What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH and I are washing my car and trying to get the salt marks out of the carpet.
Soap and water is not working. If you have any ideas what might work please let me know. Thanks, Jo

DH and I are washing my car and trying to get the salt marks out of the carpet.
Soap and water is not working. If you have any ideas what might work please let me know. Thanks, Jo

I use vinegar to get it off my boots. Comes off like a charm. :angel:

Just got back from the deli in the town center with an Italian sub for lunch. This has become a routine for Friday lunch. The sub is soooo good!

I use vinegar to get it off my boots. Comes off like a charm. :angel:

DH took a brush and rub the salt loose and then he took 1/2vinegar and 1/2 warm water and rubbed this in. Some of the salt came up but he will have to have to do it again hopefully to get the rest out of the carpet.

Good luck with that carpet JoAnn.

I decided to play around here to rest my legs a bit. Long, busy day, with a few more things to do. But I enjoyed stopping by for a bit - see you all when a get a real job around here accomplished.

Good seeing you pop in CG. We look forward to the next time.

I am trying to figure out what supplies I need to finish this cake for tomorrow. I am having a very bad fibromyalgia flare and with the pain and fatigue from that, combined with the heat from the weather and the oven, I haven't been having an easy time of it. Thankfully it is a fun and not too difficult a cake. I don't think doing a fussy wedding cake would be good right now, but except for the size of this one, the sandcastle is pretty straight forward.

TB will do my last shopping tomorrow for whipping cream, etc. - all the things I have to do last. The cream is for a ganach filling in the turrets. I feel this will stick better than buttercream or any other filling. I also forgot to get the ice cream cones for the tops of the turrets.

But when TB comes home I get a treat I have been waiting all day for. He purchased a small inflatable hot tub to help me with my aching muscles and it if is warm enough we will try it out tonight. Hey, even if it is a bit cool I think I am willing to give it a go! It is only about 3 feet deep, but I am able to get in okay on my own. There are no seats but we have a small stool that will work for me. I love my hubby! :)

Handy cats to have around. Mine does everything she can to get me to trip and fall, specially at night in the dark.

We have tied a short piece of neon pink cord to her collar so we can see her in the dark both around the house and in case she gets out. It is just long enough to hang down (about 3 inches) but not so it will get her in trouble.

Me too!..My husbands nephew is deaf, was born that way. The other day we were visiting Dh's sister & it started to rain & someone said/signed..."It sounds like rain". The nephew signed saying "What does rain sound like"..How would you explain? I was speechless.

Since he's been deaf since birth there would be nothing he could compare the "sound" to, but I would have taken his hand and drummed on it with my fingertips to signify the drops hitting on the roof etc.

Just got back from the Sat. morning Farmers Market, and bought some good stuff although my main reason for going was the knife sharpening guy who has a stand there. Took all of my knives that were in sad shape and now they're all just like new, if not better. It was money well spent to get them done by a professional at $5.00 each. Now I can maintain them.
I'm a happy camper and anxious to get chopping.

Hacked up and Foodsavered a nice pork loin, and it is now residing in the freezer. I so badly want to make some pulled pork, but we have a fridge full of leftovers to finish up before more can join them.

I just harvested some produce from the backyard - about 2 pounds of green beans and 1/2 pound of unshelled peas, plus a couple of Roma tomatoes. A neighbor's son kept the garden watered while we were away. Time to blanch and freeze the beans.

Attachments

• 1402173800536.jpg
    1402173800536.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Waiting for the running of the Belmont.

Having a "no stress" Saturday after a week of influenza, isolation, etc at work. Hopefully we can start admitting on Monday.

I'm feeling very relaxed and mellow.

TB bought "me" (read as us LOL) a mini inflatable hot tub so I can walk in water when I don't get to the pool and so I can relax my muscles since I can't get in either of our bathtubs even with the grab bars and TB's assistance. it is 6' square and 3' high, but just perfect for little laps and for me to stretch out from corner to corner. Even without the jets on, the warm water is so soothing. So yesterday and today I was in morning and night.

Perfect for after a big cake project - and I start another one tomorrow!

I am finishing up on yesterday's chores. Have laundry to fold and a very few pieces sitting in the sink waiting for attention. Then biscuits to make. Right now I am waking up and about to get my second cup of coffee. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom