What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just thinking of how much I loathe math:

img_1365893_0_404f9d7289edd381d70e3ccce5074e70.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I love the final solution to the last problem. I would have done that before I even opened the book on day one of school. :angel:

It has been a pokey day. The Pirate is here. He worked for a half day. Now he is resting. So I sit down at the computer and open DC. There is a bunch of emails and I go through them one by one. The last one I opened tossed me for a loop.

It was from my niece. My sister's youngest daughter. I haven't heard from her in eight years. Her last sentence read,

"Auntie please call me. I am at BIH. I am so tired and all alone. My number is ..... . "

I collect myself and make the call. She has a blockage in both upper and lower intestines. Fortunately they were able to remove both without surgeries. But the kicker news was that she has cancer in her lung. Two tumors in the same lobe. She is on chemo and radiation. And she is responding to treatment. She is 57 years old. The same as my daughter. Her two siblings live in other states and she never sees them.

There were some hard feelings made at my sister's funeral. As a result, me and my kids have made no attempt to keep in touch with her children. Nor they with us. Today's phone call tells me it is time to mend some fences. My nieces message is speaking loud and clear to me. I don't know what the future holds for her, but to think she is going through this all alone is unthinkable. Everyone needs family. Even if it is once removed. My kids have a lesson to learn. :angel:

That paper is also how I felt when I was finding everything for Catina II!

UCK! I'm so happy that is all behind me!

With love,
~Cat

Finally getting my little one down for her morning nap. She went down with a fight today.

How true you are Addie! It's amazing how much you can get done in those moments when the little one isn't glued to your hip.

Getting ready for an appointment with our naturopath. She is helping us with our food intolerances and environmental allergies.

Then it is off to Home Depot to buy a new screen door and bathroom fan.

I am in the process of recertification for my apartment. I had to call Social Security for the letter of income. I forgot it is the first day after a holiday. But there was only a 30 minute wait. Not too bad, considering. The last time I contacted SS was to register for my SS check when I became of age for retirement. Almost 13 years ago. I tried to do it all on line and it wouldn't let me in. So I had to do it by phone.

Then I tried to take a nap and my phone just kept ringing and ringing. It seems everyone wants to talk to me today. No nap.

I really should try to eat something. I am not hungry but I need to eat.

So I sit here wondering what to do next. :angel:

I just spent a half an hour on the phone doing tech sup for a friend. She posts listings of local cultural events on a website. She couldn't do her listings because "Everything moved to the left and I can't see half of what I type." She thought it was a monitor problem, so she tapped the "auto" button on the monitor - nothing. I had her open FireFox. She described various stuff to me. Eventually I asked her to open her email, ThunderBird. It opened without the problem. Then I had her open Open Office, again, no problem. "Okay, it's a problem with FF, not your computer, and not your monitor." Eventually I figured out that FF wasn't maximized. "Click the square next to the red rectangle with the x." "Oh! That fixed it." :blink: She's been using Windows since Win95 :rolleyes:

Veggin' in the recliner. It's graduation time of year and I've been involved in festivities, potlucks, etc. for the past week. I'm about ready to drop. LOL. One more grad celeb to attend tomorrow, then I plan on sleeping for the next few days. :ermm::LOL:

You put it better than I could have. ;)

Hey guys, I didn't write "buying a screen door and a fan FOR the bathroom". So I wasn't walking into an ambush! :angel:

We didn't end up going anyway - TB had a little trouble with a blood test so I had to drive him straight home.

Last edited:
I forget what it was but I read an article regarding Swiss yodeling. Now I can do Western yodeling easy. So I googled Swiss yodeling and got a plethora of videos. I watched a few to see what it was that made it so different. Forget it. I will never be able to make my throat do that. Their pitch is much higher than Western yodeling.

Next I googled some special pieces of Mozart and was listening to them. Okay, enough of that. So I googled Abba music and am now downloading it. That should keep me happy for the rest of the day. :angel:

Trying to wake up, forgot to set the alarm. Woke up right before it would go off, so I laid there for a minute and then suddenly it was an hour later. Thank Goodness for starving cats.

Back
Top Bottom