What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Addie, you're probably feeling the effects of Arthur winding up.

Last night when the wind was supposed to be 5 knots or so, suddenly was rattling the windows with powerful gusts. The wind was back to normal today. Hi, Arthur.

Last night when the wind was supposed to be 5 knots or so, suddenly was rattling the windows with powerful gusts. The wind was back to normal today. Hi, Arthur.

Indeed, and BTW,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL AMERICANS AND THOSE THAT ARE BEING SWORN IN ON NOW YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! :angel:

Peaceful and Pleasant Atmosphere

These past couple of days it has been so peaceful and pleasant in this forum. Now some of the name calling and back biting seems to be creeping in again.

If a post appears to need a correction on a point, it can be done nicely. Or it can even be done in private.

Let's all get back to the peaceful and pleasant atmosphere that we all enjoy please. :angel:

I'm sitting here during another of my sleepless nights. My rib pain and headaches are getting worse instead of better. I see the Naturopath in the morning and my family doctor in the afternoon (they are actually working together on this!).

At least I am keeping myself busy with putting together the last of the invites - people we kind of forgot or who thought they couldn't make it and now can. I am really enjoying making these.

We didn't get out to get our rings but will do it Saturday. Mine will definitely need sizing. TB's is really cool with an infinity symbol with a diamond in the centre. Infinity has special meaning in our relationship as we say our love is always and forever, using criss cross arrows and infinity to illustrate it. :)

Arthur is way too far from Boston to be causing rain there. It's just now passing Virginia. There was a separate storm in the northeast.

Okay, when I first read this last night, it made me go back and reread Addie's post to see why you were talking about Arthritis...

Arthur is way too far from Boston to be causing rain there. It's just now passing Virginia. There was a separate storm in the northeast.

Ah, clarity...apparently a storm named Arthur is making the rounds. I'll go back to my corner now.:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Okay, when I first read this last night, it made me go back and reread Addie's post to see why you were talking about Arthritis...

Ah, clarity...apparently a storm named Arthur is making the rounds. I'll go back to my corner now.:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Don't worry, PF, I thought the same way until I remembered the storm brewing on the coast.

However, on some days, my "arthur" feels just as formidable as the weather one. :wacko::wacko:

Don't worry, PF, I thought the same way until I remembered the storm brewing on the coast.

However, on some days, my "arthur" feels just as formidable as the weather one. :wacko::wacko:

LOL! I just need to turn my "Nurse instincts" off...I have a tendency to look at people and categorize as how easy it would be to start an IV on them. "Arthur" is a daily part of my life, personally and at work.

These past couple of days it has been so peaceful and pleasant in this forum. Now some of the name calling and back biting seems to be creeping in again.

If a post appears to need a correction on a point, it can be done nicely. Or it can even be done in private.

Let's all get back to the peaceful and pleasant atmosphere that we all enjoy please. :angel:

Addie?
Did I miss something here? I haven't seen anything as you've described.
The forum seems to me to be running it's usual pace.Maybe another cup of coffee is needed here.Houdini woke me up too early.

Munky.

I had already Googled Arthur. A friend on FB wrote to her sister in New Brunswick that she was hoping it wouldn't be too eventful. Yup, New Brunswick, Canada is/was in the predicted path.

I hope it didn't hit you too hard. How are you doing with the storm?

As a friend of mine said, it wasn't as bad as a typical nor'easter. There was some minor flooding in the usual places and a couple thousand power outages closer to the beach, but just heavy rain and some wind here. The Outer Banks of North Carolina got it much worse - a lot of sand where it shouldn't be - but I don't think any roads are closed.

It cleared out late this morning and we have a beautiful day with 78F and low humidity.

Last edited:
I hope it didn't hit you too hard. How are you doing with the storm?

It is raining right now. There is thunder in the distant. A bit further away than last night. But I am sure it is coming my way. I don't mind storms. It is the wind that bothers me. I have seen first hand the damage it can do. If it can bring down a bridge that is all cement, it can bring down anything. When I lived in Tacoma we had a wind storm. No rain or thunder. Just winds that were more than 75 m.p.h. The huge blue spruce in back of my house got blown down. Fortunately it went in the opposite direction away from my house. I was looking out the window when it happened. I can still hear and feel the sound of it falling. :angel:

got a gallon of vanilla bean ice cream going in the kitchen. It's going to go with peach cobbler tomorrow. Having friends over for a cookout.

I'm still slightly amazed that ice and salt cause ice cream to freeze

Addie?
Did I miss something here? I haven't seen anything as you've described.
The forum seems to me to be running it's usual pace.Maybe another cup of coffee is needed here.Houdini woke me up too early.

Munky.

My question to Addie, is why bring something up that most folks don't notice? I'm clueless and happy too.

I had already Googled Arthur. A friend on FB wrote to her sister in New Brunswick that she was hoping it wouldn't be too eventful. Yup, New Brunswick, Canada is/was in the predicted path.

Where I live, at one point we were only 150 miles away from it, but it was like "oh look it's a bit windy outside and raining" that's it, we lucked out. East of us got a bit ruffled though.

Oh and it must have made my power blink, I had to reset clocks oh the humaity!:LOL:

Where I live, at one point we were only 150 miles away from it, but it was like "oh look it's a bit windy outside and raining" that's it, we lucked out. East of us got a bit ruffled though.

Oh and it must have made my power blink, I had to reset clocks oh the humaity!:LOL:
Glad to hear it.

My question to Addie, is why bring something up that most folks don't notice? I'm clueless and happy too.

A short nasty remark was made to someone and there was no need for it. It was a short direct remark. Easy to miss. I can understand remarks that are made with a wink emoticon. But this remark was not that. I could have reported it. But I think the message got across without any further problem. :angel:

A short nasty remark was made to someone and there was no need for it. It was a short direct remark. Easy to miss. I can understand remarks that are made with a wink emoticon. But this remark was not that. I could have reported it. But I think the message got across without any further problem. :angel:

Good point, and I'm glad most of us did.

I coughed to clear my throat - had to do it a few times hard. It triggered my rib pain again and drove it up to a solid 10 on the pain scale. Even I have difficulty managing that level for very long. I tried all my emergency pain meds and management tools but it isn't settling down at all.

I am going to go lay in my recliner with my relaxation tapes and see if that helps me go to sleep. I am sure Monkey will crawl up on my lap and keep me company.

Back
Top Bottom