What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are slipped on as I get out of bed, and slipped off as I get back in. I have never liked going barefoot, even as a kid.

That is a great habit for every diabetic, I just can't do it! Wearing shoes at home prevents a lot of bumps, scrapes and scratches!

My Doctor harps at me to wear shoes all the time, he says wear them or some day you may not need them!

The guy has a great bedside manner! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Not sure about great bedside manner, AB, gah!

I bought 2 flats of plants the other day from the local greenhouse, as opposed to my usual 8-12 flats. I'm quite proud of myself! Just finished planting up a few whiskey barrels with hibiscus that I grow in big pots year 'round, along with dug-up Creeping Jenny that self-seeded, and some other stuff. That used up one flat. Now I just have tomatoes, peppers, and seeds to go. Over the years, I've put in so many perennials and shrubs that it would be rare to find a square inch in which to plant something new.

That is a great habit for every diabetic, I just can't do it! Wearing shoes at home prevents a lot of bumps, scrapes and scratches!

My Doctor harps at me to wear shoes all the time, he says wear them or some day you may not need them!

The guy has a great bedside manner! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

My husband is the same way. He has what he calls "tenner slippers." He cuts the tongue out of his old Nikes and removes the laces. Then he can just slip them off and on.

My dog is 13 years old and is not always good at telling us he has to go out, especially at night. Several times I have been very happy that I always have shoes on in the house!

I like him, no pussyfooting around!

He always tells me what I should do or have done and then he adds "of course you have the right to refuse treatment" and I usually do!

We get along just fine! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Heh. No "footing" around either! :LOL:

I am sitting here wondering if the recent myriad of snipey posts has something to do with the lack of stimulating cooking discussion threads... or even the lighthearted posts of everyday occurrences. Far too many doom and gloom posts here lately, IMO.
This has to be an all time low for post counts/day.
And before anyone can say it, I will, the weather had broken and everybody is outside now, lol. Yeah, nobody turns a computer on in Spring.
Oh, and I'm watching TV, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.
Just put some baby backs onthe Weber to smoke for dinner. First smoke of the season.

Pics... :D

or not :(

I had to carve up a whole leg of lamb for shish kebab for tomorrow night's dinner. It's been a lot of years since I've done this so it took a long time to do it carefully so I had big pieces to cut into cubes. There is a fair amount of trimming of silverskin and extra fat. I decided to do it this way because the boneless legs are pretty badly hacked up so it's not possible to get as much whole muscle to cube for kebabs.

I started with about a 12 Lb leg and ended up with 5.25 LB of kebabs, 1.6 Lb of other pieces of good lamb for stew, shepherds pie, etc. The rest was a big leg bone and trimmings.

Now it's cubed and in the fridge with pieces of onion and garlic getting delicious.

Glad to hear you are home, Cara. How is Frank feeling?

Better every day. The broken ribs and sternum are causing less trouble, even though he caught himself a cold. Coughing and sneezing are still not the best, but the rest is fine. :)
Moving around the flat with the crutches is absolutely no problem, only thing is, he is getting bored.
Today his colleague will stop here and bring his laptop, so he has a bit more than just the iPad ;o)

They are slipped on as I get out of bed, and slipped off as I get back in. I have never liked going barefoot, even as a kid.

Me either. When I go out on a gurney, I make sure I am wearing my slippers. I hate those socks they give you in the hospital. As a kid, I once stepped on a hornet's nest in the grass while I was running around barefoot. Lesson learned. Although I don't think there is any hornet's nest in my rug. :angel:

I am sitting here fuming at The Pirate. I take care of my belongings. I have stuff that they no longer even make replacement parts for.

So I bought a couple of rather large London broil steaks to grind up for hamburger meat. The Pirate who just has to have a hand in everything, wanted to do it for me. So I got out the grinder for my KA. Now when I bought that it only cost me $25.00. And my KA stand mixer cost me $60.00. Today, that food grinder costs $159.00 at Amazon. The Pirate had managed to lose the side nut along with the blade cutter. Fortunately I managed to find them down the drain sitting on top of the disposal blade. I still can't find the side nut.

Of course I will order another one and after it arrives the lost one will show up. :angel:

I'm about to head to the grocery store. We need eggs. I also want to get some stuff for Shreddy. I know he likes canned salmon and I want to find out if he likes sardines. He is bored to tears of most cat food. Gotta make his last days as nice as possible.

I'm about to head to the grocery store. We need eggs. I also want to get some stuff for Shreddy. I know he likes canned salmon and I want to find out if he likes sardines. He is bored to tears of most cat food. Gotta make his last days as nice as possible.

More Karma for you!

When one of my Dobies was dying from a heart problem caused by Lyme disease he didn't want to eat. I ground up lamb (his favorite) and fed it to him spoonful by spoonful, crying all the while.

It's the most heartbreaking thing to lose a pet (or a horse or anything you've cared for and loved.)

Cave, thank you so much for the suggestion of making it easier for Shreddy to get into his hammock. He is using the step and easily getting onto the little table/cart and into his hammock.

Cave, thank you so much for the suggestion of making it easier for Shreddy to get into his hammock. He is using the step and easily getting onto the little table/cart and into his hammock.

Sweet cakes! What a love.

I am sitting here wondering if the recent myriad of snipey posts has something to do with the lack of stimulating cooking discussion threads... or even the lighthearted posts of everyday occurrences. Far too many doom and gloom posts here lately, IMO.
This has to be an all time low for post counts/day.
And before anyone can say it, I will, the weather had broken and everybody is outside now, lol. Yeah, nobody turns a computer on in Spring.
Oh, and I'm watching TV, too.

I'm still here Pac. I have to stay inside because my lilac bushes are blooming. They kill me! I didn't know that until we planted them. Part of the reason there's fewer posts could be because if the error message I was getting all morning. Couldn't bring up any posts. It said that DC knew about it and was working on it. Was anyone else getting it? Was it me? Or DC?

I'm still here Pac. I have to stay inside because my lilac bushes are blooming. They kill me! I didn't know that until we planted them. Part of the reason there's fewer posts could be because if the error message I was getting all morning. Couldn't bring up any posts. It said that DC knew about it and was working on it. Was anyone else getting it? Was it me? Or DC?

Yes, I had trouble getting on yesterday as well. Kept getting an "oops" message, tried both iPads and the phone, as well as going to the regular site. Looks like everything is up and running fine today. Friends also had problems with Facebook yesterday. Must have been something in the water.

Just checked the oh so prolific apple tree blossoms, there's a lot of bee activity. I'm planting my peppers and tomatoes along with my cuke and bean seeds.

Last edited:
Yup, I got the database error message too. I got it a few days ago as well.

Back
Top Bottom