What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A friend of mine (she was my choir director for a while) had one of those direct-marketing "parties". A product called "Wildtree" that sells mixes and seasoning of organic ingredients. We got to sample all kinds of foods using their dips and seasonings and such. It wasn't bad but I couldn't justify the costs. Not that they were priced way more than similar seasoning blends by Penzeys or Tastfully Simple, it's just that I have my own personal and vast Penzeys inventory to use! :LOL:

I'm about to head to the basement, throw a load of clothes into the washer, and set the delay start for 9 hours from now (I can set delay starts in three-hour intervals). Just after noon the washer will start without any help from me. Now all I have to do is remember to head down to the basement about 1:30 PM to flip the clothes into the dryer.

Then I'll be off to bed. *yawn*

I just got up a while ago. For once I wasn't awake all night. So maybe I can get some daytime chores done today. I did keep waking up off and on all night with Restless Leg Syndrome. I think it is time to up my dosage of Gabapentin. At one time I was on eight capsules a day. Then I was reduced right after my surgery to two a day. Then they upped it up to four a day.

Right now I am enjoying my first cup of coffee. Then I have to get moving and do the few dishes in the sink. That is a ten second job. I went into the fridge to get the ½&½ and there right in front are two containers of Gulden's mustard. Hmmm... The biggest one is empty and has been in there for ages and the other one is a squeeze bottle, new. I tossed the big one and all of a sudden started looking for some other stuff. My fridge is now half empty. By the time I got back to my cup of waiting coffee, I had to put it in the zappy machine to heat it up again. :angel:

I am dismantling robins' nests this morning. It's amazing how fast they can get the initial ring built again.
Don't need any robins on my deck by my grill. Stupid birds. And the sad thing is, once they get a notion to build a nest somewhere, they keep trying to re-build it no matter how many times I knock it down.

I am dismantling robins' nests this morning. It's amazing how fast they can get the initial ring built again.
Don't need any robins on my deck by my grill. Stupid birds. And the sad thing is, once they get a notion to build a nest somewhere, they keep trying to re-build it no matter how many times I knock it down.

Pac,

Is it in a location where you can tack up a few strips of cloth or a few empty beer cans or aluminum pie pans that will flap in the breeze. It should only need to be up for a couple of weeks until they relocate.

I have tried something similar in the past. They move a few feet.
It seems like once they get their mind made up on a location that's it.

Our robins are a different species and you only get one in a garden as they are very territorial. Mine's been around all winter but I haven't seen any building activities yet.

Mrs Wren isn't making use of the blue tits' box this year. Wren's are rather sweet domestically. Mr Wren seeks out nesting spots and shows several to Mrs Wren for her to select the one she likes best!

Goldfinches are around this month. Haven't seen them in this garden before. It'll be interesting to see if they raise a brood.

If you lived here, Pac, you'd be had up by the long arm of the law over for destroying birds' nests! Wouldn't it be easier to move the grill rather than the nests? Unless your grill is built in, of course.

I left Horse to be fed and watered by the staff this am and I've got lots done. Sorted out a load of chaos in my bedroom, chased some money that the gas company owed me, paid a couple of bills, tidied up my knitting stuff, made a dozen chocolate cup cakes and iced them with Nuttella for an afternoon tea thing I'm going to this afternoon and remembered to get the chicken out of the freezer for tonight and in a minute I'm going to have a shower and get dressed (It's 3.15pm but I'm always more productive domestically when still in my PJs).

Last edited:
Perhaps I should build a porch on the other side of the house and use that until the nest is no longer needed. :rolleyes:

With all that space you have on your property, you'd think they would pick someplace you didn't frequent.

You would think. Now I know what Kimber has been barking at when she's looking out the storm door.
I keep setting stuff where the nest is and they keep building next to whatever is in the way :LOL: These guys are master builders. They were already mudding the foundation last time the wrecking crew came through.

I went to my favorite annual herb sale this morning and got a load of plants. In addition to the herbs, I bought five succulents. I've seen several interesting ways to display them. Now to pick one.

I am feeling much more rested after the codeine cough syrup last night knocked me out. I had a few coughing spells but nothing like the past nights. I am planning a resting day to try and get over this bronchitis as quickly and completely as possible.

One thing I really want to do today is plant my herb seedlings. I am so proud of them.

TB can pick up my dirt and pots as he needs some items to finish the fence - the contractor raised it, but left holes on the bottom that even Violet could get under if she wanted to! We have decided we are not going to get him back again, it is not worth the trouble. We are also not going to recommend him to anyone either!

Pac, when we moved in here, the front outside light above the door had it's cover hanging on two screws. We moved in the fall so noticed it but with all we wanted/needed to do inside it wasn't a priority. In the spring a robin started building a nest inside it. We found out that this was the "norm" in the complex. The lights were installed incorrectly and the covers didn't fit. The robins liked the warmth of the bulb and the covers were just the right size and distance from the light. Needless to say, we had to duck often coming in the door. As soon as we were able to we changed the fixture and no more nests.

So I understand your frustration.

We had that problem with Sparrows building nests right on the front door steps.One day I walked out forgot to duck and cover at least put a hat on.
That little sucker dropped a bomb on me.*SPLAT!*
We fixed that problem pronto. Must have been because I wasn't too happy.:LOL:

My husband went to a garden center and bought the biggest fake plastic owl that he could find. Hung it up.
Problem solved. They don't like Owls. HOOOOT-HOOOOT...

Munky.

Pac in an owl suit...

Any way, enough of that picture in my head. Costco run, Shrek made his own list, personally I can't think of anything we NEED...

Pac in an owl suit...

Any way, enough of that picture in my head. Costco run, Shrek made his own list, personally I can't think of anything we NEED...

You actually go to Costco to get things you NEED? :LOL: We spent $400 the other day on frozen berries, pineapple, chicken wings and lactaid pills!:wacko:

You actually go to Costco to get things you NEED? :LOL: We spent $400 the other day on frozen berries, pineapple, chicken wings and lactaid pills!:wacko:

We can't get out of Costco for less than $400. Good thing the closest Costco is 45 minutes away.

We can't get out of Costco for less than $400. Good thing the closest Costco is 45 minutes away.
I once got out of Costco with a receipt for less than $100. I have to say it that way, 'cause I bought a carton of cigarettes (they are at a separate cash) and the total of the two receipts was closer to $150.

Back
Top Bottom