but he already fought against it, stubborn as he is ;-)
Right now I Hope everything goes well and I will be able to See him later!

Cara I just read about Frank's accident. I am glad he is doing better and that you are with him now. Thoughts and prayers going up for both of you.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

So sorry all this stuff has been going on.

We're sitting out on our balcony overlooking the Carribbean Sea, watching the palm trees sway in the breeze. A couple of accoustic guitarists are playing outside of a restaurant down below. We've been up for over 24 hours, between driving, hotel, and flight delays, and are totally exhausted, but now we're in Paradise. Life is good!

So sorry all this stuff has been going on.

We're sitting out on our balcony overlooking the Carribbean Sea, watching the palm trees sway in the breeze. A couple of accoustic guitarists are playing outside of a restaurant down below. We've been up for over 24 hours, between driving, hotel, and flight delays, and are totally exhausted, but now we're in Paradise. Life is good!

What? You just got home from Vegas...:rolleyes:

...Rocket, bummer about the new car. I would be very upset if it were my brand new car. I'm pleased no one was injured...

That stinks, RJ.

...Rocket ~ Yikes! That's a shame about the new car. Hopefully your insurance company does you right...

OMGoodness, so glad no one was hurt. My mom and I were at the post office the first of last month, and when we came out someone had backed into the back drivers corner of the car and cracked the fender. But they didn't leave a name or anything, and nothing major was broken so we're just dealing with it.

Oh dear. Glad no-one was hurt. Will the insurance be nice about it?
Thanks all. It's great no one was injured and yes, the insurance is coming through no problem. I met the lady at the reporting centre and the P.C. that took the report said she admitted fault so my insurance has deemed me a not at fault claim.
I feel sorry for her because at 89 years old her insurance will rise to an unaffordable amount. Unfortunately for a senior of her age, it will probably increase by 400%, so my insurance agent told me. That's how it works in Ontario. We went for a coffee and she is a really nice lady, but, I think it's time to hang the keys up.

Last edited:
At least as long as the money holds out!

Have a great time in paradise Dawg. Just know that I am really jealous.

I'm coming down from a really yummy dinner. So yummy that Himself took one look at the roast and the sides and said "I think this meal needs a wine". Keep in mind that I'm the alchi in our house, so for him to suggest wine it had to be good!

Many thanks to Craig and his beef roast post. :yum:

Made a run to Penzeys today. Spent about $35 for a variety of herbs and spices. Since my last visit they rearranged the entire store.

While stuff is generally in alphabetical order, when they run out of room, the rest of the alphabet shows up in the oddest locations.

Oh, you want nutmeg? It's not between the "M"s and "O"s, it's over there with the baking spices. Peppercorns? No, not in the "P"s but over here in a separate Peppers section... No, sir, the chilies are not with the peppers, they have their own "Chilies" section.

Made a run to Penzeys today. Spent about $35 for a variety of herbs and spices. Since my last visit they rearranged the entire store.

While stuff is generally in alphabetical order, when they run out of room, the rest of the alphabet shows up in the oddest locations.

Oh, you want nutmeg? It's not between the "M"s and "O"s, it's over there with the baking spices. Peppercorns? No, not in the "P"s but over here in a separate Peppers section... No, sir, the chilies are not with the peppers, they have their own "Chilies" section.

You need a treasure map...

$35? You got out cheap Andy! They do that rearranging so you have to wander the store every time and see things you had no intention of buying...but still do. Evil marketing. :devilish: Did it work?

We plan on going over to that location within the next month or so. Any chance I could get a map of their layout from you? ;) Never mind...I'll wander. And carry a big wallet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom