What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yikes, LP! Glad no one was hurt. People really need to be more aware when they're driving. Last year I was in the drive thru at KFC and saw a truck backing up, he wasn't looking where he was going and backed up into another car and drove off. :ohmy: He managed to hit the only other car in an otherwise empty parking lot, sheesh. :LOL: Another witness and I got his license number and gave it to the owner of the damaged car when she came out. :)

GG, what a wonderful bounty you're going to have! I wish I had room for a garden but my backyard is all lawn and the front yard is pine trees and rock gardens. Desert landscaping. :) I've grown tomatoes in containers in the past and they did great, but didn't get around to it this year. Next year for sure. Good luck with your tomatoes and veggies, and the peanuts, too! :)

Last edited:
Ooops, forgot to say....I'm having a lazy day today. Watched a movie this morning and cleaned up the kitchen. That's about it. There is so much I should be doing. :ermm::LOL:

Got a bit of a surprise. Hooked up the hose for the first time this spring to wash out the birdbaths. Not only did it spray from the hookup place, it also had sprung a number of leaks along the length. I got a nice cold face wash and a full body shower too! Time for a new hose.

Last edited:
OMG!!! Finally got the new curtains up in the living room after tearing down the ugly vertical blinds. I'm thinking about ambushing an Ogre...he makes no sense sometimes and just does not listen. Then at the end he looks at me like I'm the one who gave him the wrong information. We have perfect 4 1/2 inch gaps at each end of the window. I'm going to go get some gold sheers to drape from the ends of the curtain rod.

Far less ambitious than PF, I've been lazing around in my fleecy jammies all day trying to figure out how much to charge s/one who has asked me to cook for him 3x/week. I'm thinking $20/hour (and leaving the dishes for him to clean up). Of course, he has to buy the groceries. Thoughts? Actually, he wants me to teach him how to cook using ingredients that are available locally and in-season...it is a 12-minute drive to his house. Is $20/hour reasonable?

Far less ambitious than PF, I've been lazing around in my fleecy jammies all day trying to figure out how much to charge s/one who has asked me to cook for him 3x/week. I'm thinking $20/hour (and leaving the dishes for him to clean up). Of course, he has to buy the groceries. Thoughts? Actually, he wants me to teach him how to cook using ingredients that are available locally and in-season...it is a 12-minute drive to his house. Is $20/hour reasonable?
Is this a friend? Will you be eating too? Otherwise, I think it's a bit low.

Not really. What would you charge?
I dunno, $25 or $30/ hour. Have you taught for pay before? Will you be making shopping lists for him or will you be expected to come with something based on what he buys? Do you know how well stocked his kitchen is? Spices, condiments, sauces, flour, etc.

Oh, and if there is a chance you will do it for other people, on his recommendation, raise your price and give him a discount. Then if you feel you should charge other people more, they won't have heard the lower price. ;)

Not really. What would you charge?

CWS, a guy came by a week or so ago and made a fresh salad for free for us. He's expanding his home cooking business in our area. This sounds like something you might be trying to replicate. I do my own cooking and have no interest in hiring someone to do it for me, but it might give you some ideas, here's the website he shared:
www.healthycookingusa.com

Last edited:
CWS, a guy came by a week or so ago and made a fresh salad for free for us. He's expanding his home cooking business in our area. This sounds like something you might be trying to replicate. I do my own cooking and have no interest in hiring someone to do it for me, but it might give you some ideas, here's the website he shared:
www.healthycookingusa.com
I really wasn't planning on doing this. I have had several friends tell me that I should...I have three friends that always call me to ask how to make this or that, but no, I wasn't thinking of this as a business. This person has had health problems and is trying to eat healthier--lives alone in this HUGE house, doesn't drive, has everything delivered. I do shopping for him as a "gig" (although I feel guilty charging him for my time because I usually do his shopping when I do mine). I don't feel guilty charging him for gas.

Other than the homepage, I can't see anything.

Last edited:
... I'm thinking about ambushing an Ogre...he makes no sense sometimes and just does not listen. Then at the end he looks at me like I'm the one who gave him the wrong information....
You don't have to be an Ogre to be like this, just a guy. (Sorry men!)

GG, can we go shopping together on Tuesday? :D Pushing the grilling session to tomorrow means I should be home early rather than late. Besides, there will be a plethora of leftovers for Tuesday so I don't have to worry about Himself waiting for me. :cool::cool:

I am sitting in my office getting startled by a robin that just flew into my window. Bam! I fully expected to see him/her laying in the parking lot.

Bummer Pac.

I just got back inside from supervising one of Shreddy's excursions into the yard.

It was pretty funny yesterday. It was raining. He stood in the door and thought about it. Then he decided, yes. He walked the ~10 feet to where he usually munches grass. Looked at and sniffed the wet grass; turned around;, and trotted back into the house.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom