What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While it is still cool, I'm off to pick strawberries, then grab some excess rhubarb from a friend, stop at the bank, LCBO for some strawberry wine (if they have any), and then home to continue my experiments with homemade vinegars. I'm going to roast the strawberries and rhubarb and try a batch of each. Might also throw some strawberries in the dehydrator to intensify the flavor (not dehydrate them all the way). We'll see. I also have some cherries to turn into vinegar. About mid August, I plan to create some amazing salads with these vinegars I've been making...can't wait to try maple syrup vinegar and date vinegar using sherry....

We just got back from a day rip to Burlington Vermont. Fantastic farmers market there. We bought some cheeses and wines.

Also did a tasting at a chocolate factory. Life is so hard. Learned a little about flavor elements in chocolate.

Sitting on my deck listening to a live band play every Beach Boy song ever written...... We don't know what's going on, it seems to be at some neighbors a little west of us. The music is good!
Babababarbaraann!!!!

Sitting on my deck listening to a live band play every Beach Boy song ever written...... We don't know what's going on, it seems to be at some neighbors a little west of us. The music is good!
Babababarbaraann!!!!

We have the Beach Boys coming to Boston for the Boston Pops Orch. concert on July 4th on the Esplanade. :angel:

Nice Addie!

So I figured out what was going on by putting a plea out in Facebook. It was a Corporate Party in a Custom Brokers parking lot in Canada......that's how close I live to the border lol! It was Al Jardine (original Beach Boy) David Marks ( original Beach Boy) and Dean Torrence of "Jan and Dean" they tour with a band they call Surf City Allstars.
It was great, I wish I had known it was happening, I probably could have gotten a birds eye view! No matter though, we could hear it quite well!

Nice Addie!

So I figured out what was going on by putting a plea out in Facebook. It was a Corporate Party in a Custom Brokers parking lot in Canada......that's how close I live to the border lol! It was Al Jardine (original Beach Boy) David Marks ( original Beach Boy) and Dean Torrence of "Jan and Dean" they tour with a band they call Surf City Allstars.
It was great, I wish I had known it was happening, I probably could have gotten a birds eye view! No matter though, we could hear it quite well!

Could you have gone up to the border and watched? Taking a beach chair? :angel:

Babababarbaraann!!!!

That better than we get. Lately, someone up the street has been playing bagpipes, or maybe just bagpipe music. DH said he feels like he's at a funeral.

I am sitting here doing anything but what I need and should be doing. Working on the grocery list. It is a chore I hate. I am leaving at seven in the morning with Spike to do my monthly trip.

The Pirate has finally developed a conscience. I feed him every time he comes here. And with prices rising, and considering I buy for only one, I had to call it to a halt. Every time he wants to know what I have to eat in the house, I tell him cereal. But no milk. He has decided to give me some money to buy some of the foods he likes. :angel:

Babababarbaraann!!!!

Oh how fun! I would really get into that, I love the old Beach Boys songs! "...oh wouldn't it be nice, if....." :whistling:cool::)

Addie, glad to hear your son is going to help out with groceries...with the cost these days, yikes. :ohmy:

I just came in from cleaning out the Weber, washing the patio table, and trimming some container plants. Going to make up a shopping list and head out to the grocery store bright and early in the morning. Hoping to grill some shrimp tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.

I'm trying to calm Violet down. There are fireworks going off for Canada Day and they scare her. For some reason she wouldn't let me put the Thundershirt on. Usually it helps to calm her and she lets us put it on no problem.

Stupid Idiot here reporting in. Spike took me shopping and when we got back I didn't have my leg far away from the door. So when I went to close the car door, the pointed end of the door caught my leg really good. Took a nice hunk of skin.

I did something today that I haven't done in years. I not only spent every bit of my food stamps, I went over by $2.00. I usually have about $60 left over for the rest of the month. And then when we got back, I went to get on my scooter down in the Community Room and noticed that I didn't shut it off. Fortunately if you accidently leave it on, it will shut itself off after a certain length of time. So now I have it charging up. This is going to be an interesting day. First the scooter, then the food stamps and last my leg. What else can I do to screw up the day? :angel:

We use an oscillating floor fan along with A/C to cool the house. It makes a significant difference. Sadly it broke last night so grandson and I are off to get a replacement this morning. We may be able to squeeze in a pizza for lunch or an ice cream.

We use an oscillating floor fan along with A/C to cool the house. It makes a significant difference. Sadly it broke last night so grandson and I are off to get a replacement this morning. We may be able to squeeze in a pizza for lunch or an ice cream.

Why not both? I think little grandson deserves anything his little heart desires. He is one great kid! And grandparents are supposed to spoil the grandkids. Didn't they teach you that at grandparent school? :angel:

Trust me, ladies. He does not want for much.

Oh we know that. He has a certain grandpa wrapped around his finger. I was thinking about the time you had surgery on your arm and how careful and caring he was with you. He is one heck of a great kid! :angel: And a special one for him. :angel:

We use an oscillating floor fan along with A/C to cool the house. It makes a significant difference...
I wondered about that. I would have tried it if I could find a good place to put it. I may try harder, since you say it makes a significant difference. Ours cools the house just fine, but it is aimed in such a way that it doesn't put a lot of cool air in Stirling's office, the one that has so many computers running that we don't have to heat it in winter. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom