What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm watching BBQ Pitmasters and Googling a new steak they are cooking, Vegas Strip. Has anyone run across one yet?

That was one of the links I found.
The guy invented flat iron steak. I'm not discounting his latest "discovery", which is really nothing more than different butchering.

Yes. It's unbelievably overpriced NY Strip. It was not bad for the newest designer meat to hit the market.

Are you comparing it to NY Strip in flavor, texture and (over)price?
I couldn't find any articles saying which steak it was most like... nor the price.

Duking it out with a migraine that I woke up with. Went to work long enough to get everything done that had to be done today, then came home and went to bed. Got up a bit ago and still have a nagging throb in the back of my head and nausea.

Watching, The Voice, and then back to bed.

Duking it out with a migraine that I woke up with. Went to work long enough to get everything done that had to be done today, then came home and went to bed. Got up a bit ago and still have a nagging throb in the back of my head and nausea.

Hope you feel better soon, PF.

I have found that when ever I get a migraine and feel nauseous, if I give in and let myself throw up, the headache goes away. It is not the most pleasant cure for the headache, but it works for me. :angel:

I am nursing some very painful thighs. I went to physical therapy today. They have a new machine that is supposed to emulate a bicycle. It is supposed to strengthen both legs and my arms. Well, I was on it for seven minutes at it's least resistance. My thighs are hurting so bad, I can hardly walk. When I am go upstairs or have to step up anytime to a higher level, I have to do it with my right leg. If I lead off with my left leg it buckles right under me. So I am hoping that by working out at least once a week right now, will strengthen the thigh on my left leg. Going up a flight of stairs is a nightmare for me. I go up baby step style. One step at a time. Halfway up, I have to stop and rest. And hopefully I will be able to walk for more then ten feet. The one thing I was worried about the most, never occurred. I thought it may create some stress on my heart. No difference from when I started than when I finished. I have to admit, they really took every element of my health before they even let me sit on the machine. I was feeling that I was somewhat coerced into using the machine. Now I am looking forward to using it. Right now I am signed up for once a week. But if it does what I want to get out of it, I will increase my sessions to twice or more a week.

Will report back after May 1st and let you know how it is going. :angel:

Agreed Andy. The steak it self was fine. Excellent maybe. But worth the price over a NY Strip or a Rib Eye....no way.

Sorry Pacanis, I had hoped to answer your question.

If you can give me a comparison to a more known/established steak, that will answer my question. Or did you think it compared to NY Strip? It looked similar to flank steak to me with the marbling. Although on the show I was watching it appeared to have a filet texture when cut.

I have found that when ever I get a migraine and feel nauseous, if I give in and let myself throw up, the headache goes away. It is not the most pleasant cure for the headache, but it works for me. :angel:

Trust me I would if I could...

I am putt, putt putting my way around my apartment with every step I take. And if I am not walking, then my innards are growling like I have a lion inside me. I have no idea what is going on, but feel I am in for a big surprise. :angel:

I've been listening to my baseball team flush another one down the commode while playing on DC. What I'm really doing is avoiding work though! :LOL: Gotta get the dishwasher going and sheets on beds so I can sleep sometime tonight. Might even fall into bed before it's time to wake up the birds!

I've been listening to my baseball team flush another one down the commode while playing on DC. What I'm really doing is avoiding work though! :LOL: Gotta get the dishwasher going and sheets on beds so I can sleep sometime tonight. Might even fall into bed before it's time to wake up the birds!

I should be doing laundry. Instead I sit here playing with my friends.

We had a tree across the street from our house. My father would go out in the morning and shake the tree to wake up the birds for me. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom