What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ooh, that's too bad. It just sucks when trying to improve hurts. But it's sometimes necessary.

I have a somewhat guarded opinion about Physical Therapists. (Sounds like yours was good). But when a MaryJane Hardbody is my PT I get a little worried. :)

Nope, not these girls. There are duly trained and licensed physical therapist who work with geriatric patients every day. If I had said "No thank you, not interested, that would have been the end of it. But I am the one who showed an interest in strengthening my legs. I can run but can't climb even a small set of steps. They checked my oxygen level and heart rate before they would even let me sit on it. :angel:

Franks physiotherapist is great! He finds the right words to motivate but he also knows, when it's enough.

I forgot to wish all sufferers a "get well soon"!
I am a bit focused on my own things at the moment, I'm sorry for that…

LP, if you make sure to label the bread as gluten free, they probably won't get stolen. ;)

It is labeled gluten free and the first time they broke in they didn't steal any of the bread products, gluten free or some regular buns we had for company. And if they steal the cake, it is less temptation for me - they are just play cakes for me, not any set job. :)

But our fence is now over 6 feet high and I dare them to try and get over it without getting caught!

Franks physiotherapist is great! He finds the right words to motivate but he also knows, when it's enough.

I forgot to wish all sufferers a "get well soon"!
I am a bit focused on my own things at the moment, I'm sorry for that…

Thanks, Cara! We know about Frank, how are you doing?

I've walked with crutches. The ends of the crutches are well padded, so it doesn't hurt much.

The first time I broke my foot, I was on crutches for six weeks. After the first week, your underarm muscles don't even notice you are using them. If I had to go on them today, I doubt I would have the physical strength. It would have to be a wheelchair for me.

Cara I am so happy Frank is doing so well. When the weather gets better, take him outside in the wheelchair for a breath of fresh air. There is nothing like a deep breath of fresh Spring air, to lift one's spirits. :angel:

Regarding crutches, you are not supposed to rely on your underarms to support you. In fact you should be able to get three fingers vertically between the crutch pad and your underarm. All the weight and support should be on your hands. Of course some of us, like me, don't have strong enough arms for that so good padding on the crutch tops does help.

After my accident that fractured my back, I was given a no-wheeled walker at first. This was no good because I didn't have enough strength in my legs (as I am sure is the case with Frank), so I was given a pair of crutches and was told to use them as above. This helped both my arms and legs get stronger.

He is advised by the physiotherapist to do it right. He is doing quite good, so the therapist allowed and advised him to use them for Short walks in the Room ;o)

We were out the the Café again today, for a cake and a coffee. It is wonderful weather here in Regensburg and he really enjoyed it, Even if it is still exhausting, because his broken plexus starts to hurt when he sits for longer.

I feel much better these days, as we get back to some kind of normality. The days on the ICU were much worse.
Every Second day I go into the City to get him something, today it were shoes and padded gloves for the crutches.

He is advised by the physiotherapist to do it right. He is doing quite good, so the therapist allowed and advised him to use them for Short walks in the Room ;o)

We were out the the Café again today, for a cake and a coffee. It is wonderful weather here in Regensburg and he really enjoyed it, Even if it is still exhausting, because his broken plexus starts to hurt when he sits for longer.

I feel much better these days, as we get back to some kind of normality. The days on the ICU were much worse.
Every Second day I go into the City to get him something, today it were shoes and padded gloves for the crutches.

Normalcy is so comforting. And shoes? Wow, he really is coming along. :angel:

It's been a couple years... I just placed an order for some chicks. I'm missing my fresh eggs.

Pac, just think how lucky you are I live all the way over here and can't throw you a baby shower.

With chicks! :LOL:

;) So what are you going to do if they all turn out to be roosters?

:angel:

You three do realize you all just had me laughing so hard I went into a horrible coughing spree that had Violet spooked and TB wanting to know if I needed an ambulance! :ermm:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the chuckles, they are always a good cure for what ails you!

Well I have officially lost my voice. Violet doesn't like me coughing or sounding gravelly so I am not saying much at all around her. And any time I do try to talk I end up coughing uncontrollably (see note below! ;)).

I even am messaging TB in the next room to say I am shutting down for the night and going to bed. Hopefully the new cough medicine we picked up today will do the trick. It is a prescription one and is supposed to help me to sleep.

So, I am off to bed and hoping this will be the turning point with this bout of bronchitis.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom