What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just stripped a rotisserie chicken and started a broth with the carcass and skin. The breast meat got sliced for a sandwich for lunch and dinner will be the rest of the breast slices and wings in chicken gravy.

Meatloaf is sliced and packaged in meal size potions and frozen.

I'm just dawdling along on a cool and rainy day.

I;m dawdling, too...no pressing need to get to work until the discharges have left. I will probably only have 4 hours worth of work today. Thank Goodness for Paid Time Off pay...Next week back to the rush and hustle.

Have you ever seen a film of all the wilder beasts making their migrations and heard their constant mooing sound they make? Well that is what I sound like right now sitting here at the computer. I have the most miserable chest and head cold. I have on my heavy sweater and am wrapped up with a very large heavy bath towel that I was given as a gift. I only use it to wrap up in when I am sick. It is the length of my bed. But oh so warm. Winthrop has been checking on me with phone calls. I took a coughing spell while on the phone and they wanted to send an ambulance immediately thinking I had pneumonia. "If I had pneumonia, do you think I would be talking to you so calmly? I am not stupid, I know what signs to look for if I had pneumonia." Of course I miss my session at PT yesterday. I hate to lose any time there. I am doing so good strengthening my legs.

The Pirate stayed overnight Wednesday. He didn't get much sleep. All I did was cough. He kept listening to make sure I could catch my breath.

I guess I should stay in bed. But after one and a half days there I had to get up and stretch. And I need to make a cup of chicken bullion.

All the good news is, I ordered my Roomba. It should be here by the beginning of next week. I will have to get The Pirate to vacuum before it arrives. I don't want to overwhelm her on her first day on the job. Sort of like those women who clean before their housekeeper come? If it weren't for my birthday money, I still would be saving for her. I already have a name for her. Rosie. After the Jetson's maid. I wish I felt better. I would sound more excited than I do right now. I am toying with the idea of getting the floor washer next. But I am on the fence on that one. It cost more than Rosie did, and the idea makes me feel that I am just lazy. I already have the Shark floor steamer. It does the job. I only have two floors that need washing. They kitchen and bathroom. And together they aren't even as big as my big room. It all depends on my hips. How long can I stand to do the two floors. :angel:

Just got my hair cut and of course I had to stop at a garage sale on the way home. No luck though, I think it started yesterday. Oh well, am looking froward to going to Farmers Market in the morning.

Just got back from visiting my grandson's classroom. He showed off his work for the year and all he had done on his iPad that the school provides. I got him to autgraph my copy of his yearbook (made with printer paper and staples).

I;m dawdling, too...no pressing need to get to work until the discharges have left. I will probably only have 4 hours worth of work today. Thank Goodness for Paid Time Off pay...Next week back to the rush and hustle.

A perfect example of Parkinson's law "work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion"

Enjoy your day!

Eating our way through Busch Gardens at their Food & Wine Festival. Ireland, Scandinavia, and French Crepes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Attachments

• 1402677879581.jpg
    1402677879581.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 178
  • 1402677895554.jpg
    1402677895554.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 185
  • 1402677910917.jpg
    1402677910917.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 174
All the Friday vacuuming and floor scrubbing. laundry washed and on the line and bathrooms cleaned is done and I'm taking "5" until Glenn comes in with a couple of baskets of plums from our trees in the front yard. I plan on making a plum "something" for tonight's dessert.

The rest of the world of food....
It was great and I am stuffed. Now a 3 hour ride home Urp.

Attachments

• 1402683932045.jpg
    1402683932045.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 1402683948478.jpg
    1402683948478.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 165
  • 1402683965997.jpg
    1402683965997.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 153
  • 1402683984107.jpg
    1402683984107.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 1402684000739.jpg
    1402684000739.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 1402684016411.jpg
    1402684016411.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 171
Eating our way through Busch Gardens at their Food & Wine Festival. Ireland, Scandinavia, and French Crepes.

Geesh! Nobody like a showoff! You could have at least brought me along. I like crepes also you know. :angel:

Just got back from visiting my grandson's classroom. He showed off his work for the year and all he had done on his iPad that the school provides. I got him to autograph my copy of his yearbook (made with printer paper and staples).

Andy that sounds like a fun time. Does your grandson have to turn the iPad back in before school's end? :angel:

The rest of the world of food....
It was great and I am stuffed. Now a 3 hour ride home Urp.

Lol! Urp is right! Looks delish!

Went out and mulched some of the bare patches where some old friends bit the dust over winter. Dug out some of the brick paths, and pulled way too many weeds. Great crop of weeds this year.

Last edited:
Blitzed the kitchen today. The sun shining in through the windows showed up all the grubby finger marks on the doors and drawer fronts and other nasties so I set to and washed down the paintwork. How, when I rarely fry anything, does everything get so greasy?

It's put me in the mood - tomorrow I invade Poland - well, the dining room, anyway ;-D

Last edited:
Enjoy the victory, MC!

I scored discount tickets for Cher and Pat Benatar for an upcoming concert! Say what you will, but as Cher has said, what's your grandma doing now?

Last edited:
Feeling a bit down in the dumps...my brother (only sibling) hasn't been doing too well, a combination of medical and emotional issues. :( Sorry to put a downer here....might be a couple of days before I'm back.

Feeling a bit down in the dumps...my brother (only sibling) hasn't been doing too well, a combination of medical and emotional issues. :( Sorry to put a downer here....might be a couple of days before I'm back.

So sorry, Cheryl. {{{hugs}}}. Hope everything works out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom