What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for all the kind words and hugs. Yes, my regular vet clinic gave me the phone number of a vet who works at the clinic one day a week and makes house calls. They also gave me the number of a service that will come to the house if I can't schedule the vet who works at the clinic.

Hugs for all three of you. I'm glad Shreddy had the chance to go outside and wander.

I'm so sorry, Taxlady. I came in late, I'm guessing Shreddy is your cat. You both are in my prayers and my thoughts.

Bless you both. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. ((((HUG))))

Thanks again everyone. The vet clinic I used to take him to now has two of its vets who do home euthanasia. I left my name and number and should have a call tomorrow. I'm so glad I asked about home euthanasia. It wasn't easily available in 2007 when I Sucha died.

CCL, yes Shrederik is my 18.5 y.o. tomcat. I have had him since he was 10 weeks old. He's a very sweet boy, handsome too. He has tumours that are probably cancerous. He was diagnosed 22 April and the vet said a few weeks, so I knew it was coming. I'm going to miss my sweet Shreddy so much.

Thanks again everyone. The vet clinic I used to take him to now has two of its vets who do home euthanasia. I left my name and number and should have a call tomorrow. I'm so glad I asked about home euthanasia. It wasn't easily available in 2007 when I Sucha died.

CCL, yes Shrederik is my 18.5 y.o. tomcat. I have had him since he was 10 weeks old. He's a very sweet boy, handsome too. He has tumours that are probably cancerous. He was diagnosed 22 April and the vet said a few weeks, so I knew it was coming. I'm going to miss my sweet Shreddy so much.

This will be a very hard day for you, taxy I know. My heart goes out to you but after the grief will come the knowledge that you did the right thing. I've had to have many animals euthanized and a few done at home. The vets I had were very kind and understanding.

Today I did my huge shopping trips, so I'm spending this afternoon coming up with meal ideas with my goodies. It's one of my favorite things to do.

The groceries are put away and prepped for freezing except for a couple of packages of green onions that I'll need to chop and freeze. I'm so glad the shopping is done.

I'm also making a list of things that I either forgot or couldn't find. It's okay though, because a couple of my prescriptions got messed up and I'll have to go to the store again soon, once I get them straightened out.

I love making that big once a month shopping trip to the grocery store. It gives you such a sense of satisfaction. My home is filled with nourishing food and if I have someone drop by, I can give them food for thought as well as just homemade food. There are some foods I repeat every month. Small can of baked beans, eggs, half and half, etc. Those items never get removed from the list. Then I check the weekly flyer for the store. I am looking for sale items. Hence the clam chowder for supper last night. Little Neck clams were on sale. I also pick up items for a recipe I want to try but don't have the items in the house. Providing they aren't too expensive. :angel:

Me too, Addie. I like having the variety to choose from.

Two of my prescriptions were messed up yesterday, but available today. It was a good thing because I had about 9 items I still needed to get.

I go through my register tapes to make a note of what goodies I bought and make sure I have the necessary ingredients to make the dishes I come up with.

I am eating the zucchini spaghetti I just made with my Vegetti. I thought I'd try it since several people online told me they had one and liked it. It's easy to shred the zucchini into strands, like spaghetti. I sauteed it in a little olive oil and butter then sprinkled it with salt, pepper and some parmesan cheese. Pretty good! I'm going to try it with meat sauce next time I made spaghetti for DH.

That sounds good, Carol. :yum: I've never heard of a Vegetti, I'll have to look that up.

----------------------

I've been in crazy cleaning mode all day today, and am finally settling in to relax. I sure do love those Swiffers with the adjustable handles that can reach all the way from baseboards to ceiling fans. Really accomplished a lot today and hope I've tired myself out enough to sleep really well tonight. :sleep::)

I'm remembering a wonderful lady whom I have had the pleasure of knowing for the past 15 years. She was 89 years young (the same age my parents would be) and passed away this afternoon after a lengthy illness. She was palliative the last week and visitors were encouraged but I couldn't go. I had enough of that with my Dad and I wanted the memories of spontaneous lunches, laughs about nothing in particular and the time she "bought" TB and I at a slave auction to raise money for our youth group to paint a room. She picked her garage and had us paint it light pink to make it "cheery"! My heart has a hole in it tonight, but I know she is better off - no more pain.

I am also baking cake for an order I have for Saturday. It is a big one, a grad banquet for 160+ people but I am having real fun with it. all the decorations are made and it is just the cake and covering it in fondant.

We have influenza running through the facility and have lost a few residents this past week. It is heart rending. Most of the staff, including me, are on Tamiflu and many of the staff are out, too! Rough week.

Today is house cleaning day, got that done and got the sheets hanging on the wash lines (it is a beautiful sunny day today). DH just left , he is redoing our granddaughters kitchen cabinets. We are having a birthday party on Saturday for DH. Sure wish everyone could be here.:-(

We have influenza running through the facility and have lost a few residents this past week. It is heart rending. Most of the staff, including me, are on Tamiflu and many of the staff are out, too! Rough week.

Oh dear, PF, so sorry. Praying you stay healthy and it doesn't spread any further.

I am running on 3 solid hours sleep and a few cat naps in the night. I have to get this insomnia in check soon as it is affecting other aspects of my health.

I am about to start baking another layer to the cake. I found a recipe for "fudge rocks" so am going to add some of those to the decorations. My helper is coming over again so I will get her on that one.

I love that sound.
Me too!..My husbands nephew is deaf, was born that way. The other day we were visiting Dh's sister & it started to rain & someone said/signed..."It sounds like rain". The nephew signed saying "What does rain sound like"..How would you explain? I was speechless.

I'm still following https://twitter.com/RCMPNB

For anyone who hasn't heard, there's a guy in Moncton NB who killed three RCMP officers and shot two more last night. They are still looking for him. The Pinehurst neighbourhood in Moncton is still under lockdown.

What the heck is the matter with people?

I'm still following https://twitter.com/RCMPNB

For anyone who hasn't heard, there's a guy in Moncton NB who killed three RCMP officers and shot two more last night. They are still looking for him. The Pinehurst neighbourhood in Moncton is still under lockdown.

What the heck is the matter with people?

Canada is much more civilized than we are, and hasn't had a shooting for a year and a half. This knocked me for a loop too. Hope they get him soon.

Taxy, we have been following it too. So sad. The last one I remember were the four officers in Alberta.

We also heard that Seattle had a shooter kill one and injure several this evening. What is the world coming to?

I am trying to get over the huge cake blunder I made tonight. I am under the gun to get a very large cake done for Saturday and had the second of two 15" cakes which make up the bottom tier all ready to go. The batter looked a little thick so I thought I had added an extra cup of flour. So, I added a bit of milk and put it in the oven. It would change the texture a bit, but not much. Well, 1/2 way through the 1 hour back I walk into the kitchen to see the measured cup of oil still sitting there. :wacko:

It has been a particularly rough day so I pulled the half baked cake out of the oven, stirred it like a fool, added the oil, stirred it some more and put it back in the oven. I knew it wouldn't work but it sure felt good!

Even us career bakers do silly stuff! I will be up early to make it all over again.

Back
Top Bottom