What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My thumb has healed. It's weird, but when I cut it, it went across like I was cutting off the tip of my thumb but not all the way through. There was this flap of skin sticking up and I instantly pushed it down and applied pressure to stop the bleeding. After the bleeding stopped I bandaged it in such a way to keep that flap pushed down on the cut. Yesterday, when I changed the bandage, the flap was sticking up again. I pushed it back down and re-bandaged. This morning, the flap was really popped up, so I gently put my other thumbnail under it and it lifted off and there was newly healed skin underneath! The flap was still attached a bit at the other end, but a little tug pulled it right off. The new skin is a little sensitive, but looks fine. Isn't body healing amazing?

Yay, another eagle cam watcher! :LOL:

Aren't they fascinating? I've been watching the Two Harbors Eagle Cam on Catalina Island, CA. There were 2 eggs, but 1 broke. :( The remaining eaglet hatched the last week of March. I love seeing the Mom and Dad's shift changes, and how they so tenderly feed the little guy tiny bits of fish.

I just looked a few minutes ago, and Dad is sitting on the nest with his wing spread out, shading little guy from the sun. :wub:

Two Harbors Bald Eagle Nest Cam, Ustream.TV: A live view of the Two Harbors Bald Eagle nest on Santa Catalina Island, California.The nest is active from Fe...

I wondered what happened with those eagles. I watched them two years ago, but didn't hear a thing about them last year. Thanks for the link.

I wish I could get a hawk cam in my tree...

Working my way to going to bed, have laundry to do tomorrow. I'll be back to working on Mondays again until we get a replacement in the Long term Care MDS office...the new hire was a crazy lunatic and was shown the door. So, I'm the back-up and the only one wanting the extra hours right now.

Sounds like you showed her the wrong door. Shouldn't she have gone to the locked down ward? :angel:

I'm doing laundry while finishing up my neighbour's taxes. I will be taking them, along with my Dad's last return, to the taxation centre tomorrow...no e-filing them with the heartbleed bug!

I am planning to go to the pool tonight as I didn't get there this morning. Since I had my big meal at noon, I plan to go around 5 and then have a light salad or something after. I am always quite hungry when I am finished pool walking.

I'm doing laundry while finishing up my neighbour's taxes. I will be taking them, along with my Dad's last return, to the taxation centre tomorrow...no e-filing them with the heartbleed bug!

I am planning to go to the pool tonight as I didn't get there this morning. Since I had my big meal at noon, I plan to go around 5 and then have a light salad or something after. I am always quite hungry when I am finished pool walking.
The CRA seems to be on top of the heartbleed bug. They shut down their online services quickly and have patched and tested their site and it is now safe. They even admit that they were breached. ~900 SINs were captured. They will be notifying those people by registered mail.

A heads up to all the Canadians here. The CRA will only contact people about this by registered mail. They will not be contacting people by email or by phone. So, if you get a phone call or an email claiming to be from the CRA about the heartbleed bug, it's a scam.

Statement by the Commissioner of the Canada Revenue Agency on the Heartbleed bug

The CRA seems to be on top of the heartbleed bug. They shut down their online services quickly and have patched and tested their site and it is now safe. They even admit that they were breached. ~900 SINs were captured. They will be notifying those people by registered mail.

A heads up to all the Canadians here. The CRA will only contact people about this by registered mail. They will not be contacting people by email or by phone. So, if you get a phone call or an email claiming to be from the CRA about the heartbleed bug, it's a scam.

Statement by the Commissioner of the Canada Revenue Agency on the Heartbleed bug

Thanks, Taxy. I have to file Dad's on paper anyway because it is a final filing just for interest on the estate in 2013. There is nothing owed or refundable, just the necessary paperwork. As for my neighbour, she is not computer savy and wants it done by hand she would mail it, but I am taking Dad's in anyway and the office is only 10-15 minutes away.

I didn't make it to the pool. The building across the street from us had a fire scare and I couldn't get out. It turned out to be minor, but there were three fire trucks and one person was taken away with smoke inhalation. I think they just burned something on the stove, but it triggered her asthma. There is always something exciting going on here! The ambulance driver saw me when I went to see if I could get the van out and joked that when he saw the address he was surprised it wasn't me! :ohmy: :blush:

Fiddling around the kitchen doing chores, hoping to keep myself awake long enough to see at least part of the lunar eclipse. :) It's a clear view, no city lights from here, and the moon is so bright now it's casting shadows across the lawn. So pretty.

My thumb has healed...There was this flap of skin sticking up and I instantly pushed it down and applied pressure to stop the bleeding. After the bleeding stopped I bandaged it in such a way to keep that flap pushed down on the cut...
Whenever I cut myself that way I end up clipping the flap of skin off once the new skin has "set". I use my cuticle clippers, wiping the blade part and my finger with a cotton ball soaked with rubbing alcohol (yes you feel a little pinch, but it's not bad) and then clipping the skin as close to the finger as possible. Don't have to worry about the flap catching on anything since it basically turned into a piece of dead skin. My super cleaning prep has made sure I never (knock on wood) have had an infection or any other problem.

Time for an update from Regensburg!
Frank is awake since friday, he is still quite confused, yesterday he told me there is a monster standing next to his bed…
It also adds that they stopped his strong pain-meds, so he surely has withdrawal Symptoms.
He breathes all on his own, he gets normal Food, had his First coffee and even got a TV…

I can't tell you, how glad I am!!!

Cara, thanks for the update. I have been wondering how he is doing! I am so happy for you both! I know that withdrawal feeling. I was having some real strange visions when I had all that morphine and antibiotics in February with my liver problems.

I am sending you both big hugs, with lots of happy thoughts and prayers. Do you know how long he will have to stay in the hospital?

Cara, I've been thinking about you and Frank. Thanks so much for sharing his good news. Well, except for the monster at the side of his bed. Praying he continues his recovery quickly. Hang in there!

Frank is awake since friday, he is still quite confused, yesterday he told me there is a monster standing next to his bed…
It also adds that they stopped his strong pain-meds, so he surely has withdrawal Symptoms.
He breathes all on his own, he gets normal Food, had his First coffee and even got a TV…

That is such wonderful news! Best wishes and prayers for continued strength to both of you. :wub:

Last edited:
Fiddling around the kitchen doing chores, hoping to keep myself awake long enough to see at least part of the lunar eclipse. :) It's a clear view, no city lights from here, and the moon is so bright now it's casting shadows across the lawn. So pretty.

It was far too rainy here last night for me to even try to see the eclipse :(

Very good news, Cara. Will continue to send forth good thoughts and wishes for a quick recovery!

Back
Top Bottom